• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
cdjen

2017 prospect in Junior World Tournament

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, cdjen said:

Only 3 players and none of them are heavy, tall Americans or Canadians players. That's what is wrong with our team... we rely on European players too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah. Why did we rely on those Europeans like Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Lidstrom, Holmstrom and so on? They're crap anyway. They're small Europeans. Useless.

I'd rather play 12x Riley Sheahan. He's crap and there's just about nothing he's good at except wearing teletubby outfits...but hey. He's tall, heavy and he's Canadian and that's what counts.

Edited by poel

Yeah. Why did we rely on those Europeans like Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Lidstrom, Holmstrom and so on? They're crap anyway. They're small Europeans. Useless.

I'd rather play 12x Riley Sheahan. He's crap and there's just about nothing he's good at except wearing teletubby outfits...but hey. He's tall, heavy and he's Canadian and that's what counts.

Yeah because some of them worked out so well, let's forever have more soft Euros who aren't as a good as Michigan boys right?

There needs to be the right mixture. You need players who are willing to do the dirty work, stand up for teammates, block shots and play through everything like Stevie did...most Euros are too soft and small for this kind of game.

On the other hand they can provide some skill and fancy plays which is still needed but lile Insaid there needs to be a balance.

2 hours ago, frankgrimes said:

Yeah because some of them worked out so well, let's forever have more soft Euros who aren't as a good as Michigan boys right?

There needs to be the right mixture. You need players who are willing to do the dirty work, stand up for teammates, block shots and play through everything like Stevie did...most Euros are too soft and small for this kind of game.

On the other hand they can provide some skill and fancy plays which is still needed but lile Insaid there needs to be a balance.

The three Redwings prospects did well...all three of them. If you want a mixture, then why would you complain about three Europeans doing well? Wings just recently added Mantha.

I'd rather have 3 good Europeans than nobody. Wings scouting department is very strong in Europe so some of the key players for the Wings will most likely continue to be Europeans. If you like it or not. 

The three Redwings prospects did well...all three of them. If you want a mixture, then why would you complain about three Europeans doing well? Wings just recently added Mantha.
I'd rather have 3 good Europeans than nobody. Wings scouting department is very strong in Europe so some of the key players for the Wings will most likely continue to be Europeans. If you like it or not. 

Which used to be a huge advantage but now every team has that. So it's way harder to find diamonds in the later rounds.

Key players? There are probably like 3 to 4 players on this roster now that could be key players in the future. These prospects won't even see the NHL for at least 2 more years.

Which used to be a huge advantage but now every team has that. So it's way harder to find diamonds in the later rounds.

Key players? There are probably like 3 to 4 players on this roster now that could be key players in the future. These prospects won't even see the NHL for at least 2 more years.

Yes, there are some excellent non-north-American players and we were very lucky to have had a share of them however every team now have excellent scouts in Europe and Russia and no longer do we get to pick the better ones. My point is that we should try to pick the best North American players. In this years All Star fan voting list there are 15 North American players out of 20 and none of them are playing for the Wings.

1 hour ago, cdjen said:

Yes, there are some excellent non-north-American players and we were very lucky to have had a share of them however every team now have excellent scouts in Europe and Russia and no longer do we get to pick the better ones. My point is that we should try to pick the best North American players. In this years All Star fan voting list there are 15 North American players out of 20 and none of them are playing for the Wings.

You are european correct? Can i ask why your so pro north american players? Cause it tends to be the opposite here. Thanks.