• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

kliq

Columbus Blue Jackets

Rate this topic

6 hours ago, Son of a Wing said:

He listed them as one of the weaker teams in the league around a week or so ago. Pretty sure he doesn't watch them. lol

You are wrong.

And why can't they? Has anything shown you that so far?

It's a very demanding, taxing style of play and at some point - like every other team - they are going to hit a slope. I mean some sites even have them as a cup contender *lol* Yeah it's an  awesome run for their fans but some sites even have them as a cup contender, which is insane, altough their style is highly entertaining.

10 hours ago, frankgrimes said:

It's a very demanding, taxing style of play and at some point - like every other team - they are going to hit a slope. I mean some sites even have them as a cup contender *lol* Yeah it's an  awesome run for their fans but some sites even have them as a cup contender, which is insane, altough their style is highly entertaining.

Case and point :lol:

13 hours ago, frankgrimes said:

There is no doubt that they cant keep up this pace, but why would calling the a contender be "lol worthy" and "insane"?

I wouldnt say they are favourites, but havent they proved they should be in the discussion? Why such disrespect towards them?

Edited by kliq

1 hour ago, kliq said:

Tonight they won their 16th in a row, 17 is the NHL record. 

I hope they break the record - their play is unreal right now. Besides the winning streak itself, I am most impressed by how few goals against they have. 

On 1/1/2017 at 4:10 AM, frankgrimes said:

What is demanding? They just flat outwork there opponents, I wouldn't say they are bruisers. And yes, they are in the convo for cup contenders, especially with Bob in net.

Have you noticed their 1st D pairing? Werenski - Jones. Two top 2 D logging a lot of minutes. In my opinion, these two guys as well as Bobrovski are the reason they are playing so well,

8 hours ago, kliq said:

Tonight they won their 16th in a row, 17 is the NHL record. 

Amazing that neither the Oilers in the 80's nor the Canadiens on any of their great teams won more than 17 straight.  The 1993 Penguins are one of the best teams ever.  In this day and age, no team should win 17 straight.  

Then again, we do have OT and shootouts now, so maybe that cheapens it somewhat.  They have three wins during this stretch in those "gimmick" situations.   

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

My I'd love to see them take the record, but it's certainly going to be tough to tie / beat it, with their next two games against the Capitals and Rangers...

In November they beat the capitals, rangers, then capitals three games in a row :P but yea definitely going to be a tough couple of games. Bobrovsky has been a monster though and they aren't back to back games.. I think they'll do it. 

2 hours ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Amazing that neither the Oilers in the 80's nor the Canadiens on any of their great teams won more than 17 straight.  The 1993 Penguins are one of the best teams ever.  In this day and age, no team should win 17 straight.  

Then again, we do have OT and shootouts now, so maybe that cheapens it somewhat.  They have three wins during this stretch in those "gimmick" situations.   

No doubt that eliminating the tie is a big factor in records like this being broken. Its no different then the record we set a few years back for home wins in a row.

2 hours ago, kliq said:

No doubt that eliminating the tie is a big factor in records like this being broken. Its no different then the record we set a few years back for home wins in a row.

Right, but parity being much greater today would be an offsetting factor.

should they win more than 17, NHL must act and redistribute their wealth points accordingly. (as the same philosophy applied when these genius come up with cap idea)