• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Toggers

Who Didn't Show Up?

Rate this topic

32 minutes ago, Toggers said:

During the recent celebration of the '97 Cup, I heard 4 Wings didn't show up for the ceremony. Does anyone know the 4 and why the didn't come?

Fetisov, Fedorov and I'm missing 2

Edit: Found it Sandstrom and Hodson

Just in case someone wants to relieve that magic moment

Edited by NerveDamage

3 hours ago, Toggers said:

During the recent celebration of the '97 Cup, I heard 4 Wings didn't show up for the ceremony. Does anyone know the 4 and why the didn't come?

To help with this part of your question, I believe neither Fedorov or Fetisov came because of their work obligations in Russia. 

37 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Likely story. Whats Sandy and Hodsons excuse?

Sandstrom is still feeling guilty about scoring 0 goals and 4 points during that playoff run, despite playing on the top line with Yzerman.

Hodson contributed as much to the Wings in 1997 as I contributed to writing the Beatles "Sgt. Peppers".  He'd have to be some kind of ahole to actually show up. I mean did Mike Knuble or Mark Major show up?  Will Sean Avery show up when they honor the 2002 team?  

Edited by GMRwings1983

8 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Sandstrom is still feeling guilty about scoring 0 goals and 4 points during that playoff run, despite playing on the top line with Yzerman.

Hodson contributed as much to the Wings in 1997 as I contributed to writing the Beatles "Sgt. Peppers".  He'd have to be some kind of ahole to actually show up. I mean did Mike Knuble or Mark Major show up?  Will Sean Avery show up when they honor the 2002 team?  

Avery is an attention *****, I wouldn't be surprised if he showed up for the 2002 team reunion.

34 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

This made me snort some of my latte :lol:

Wouldn't it be funny if he showed up at what was left of the 'Joe'...

Taxi cab pulls away, and there stands Eriksson amongst a massive pile of rubble.

All the free food, and booze :drunk:

Or he could be partying every other year when the Hawks win the Cup.  I'm guessing Bowman must touch the Stanley Cup ever year.  

Edited by GMRwings1983