• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

"Less can be more exciting." - Ken Holland

Rate this topic

The seats are 100% sold out through Joe Louis. As in the Red Wings sell all their tickets. The reason those seats are empty is because whoever bought them in bulks didn't sell them. For instance you will see Ticketmaster, Stubhub tickets still on sale as 3rd party. 
That's most likely why it's "sell out" because on their end (the franchises end), they've sold all their tickets to consumers. 

Ticket master doesn't buy the tickets, they handle the transactions for the team. Stubhub doesn't buy them either, it's a place for people to sell their tickets.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

56 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

I believe what kickazz was trying to say is that those tickets were all purchased (probably by ticket scalpers), and are up for re-sale with of course a mark up.

With the advent of StubHub - Ticketmaster has created their own 3rd market business (was thinking of taking the wife, and kids to a game this spring during their break - noticed that most are being re-sold on Ticketmaster for a hefty mark up - I decided against it).

So yeah - I'd say all the tickets are sold  - just that not all the seats are filled.

I don't know if it's from scalpers, I was thinking perhaps some season ticket holders put them out there for games they don't really care that much. I was trying to get some first row center ice tickets for the games I'll be attending but some ranged from $599 - $5,999 usd, I think that's the maximum they could charge for them and maybe it's just to advertise them but not really sell them until later in the season. Still, what a way to try and make some money... smh

Holland should have walked out of that press conference without a job.  However, I think the Wings (and Tigers) are currently in a state of limbo, much like the Pistons were a few years ago.  Mike Ilitch's health has been rumored to be very poor, and the family is waiting until he turns one way or the other before doing anything drastic.  Chris Ilitch will take over once his father is gone, but I don't think he'll do much of anything until that happens.  So, here we are as fans, stuck with this pile of dung.

Pretty sure I first called Holland out as a fraud way back in like 2008 or something. There were a few of us old guard who could see through all the scouting talent at the front to the lucky GM at the back.

Don't even think Blashill is that much of a bad coach in all honesty. He can't physically get on the ice and make Sheahan an offensive hockey player.

Anyways, the mighty UKRedWing thanks the NHL for banishing all the enforcers to the British ice hockey league. Last game I went to I saw the likes of Patrick Bordeleau and Brian McGrattan. Also old-Wings prospect Gleason Fournier. Even in our league he sucks.

18 minutes ago, uk_redwing said:

Pretty sure I first called Holland out as a fraud way back in like 2008 or something. There were a few of us old guard who could see through all the scouting talent at the front to the lucky GM at the back.

Don't even think Blashill is that much of a bad coach in all honesty. He can't physically get on the ice and make Sheahan an offensive hockey player.

Anyways, the mighty UKRedWing thanks the NHL for banishing all the enforcers to the British ice hockey league. Last game I went to I saw the likes of Patrick Bordeleau and Brian McGrattan. Also old-Wings prospect Gleason Fournier. Even in our league he sucks.

Teach me your ways

Not my ways. There were a few of us "Holland bashers" that got ridiculed. Just because we were at the time a successful team so many couldn't see the truth that was staring right in front of them.

Lidstrom. Holmstrom and Dats couldn't last for ever. Ah well. Go Cardiff Devils.

Edited by uk_redwing

5 minutes ago, uk_redwing said:

Not my ways. There were a few of us "Holland bashers" that got ridiculed. Just because we were at the time a successful team so many couldn't see the truth that was staring right in front of them.

Lidstrom. Holmstrom and Dats couldn't last for ever. Ah well. Go Cardiff Devils.

What would you have done differently to replace Lidstrom, Holmstrom, Stuart, Rafalski, and Datsyuk?

12 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

What would you have done differently to replace Lidstrom, Holmstrom, Stuart, Rafalski, and Datsyuk?

I for one would have signed Ericsson to a large contract with a NTC, trade a 1st round pick for Kyle Quincey, give Abdelkader a big contract with a NTC........................oh wait nevermind.

I probably would have done a bit more than say "we like our team" every ******* year.

I also wouldn't have signed rejects nobody else wanted like Dan Cleary, Jason Williams, Mikael Samuelsson, Dan Cleary, Mike Commodore, Stephen Weiss, Mike Modano, Dan Cleary...just to name a small amount of the trash that's been signed in the past 5 years or so.

Probably would have at least tried to draft some players with a bit of balls to grind out some wins when the going gets tough.

If you want to know precisely which players I would have signed instead in each year I'll have no doubt posted about those in detail at the time (been a member on here since 2006). I'm not going to try and remember who I thought was better 8/9 years ago, but feel free to search through my posts if you're that bothered.

And hey, what do I know, I've only been right and talking sense for a whole decade. Holland is a lazy ******* scrub who contributed nothing except nodding when Hakan Andersson told him who to draft.

Edited by uk_redwing

2 minutes ago, uk_redwing said:

I probably would have done a bit more than say "we like our team" every ******* year.

I also wouldn't have signed rejects nobody else wanted like Dan Cleary, Jason Williams, Mikael Samuelsson, Dan Cleary, Mike Commodore, Stephen Weiss, Mike Modano, Dan Cleary...just to name a small amount of the trash that's been signed in the past 5 years or so.

Probably would have at least tried to draft some players with a bit of balls to grind out some wins when the going gets tough.

If you want to know precisely which players I would have signed instead in each year I'll have no doubt posted about those in detail at the time (been a member on here since 2006). I'm not going to try and remember who I thought was better 8/9 years ago, but feel free to search through my posts if you're that bothered.

And hey, what do I know, I've only been right and talking sense for a whole decade. Holland is a lazy ******* scrub who contributed nothing except nodding when Hakan Andersson told him who to draft.

I'm not bothered. Just curious on how you wanted Holland to replace all those players. Not making the same depth signings he did and drafting grittier players doesn't really answer that though.

Just now, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I'm not bothered. Just curious on how you wanted Holland to replace all those players. Not making the same depth signings he did and drafting grittier players doesn't really answer that though.

They weren't all depth signings. He signed Jason Williams for example to score "20 plus goals."

He signed Commodore for an enforcer even though he sucked at fighting. He signed Cleary for a man crush several times even though he sucked. Weiss was already on a downward trend when he was signed to that God awful contract and he sucked, and that definitely wasn't a depth signing.

The rest of the crap was just blocking our young guns' chance to get some decent ice time on the 3rd/4th line. They were the only real moves I can comment on, because he barely made any.

Best thing he ever did was sign Aaron Downey and Dallas Drake.

3 minutes ago, uk_redwing said:

They weren't all depth signings. He signed Jason Williams for example to score "20 plus goals."

He signed Commodore for an enforcer even though he sucked at fighting. He signed Cleary for a man crush several times even though he sucked. Weiss was already on a downward trend when he was signed to that God awful contract and he sucked, and that definitely wasn't a depth signing.

The rest of the crap was just blocking our young guns' chance to get some decent ice time on the 3rd/4th line. They were the only real moves I can comment on, because he barely made any.

Best thing he ever did was sign Aaron Downey and Dallas Drake.

I don't think Williams was signed to replace any of the players you were talking about. Weiss was supposed to be Filppulas replacement.

So you wanted Tatar and Nyquist to get more playtime as your solution to replacing our aging stars???

3 hours ago, uk_redwing said:

What was your issue with Holland in 2008?

12 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

Holland doesn't set the lineup

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

Well he said both, and Holland actually controls who is called up/sent down... so, you know, like calling Lashoff up instead of Jensen or Russo.  That was Holland.

Blashill decides to keep playing Sheahan and not benching him like he should to send a message and light a fire, like any sensible and hard coach would have done long ago.