• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Richdg

Next 8 games may crush this team.

Rate this topic

Was just looking at the upcoming schedule. Yikes! In order: Ducks, Kings, Sharks, Blackhawks, Stars-all on the road, then come home to play the Pens, Habs, and B's. Normally I would hope for 8 points out of those 8 games, but now...... I am thinking maybe 5....... Hopefully this ends our misery and gets Holland into sell mode for more picks/prospects.

14 minutes ago, Son of a Wing said:

Stars, Kings and Bruins aren't who they once were. 

I bet we do better than you think we will. 

Maybe, but to what point? Oh well that is why they play the games.

I believe it's always important to play to win to maintain that competitive culture. Culture and morale are often overlooked by fans. 

It's not worth getting that bad anymore to improve a few small percentage points in a lottery. 

Was just looking at the upcoming schedule. Yikes! In order: Ducks, Kings, Sharks, Blackhawks, Stars-all on the road, then come home to play the Pens, Habs, and B's. Normally I would hope for 8 points out of those 8 games, but now...... I am thinking maybe 5....... Hopefully this ends our misery and gets Holland into sell mode for more picks/prospects.

Ducks L
Kings without Quick they aren't as scary so maybe an OTL
Sharks L
Pens L
Habs L
Hawks L
Stars W their defense sucks
Bruins W they have trouble scoring and defense needs work

So I guess around 5 plus an unexpected ot point here and there is realistic which obviously isn't enough to make up ground but it dramatically improves the chance to land one of Nolan, Liljegren or Foote and that's more important.

32 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

.500 doesn't mean the same as it used to.  When you can go 0-8 and still get 8 of 16 points, that's not .500 hockey.

I agree with you, but we are not a team that really benefits from that. We have 5 loser points which puts us at 8th out of 16 in our conference. We would pretty much be in the same spot if they didn't exist. Shootouts on the other hand help us, that we rank #1 in the conference.

Hard to believe, but our combined record against the Ducks, Sharks, Kings, Stars, Blues, and Predators is 6-0 (this season). [Edit: Actually, 5-1. We lost to the Kings.]

I feel like our old Western Conference rivals have a way of bringing out the best in the Wings. (See also: our dominant 2014-15 record against the Western Conference.) On the other side of the coin, I feel like pretty much the entire Eastern Conference has a way of bringing out the worst in the Wings.

So, with all that being said, I'm optimistic about this upcoming western swing and totally dreading that Penguins-Canadiens-Bruins homestand.

Edited by Dabura

6 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Hard to believe, but our combined record against the Ducks, Sharks, Kings, Stars, Blues, and Predators is 6-0 (this season).

I feel like our old Western Conference rivals have a way of bringing out the best in the Wings. (See also: our dominant 2014-15 record against the Western Conference.) On the other side of the coin, I feel like pretty much the entire Eastern Conference has a way of bringing out the worst in the Wings.

So, with all that being said, I'm optimistic about this upcoming western swing and totally dreading that Penguins-Canadiens-Bruins homestand.

lol, I agree. though I hope they find some momentum after the Cali trip for the homestand, since I'll be at those games (+ Rangers) and I want to get to sing Journey at least once ;)

On 1/1/2017 at 9:35 PM, DickieDunn said:

.500 doesn't mean the same as it used to.  When you can go 0-8 and still get 8 of 16 points, that's not .500 hockey.

Anyway you look at it .500 hockey doesn't do it for us anymore. We need to go on a heater in the next 20 games no matter who we play.  We need to win 75% of the games.  

i agree with what everyone has said....wings can beat anyone at any point but not with regularity....that is the epitome of a bad team though.  and yes, I feel we play much better against the west than we do the east....in their minds it's still a division rival it seems.

I truly hope for competitive games but losses.....we can secure that 3rd pick if we try hard enough :)

Fire Sale ... only way that KH redeems himself is if he can get rid of these players and load up on good 2nd or 3rd round picks: 

Erickson, Glendening, Abelkater, Helm. Mrazek 

I don't know why it bothers me that the Wings have the highest payroll and we are like a bottom feeder, it's not my money, but it does.  If we had one of the lowest salary team, then it'd be like ... OK, we are rebuilding, we can find a young talented free agent with cap space but we are choking ourselves to death.  

There's a lot of winnable games in there. Some of those teams have the same amount of wins, or only one or two over the Red Wings and some of them deal with very similar issues.

I think its realistic to believe that they can win half of those and I think they are going to steal a win against someone they were not expected to beat. I feel like the Red Wings are coming from the Centennial game more motivated.

There's a lot of winnable games in there. Some of those teams have the same amount of wins, or only one or two over the Red Wings and some of them deal with very similar issues.
I think its realistic to believe that they can win half of those and I think they are going to steal a win against someone they were not expected to beat. I feel like the Red Wings are coming from the Centennial game more motivated.

And if they do they'll still be one of the worst rosters in the league being coached by a bumbling idiot.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

No power play goals on the road since a week and a half before Halloween. Yikes. Maybe thats why Steve Ott was on a PP unit today. Hahahahaha. Definitely interested to see how this trip goes. Obviously would've loved a win, but after seeing this team battle back from down 4-1 late in the 3rd on Sunday and give themselves a shot in OT was certainly a pleasant surprise as well as something we've seen very little of this year. Just nice to finally see some actual fight outta these rims. Also looking forward to watch Anthony Mantha play professional hockey for a long time.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, RedWingsRox said:

Fire Sale ... only way that KH redeems himself is if he can get rid of these players and load up on good 2nd or 3rd round picks: 

Erickson, Glendening, Abelkater, Helm. Mrazek 

I don't know why it bothers me that the Wings have the highest payroll and we are like a bottom feeder, it's not my money, but it does.  If we had one of the lowest salary team, then it'd be like ... OK, we are rebuilding, we can find a young talented free agent with cap space but we are choking ourselves to death.  

I wouldn't want any of those players if I were an opposing GM.  Mrazek may have the highest potential, but he's been trash this season and goalies are a dime a dozen these days.  

Agree with you on the salary issue.  That's on Kenny Holland.  Hard to blame the players or their agents for agreeing to overpayments.