• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Richdg

Next 8 games may crush this team.

Rate this topic

11 hours ago, RedWingsRox said:

Erickson, Glendening, Abelkater, Helm. Mrazek 

You would have to package all four of those guys to get a 3rd let alone multiples. Erection and Glendening wouldnt likely get picked up on waivers let alone be traded for. Abs and Helm had ok trade value until they ordered a "Ken Holland Special" contract. Now teams would be dumb to take them on at their salaries. 

This team isnt going to be crushed by the next 8 games. They were crushed when Holland didnt follow through and retire with Lids.

Edited by GoalieManPat

2 hours ago, GoalieManPat said:

You would have to package all four of those guys to get a 3rd let alone multiples. Erection and Glendening wouldnt likely get picked up on waivers let alone be traded for. Abs and Helm had ok trade value until they ordered a "Ken Holland Special" contract. Now teams would be dumb to take them on at their salaries. 

This team isnt going to be crushed by the next 8 games. They were crushed when Holland didnt follow through and retire with Lids.

Bias aside, if Holland retired in 2012, do you truly believe a new GM would have been given the green light by Ilitch to clean house? 

Unlike most Nostradamus seer's in here, I have no idea how the next 8 games will go for us. Probably not well. The stats and the good old eye test tells me we are cooked. I do agree that this game stretch decides the outcome of the year.

So either win 8 in a row or loose them all, in my opinion. You know which one I think is most likely. But the other option is possible, albeit.. Highly unlikely.

Edited by Jacksoni

This team has won 3 of its last 31 games in regulation.  3 of 31.  That's godawful.  No way this team goes anywhere but down this year.  The Streak TM is over, and Holland's reign should be as well.  There are only a few tradeable pieces, so a true rebuild will be extremely difficult.  Holland's rich loyalty conracts have really put this team over a barrel, and not just in the short-term.  KH should be fired now, or at least be restricted from signing any more contracts.  His successor will have one of the toughest jobs in sports, trying to restore this team even to mediocrity.  The future in "Hockeytown" TM is pretty dark.

57 minutes ago, joshy207 said:

This team has won 3 of its last 31 games in regulation.  3 of 31.  That's godawful.  No way this team goes anywhere but down this year.  The Streak TM is over, and Holland's reign should be as well.  There are only a few tradeable pieces, so a true rebuild will be extremely difficult.  Holland's rich loyalty conracts have really put this team over a barrel, and not just in the short-term.  KH should be fired now, or at least be restricted from signing any more contracts.  His successor will have one of the toughest jobs in sports, trying to restore this team even to mediocrity.  The future in "Hockeytown" TM is pretty dark.

You should not be a motivational speaker.

But you are not wrong.

If the team can get their s*** together it can still make the playoffs. But as of now I do not see that happening. Especially with our 3 offensive dmen all out of the picture for a bit. The dynasty that once was has been forgotten and no one seems to care about the streak. 

Wow! The red wings now own the 3rd worst record in the NHL. And thats not changing within the next 2 weeks considering the schedule 

On 02/01/2017 at 11:44 AM, Son of a Wing said:

Stars, Kings and Bruins aren't who they once were. 

I bet we do better than you think we will. 

LOL how's that bet working out for you?  And Boston, Dallas are both actually very good teams with high puck possession so you're wrong yet again. 

Edited by shocky2002

13 hours ago, shocky2002 said:

Wow! The red wings now own the 3rd worst record in the NHL. And thats not changing within the next 2 weeks considering the schedule 

LOL how's that bet working out for you?  And Boston, Dallas are both actually very good teams with high puck possession so you're wrong yet again. 

Go away troll

22 hours ago, shocky2002 said:

Go Away Troll

22 hours ago, shocky2002 said:

Hmmm... Thinking of a good response to this.

Got it.

Go away troll. 

On 14/01/2017 at 1:58 AM, shocky2002 said:

On 14/01/2017 at 6:49 PM, DickieDunn said:

He ain't wrong

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

Go away troll!