• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

THATANK911

Coreau/Howard

Rate this topic

Additionally, at least this might shed some light on why Mrazek has been benched. Obviously there could something going on that we don't necessarily know about and perhaps Blashill and the coaching crew knows. So while some of us might not see it as a "big deal" Blashill might be because there may be more issues than the one incident. 

Alternatively he could have just been benched for sucking. 

Edited by kickazz

14 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Who said we should trade Mrazek over those actions anyways? And if he can't handle adversity and is reacting on immature defense mechanisms, then yeah, he is being an egotistical immature brat. 

As far as Mantha, It doesn't matter if you think what Devallano or Holland said is true. Calling someone a "spare part" but historically making excuses for other players who have similar or worse performances seems pretty biased. Regardless the point is, we didn't see Mantha ***** out. Whereas Mrazek gets benched and decides to be a boy wonder rebel over the smallest thing in practice. It's pretty petty.

So yeah, I'm calling Mrazek out. What's the problem with that? You don't have an issue with Holland calling Mantha out (unprofessionally), so what's your issue with fans calling Mrazek out? If what Ansar Khan is writing about true and if he was being stubborn then I stand by my opinion. 

In the real world if I had a worker that failed to show up to his shift because he didn't get a pay raise or didn't get picked to lead a project, that worker is going to have a damn tough time under me until his work ethic got better. I'd make sure of that. 

Cancerous people are just a detriment to team settings. Maybe it was a one time thing (I highly doubt it if they let it reach the media), Nonetheless, Mrazek is still young, he can still learn. But what he did was definitely not a quality I'd want in someone who was on my team (whether it's a sport or work place). He needs to mature up and deal with it better. Practice or games, you're part of a team, you're counted upon, you get paid, you are expected to be there. End of story. 

Frank and #9. Someone else after I responded too.

And I have no problem with anyone calling him out. Only with people going over the top with the criticism. Labeling someone as "cancerous" after a single incident is over the top, in my opinion. 

26 minutes ago, Buppy said:

Frank and #9. Someone else after I responded too.

And I have no problem with anyone calling him out. Only with people going over the top with the criticism. Labeling someone as "cancerous" after a single incident is over the top, in my opinion. 

I didn't say HE was cancerous. I'm saying cancerous people in team setting are a detriment. All we know of is this one incident. There could be more or none. Either way I thought he handeled the situation poorly. You have to be pretty far off to be cancerous. He's young, has time to learn and improve his attitude. But it's a concern and should be dealt with. 

Anyways, it looks to me like they did in fact deal with it by benching him in favor of Coreau that second time. Lots of speculation but the article is hinting on this narrative. I trust Ansar, Savage and Helen when it comes to these things.

Edited by kickazz

6 hours ago, ShanahansOneTimer said:

Wings have to trade whoever has the best return, I have not gave up on Mrazek yet, This defense would make Price look average..           Maybe...

That argument doesn't hold up though when Mrazek is putting up some of the worst numbers in the league while Howard's numbers are vezina like. If all the goalies on the Wings numbers were junk, then it would be a different story.

47 minutes ago, kliq said:

That argument doesn't hold up though when Mrazek is putting up some of the worst numbers in the league while Howard's numbers are vezina like. If all the goalies on the Wings numbers were junk, then it would be a different story.

Maybe I'am just expecting Howard to fall off, Its been the norm.

And as for Mrazek, I'm just hopeful he breaks through..

Hasn't broken through in almost a year now.
February 14 of this year marks one year anniversary of the fall of Petr the Great.

Can you believe it? One year since his break out performance ended.

Edited by kickazz

35 minutes ago, kickazz said:

February 14 of this year marks one year anniversary of the fall of Petr the Great.

It's scary because he WAS the future of our netminding.

Howards got 2 years left after this one, and I feel comfortable riding him for that time, but when that's up he will be 35. So we got 2 years to start finding a replacement. Would hate to do that through trade or FA where we will surely overpay for a decent goaltender. So we gotta hope one of Coreau, Paterson, Perry, Vanpottelberghe, or Larsson pan out? Scary stuff.

Coreau is probably destined to be at most a backup.
Vanpottelberghe has terrible stats in Switzerland right now.
Perry having a terrible year in college this year.

Paterson doing well in the ECHL (was just named ECHL goaltender of the month)
Larsson is having a pretty good year on his Swedish team right now, but will only be 20 when Howards contract is up.

If Paterson doesn't pan out we might be up a creek signing Bryzgalov or something

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

Howard isn't worth anything in a trade, regardless of his play in a whole 15 games. And not all those 15 were good. He's injury prone, inconsistent (especially for an 8 year vet), and still has two years left on a $5 million plus per contract. No team will touch him. He's the obvious choice to expose in the expansion draft. Can't risk losing Mrazek or Coreau, and Vegas won't take Howard anyways, although one can hope. Save Kenny from having to waive him.

Mrazek has been inconsistent, but he hasn't even played two full NHL seasons yet, and overall he's 55-39-11, .912 SV%, 2.43 GAA, 9 SO. Playoffs 4-6, .931, 1.88, 3 SO. These numbers, while on a pretty bad team, are very respectable, even excellent. Especially his playoff numbers while being wayyy overmatched against Tampa. His current slump is no reason to give up on him. Too many overreact about how bad he's been.

Coreau shows promise, and i'm happy the Wings have him. He's got a .889 SV% with a 3.43 GAA so far, and is 2-1-1, but we still need to see more of him, and i'm sure he'll get better. 

8 hours ago, kickazz said:

Been some talk in the press lately about how Mrazek needs to work harder, how he wasn't responding well to adversity and getting pissed at Blash and doing things like leaving the backup net at practice too early, and he needed to basically man up and get back to form, and he responded with a solid outing last night. Hopefully it continues and gets back to where he once was, at the top of the league.

1 hour ago, chaps80 said:

Howard isn't worth anything in a trade, regardless of his play in a whole 15 games. And not all those 15 were good. He's injury prone, inconsistent (especially for an 8 year vet), and still has two years left on a $5 million plus per contract. No team will touch him. He's the obvious choice to expose in the expansion draft. Can't risk losing Mrazek or Coreau, and Vegas won't take Howard anyways, although one can hope. Save Kenny from having to waive him.

Mrazek has been inconsistent, but he hasn't even played two full NHL seasons yet, and overall he's 55-39-11, .912 SV%, 2.43 GAA, 9 SO. Playoffs 4-6, .931, 1.88, 3 SO. These numbers, while on a pretty bad team, are very respectable, even excellent. Especially his playoff numbers while being wayyy overmatched against Tampa. His current slump is no reason to give up on him. Too many overreact about how bad he's been.

Coreau shows promise, and i'm happy the Wings have him. He's got a .889 SV% with a 3.43 GAA so far, and is 2-1-1, but we still need to see more of him, and i'm sure he'll get better. 

Respectable? Even excellent? Dude get real, both Mrazek and Coreau have terrible numbers

2 hours ago, chaps80 said:

You cant protect both Mrazek and Coreau, they will have to risk losing one of them.