• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NerveDamage

01/04 GDT : Red Wings vs Ducks : 10:30 PM ET

Rate this topic

Since we are playing the "Mighty" Ducks  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, F.Michael said:

Don't be silly...Blashill will be getting a contract extension.

I have a friend who's uncle works in the press box (has for a long time).  If Blash keeps losing, he's out and Torchetti is in for the rest of the season at least.  Shake things up and get rid of Holland at the end of the season.  He is the main reason we're in this mess.  Illitch has to be pissed that THIS is the last season at the Joe and the team heading into the brand new complex.

Of course, how long does he have to lose for?

Meh, you're rarely going to win a game when you lose 2 Dmen for more than a period. The neutered offence is still a huge problem.

Bright side:

- Mrazek played well.

- Larkin was a boss in the faceoff circle: 78%. In his development as a center that was a problem at the beginning of the year. Just need to get him some wingers that he gels with (need to try AA there).

Next game: 

- get Ott the hell off the PP. Everyone knew this wasn't going to go well.

- AA back

- Call up replacement D (assuming at least one of the two is out). Is Sproul injured? Are we at Russo now in the depth chart or do we get to see Lashoff again?

I think there will be a sense of urgency going into a new arena.  They need to sell tickets, and going into a new season being a .500 or less team is not going to fly with Illitch.  I just hope that if/when they do make moves, they don't overreact.

Meh...I believe it when I see it.

A few more years, or more of Blashill behind the bench is my guess...Holland seems pretty indifferent right now so there's no urgency of making any changes. 

Pull an Edmonton hire someone like Nichelson to evaluate everything. Mr. I must be furoius this is a cap team and not even close to being competitive.

Just accept the end of the streak and start listening to offers for Green, Vanek and company heck everyone should be available

Blame Blashill all you want, but going through the motion and playing without heart has nothing to do with coaching. The flaws with this team seem to be much deeper.

12 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

Meh, you're rarely going to win a game when you lose 2 Dmen for more than a period. The neutered offence is still a huge problem.

Bright side:

- Mrazek played well.

- Larkin was a boss in the faceoff circle: 78%. In his development as a center that was a problem at the beginning of the year. Just need to get him some wingers that he gels with (need to try AA there).

Next game: 

- get Ott the hell off the PP. Everyone knew this wasn't going to go well.

- AA back

- Call up replacement D (assuming at least one of the two is out). Is Sproul injured? Are we at Russo now in the depth chart or do we get to see Lashoff again?

I'd actually prefer to see Athanasiou with Nielsen. We need to get Larkin, Nyquist and Tatar going so I'd put those three together. Put Glendening on 4th line with Miller and scratch either Sheahan or Ott. Not sure about Jurco and Vanek but I'd probably try Vanek with Zetterberg. Either way, the current lines make no sense.

33 minutes ago, SwedeLundin77 said:

I have a friend who's uncle works in the press box (has for a long time).  If Blash keeps losing, he's out and Torchetti is in for the rest of the season at least.  ...

Just what we need, our PP coach taking over everything.

16 minutes ago, frankgrimes said:

...Blame Blashill all you want, but going through the motion and playing without heart has nothing to do with coaching. The flaws with this team seem to be much deeper.

Wouldn't getting players to buy into the system, and getting them motivated to play, be considered one of the primary aspects of coaching?

I think there will be a sense of urgency going into a new arena.  They need to sell tickets, and going into a new season being a .500 or less team is not going to fly with Illitch.  I just hope that if/when they do make moves, they don't overreact.

As bad as this season has been, and will likely continue to be, Detroit still holds the "Hockeytown" moniker. While watching a downtrodden hockey team is certainly foreign territory for many of us (I was 5 years old the last time they missed the playoffs), I can absolutely guarantee you there will be no problem filling the seats at LCA. This is still one of the most passionate fan bases in sports and a new, state-of-the-art arena is a very enticing idea. Look at the first couple years at Ford Field and how bad those Lions teams were. It's definitely "bad timing" though, considering this is how the final season at the Joe will be remembered.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk