• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MabusIncarnate

1/5 GDT - Red Wings at Kings - 10:30 PM EST

Rate this topic

59 minutes ago, amato said:

well this was a pleasant surprise to wake up to :D LGW 

Agreeing to this. Checked score before bed and it was 3 - 0 and figured would wake up to a 4-3 loss. Was VERY PLEASED. Now just need a Blue Jacket type streak to squeak into the playoffs...LOL

1 hour ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Agreeing to this. Checked score before bed and it was 3 - 0 and figured would wake up to a 4-3 loss. Was VERY PLEASED. Now just need a Blue Jacket type streak to squeak into the playoffs...LOL

sounds exciting! i'm game! :P 

13 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

So, I'm actually watching tonight. Looks like Blashill has stumbled upon some good line combos. Glenny looks good back on the 4th, eh? I love 62, 51, 72. One change I make, drop Tatar to the 3rd with Sheahan and Nyquist. Move Larkin up with Z and Mantha. 

39 - 40 - 71

72 - 51 - 62

14 - 15 - 21

20 - 41 - 29

I was saying this same thing last night, and when we get 43 / 8 back slide one of them in at C and sit 15.

Great all around game.  FYI, after watching the post-game with AA and Blashill, the penalty shot call was on Dekeyser not AA.  After watching it again I can see why they called a penalty shot.  Dekyser didn't go for the puck, he just hooked the guy up at his shoulders.  Great defensive play by AA but a reasonable call.  

Get up 3 early, buckle into the roller coaster ride, get out played terribly for stretches, hold on, regulation win. 2 points.    In all seriousness it was a good win.  We are still so bad in our own end for stretches but actually scoring some goals alleviates so much pressure. Congrats to Coreau on the shutout 

36 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Sit 15 and 14. Put 43 and 8 in their spots on my 3rd line. Let 15 and 14 earn their way back in.

When Helm is back, I would rather put the Nyquist-Helm Vanek line back together. Those 3 had excellent chemistry for a 3rd line. Sheahan I agree with.

What sucked about last nights game was the ice time for the F's. AA was 9th out of 12. Nyquist was almost 16 mins. In fact AA, neilsson, and Vanek were 3 of the bottom 5 in ice time. The line that played the best was used the least. Think about that. Yes MANtha was the leader in mins which is good. But the #2 line was used to little.

48 minutes ago, Richdg said:

What sucked about last nights game was the ice time for the F's. AA was 9th out of 12. Nyquist was almost 16 mins. In fact AA, neilsson, and Vanek were 3 of the bottom 5 in ice time. The line that played the best was used the least. Think about that. Yes MANtha was the leader in mins which is good. But the #2 line was used to little.

AA had 14:44 of ice time, Nyquist had 15:42, Nyquist played 58 seconds more. You make it sound like one played 16min while the other played 5.

When you take into account real life game consequences (ie. A guy gets hit and takes a shift off etc) and the fact that they won 4-0 so Blashill easily could have been giving guys like Nielsen and Vanek rest, the ice time seems fine to me. Saying it "sucked" seems a bit over the top.

7 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Those stretches are called the Drew Miller experience.  We are basically short handed during them.

I'm not sure if you even watch the games.  Drew Miller is not Sidney Crosby but every time Miller Ott and Glendening are on the ice they work hard at least. Rarely make a mistake and mix it up a bit. Exactly what you want your 4th  line to do.  You can dislike the guy, thats fine, that's your opinion. You can think that bringing up Nosek or Callahan and benching Miller will be beneficial. Once again your opinion but at least pay attention to what is going on out there when he's on the ice. He does exactly what he's supposed to do.  

5 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Sit 15 and 14. Put 43 and 8 in their spots on my 3rd line. Let 15 and 14 earn their way back in.

Accountability has to be brought into the equation here. AA was held accountable for his play and bingo he gets 3 points. 

14 hours ago, kliq said:

AA had 14:44 of ice time, Nyquist had 15:42, Nyquist played 58 seconds more. You make it sound like one played 16min while the other played 5.

When you take into account real life game consequences (ie. A guy gets hit and takes a shift off etc) and the fact that they won 4-0 so Blashill easily could have been giving guys like Nielsen and Vanek rest, the ice time seems fine to me. Saying it "sucked" seems a bit over the top.

He was 9th in ice time, which is what I said. Nyquist should be benched. AA and his line (he did just sit a game) should have been out there for 16-17 mins. There is no reason for the 3rd line to have more time on the ice than the second line which scored 3 goals to none. It shouldn't be close. But hey keep defending the management.

23 hours ago, kliq said:

When Helm is back, I would rather put the Nyquist-Helm Vanek line back together. Those 3 had excellent chemistry for a 3rd line. Sheahan I agree with.

IMO,  those three last game looked more unbelievable than if you reunited 14 with 43 and 62. I just feel 14 needs to sit to get the message across. There is no way AA nor Mantha should ever be a healthy scratch again.

5 hours ago, Richdg said:

He was 9th in ice time, which is what I said. Nyquist should be benched. AA and his line (he did just sit a game) should have been out there for 16-17 mins. There is no reason for the 3rd line to have more time on the ice than the second line which scored 3 goals to none. It shouldn't be close. But hey keep defending the management.

Wow! Talk about a stretch lol. So now ice time is managements fault? Didnt know Holland was telling Blashill what lines to use and when to play people during the game.

As far as Blashill goes, I think he should be fired and I am not defending him if you are implying he is management (which he is not). I will call out hyperbole when I see it, and the majority of your posts are hyperbole. They won 4-0, relax.