• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Richdg

Value of trade assets.

Rate this topic

maybe package Smith Mrazek and Nyqvist for that top D man ,who will be a trade partner thou is debatable. 

Russo up for Smith and Lorito for Nyqvist for remainder of this season to see what they can bring to the table.

Put Sheahans name out there as well, Nosek is more than a capable replacement at a cheaper cap hit, Sheahan has regressed every year since being on the roster.

I'm not sure on Tatar, he's been hot and cold but if we can get a good return on him then yes do the deal. Let Jurco have his spot and he'll either blow us away or seal his own fate by the end of the year. 

I may upset a few on here with this but , I'd ask Kronwall about a trade if a contender needs a solid vet for the 4/6 spot and will take on his contract I'd pull the trigger. Maybe we would have to take a minor contract back ala Vitale.

Ericsson, well his contract guarantees he remains a Red wing until 2020 ,unless we find a GM equivalent to Holland!! 

As for Miller and Ott , I doubt anyone will ask after them. Both contracts are up at the end of the season so let them run their course. 

Vanek and Green, well I guess you'd have to listen to any offers but I'd not be too concerned to move either, and I'd offer Vanek an extension if he doesn't move.

The only thing that should be set in stone in my opinion, is that Vanek gets traded to the highest bidder on or before February 28th. He is our best asset at this point, and the more he produces, the better for us. He should garner a second at the very least and quite possibly a first if he continues to put up close to a point per game pace. Especially if a team believes he could be the missing piece to their playoff run...

If Vanek loves it here and wants to stay, then I work out a deal with him telling him that we're  trading him for a 1st to a contender, then have a lucrative "thank you" deal ready for him July 1st.

But then again, we are still only 6 points out of 3rd place. Can we string a nice 10 game streak together and get ourselves even closer, possibly in?

Well if Tatar stays demoted and Nyquist gets to play with Mantha and Z and if AA continues to dominate, then yea we probably could get a nice win streak going. Our offense has to flourish. 

Edited by kickazz

57 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

If Vanek loves it here and wants to stay, then I work out a deal with him telling him that we're  trading him for a 1st to a contender, then have a lucrative "thank you" deal ready for him July 1st.

But then again, we are still only 6 points out of 3rd place. Can we string a nice 10 game streak together and get ourselves even closer, possibly in?

They shouldn't bring him back. They especially shouldn't  on a "lucrative" contract. The team will be up against he Cap again next year and have 12 RFA's coming the next 2 years including Mrazek, Mantha, and Larkin. Both Vanek and the Wings accomplished what they wanted with this deal. Vanek has proven he can still play in the league and will earn himself one last good payday somewhere else and the Wings got an asset for virtually nothing that they can flip to help rebuild. Vanek will be old and gray before this team is a contender again. No sense having him hold up a roster spot for a young guy. What Holland needs to do instead of resigning Vanek is to go out and find the Vanek of next years free agents. Someone he can flip at next years deadline for more picks. That would be a better use of cap space.

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

You think Vanek is a masochist?  

Honestly, I believe as long as they are within 10 points of a guaranteed spot  (3rd place) Holland will not sell and he may just buy. Again, only 6 points out is not insurmountable. They have to go on a nice streak, like 8-2 or 9-1, and have a couple teams falter a bit, but again, I remind you, 09 pens were out of the playoffs early in Jan that year as well...we don't have a crysby, but Mantha, AA, Vanek and Z seem to be trying to lead this team out of the ashes...

30 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Honestly, I believe as long as they are within 10 points of a guaranteed spot  (3rd place) Holland will not sell and he may just buy. Again, only 6 points out is not insurmountable. They have to go on a nice streak, like 8-2 or 9-1, and have a couple teams falter a bit, but again, I remind you, 09 pens were out of the playoffs early in Jan that year as well...we don't have a crysby, but Mantha, AA, Vanek and Z seem to be trying to lead this team out of the ashes...

How can he buy? This team has no space and the guys that could create space have no trade value? If he buys at the deadline he needs to be fired the following day. And what exactly would a slipping into the playoffs do exactly for this team? Nothing. A loss in 4 or 5 games does nothing but continue to decay the roster. We have seen this the last 4 years of just sneaking in. This team needs top notch youth. The type you get high in the draft.

Edited by GoalieManPat

How do you know Holland thinks differently?  He's never been in this situation...

Also I'm not sure what you mean by Helm to stay on IR.   He's already practicing with the team.  You can't just choose to keep a player on IR. Even if you do irrationally hate him. 

The thing is now though, you watch, the Wings will go on a little bit of a run, not a massive one, but just enough to put them on the playoff bubble. 

Which means Holland won't sell, he'll probably stand pat, and we'll end up either missing the playoffs or just squeaking in and getting dumped in the first round again. Vanek walks for nothing and we miss a great opportunity to set us up well for next season with a high pick of our own and another first from another team.....

That's just the way I see it. I'm glad this team has put it together the last week or so and I obviously want to see the Wings win, but really, for the long term future of this franchise, it couldn't have come at a worse time imo. We're not close to competing this year, and extending the streak by squeaking in just reinforces the badly managed philosophy of the last few years. 

Just now, wings4thecup06 said:

The thing is now though, you watch, the Wings will go on a little bit of a run, not a massive one, but just enough to put them on the playoff bubble. 

Which means Holland won't sell, he'll probably stand pat, and we'll end up either missing the playoffs or just squeaking in and getting dumped in the first round again. Vanek walks for nothing and we miss a great opportunity to set us up well for next season with a high pick of our own and another first from another team.....

That's just the way I see it. I'm glad this team has put it together the last week or so and I obviously want to see the Wings win, but really, for the long term future of this franchise, it couldn't have come at a worse time imo. We're not close to competing this year, and extending the streak by squeaking in just reinforces the badly managed philosophy of the last few years. 

Hope you are wrong. The last thing this team needs is another season were they barely get in and bounced in the first round and while doing so not selling at the trade dead line.

1 minute ago, frankgrimes said:

Hope you are wrong. The last thing this team needs is another season were they barely get in and bounced in the first round and while doing so not selling at the trade dead line.

I do too, but frankly, they've looked really good in say, 3 of the last 4 games or so and have beaten two of the top teams in the league. It's really tight in the East (6 points out of the last wild card spot and 4 points back of Toronto for 3rd in the division). Frankly, if this team isn't more than 10 points out I see KH sitting on his hands. 

While it wouldn't be the worst thing, they've clearly got an opportunity to get something good for Vanek right now, and they could actually attempt to sort out or D. It would really go a long way to getting this team off to a good start in LCA next year. 

All it takes is solid goaltending, another top quality D man, and a good C (or further development of AA and Larkin), and we could easily be in the mix next year. This team just needs some key young players to take another step forward (like we've seen from Mantha and to an extent AA) and things will be looking good. A good high pick in the draft and some help on D in exchange for Vanek would be something management would be extremely smart in doing, even if it costs them the beloved streak. 

Ya, but if they really want him they would be willing to pay up. 

I don't understand why folks think when it's us shopping, we have to pay up to outbid people, but when someone actually really wants something we have, we aren't going to get crap for it. This is nothing directed towards anyone, it just seems a general concensus. Look what we had to give up for Legwand, when a team wants a player they offer up to make sure they get the player. If Chicago feels Vanek is their missing piece, a 25-30 1st round pick plus a legit chance at another Cup is not too expensive. Especially to the Bowman's.

Just now, LeftWinger said:

I don't understand why folks think when it's us shopping, we have to pay up to outbid people, but when someone actually really wants something we have, we aren't going to get crap for it.

In theory, Vanek could fetch us something nice. But it won't necessarily work out that way, even if the team crashes and burns over the next few weeks and Holland resolves to move Vanek. For starters, it's Ken "Trades are hard" Holland, who's never had to be a seller before and who hasn't really demonstrated that he knows how to properly valuate his own assets (or talent in general). Additionally, 1sts and 2nds are arguably more valuable than they've ever been, so, even with the 2017 draft class lacking that gamechanging top-end talent, teams are probably still going to be very reluctant to "pay up." Stan Bowman himself has said that he probably won't be moving a 1st or a 2nd at the deadline:

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/18103137/nhl-chicago-blackhawks-likely-trade-deadline-dealers-season-bank-young-talent-getting-better