• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Richdg

Value of trade assets.

Rate this topic

I saw this on a couple of websites: WIIM and ProHockey something or another.

When the Yotes traded Yandle a couple of year ago he was 28, had 1.5 years left on his contract and was known as an offensive Dman. The Yotes got Duclair, Moore, a 1st round pick and a 2nd round pick for him. The Yotes did retain some salary.

When Hudler and Stepniack (spelling) were traded both in the last year of their contracts, the selling teams got a 2nd round and a 4th round pick for each one.

Those guys where used as the baseline for potential trades of Green and Vanek. If we can get close to those type of returns, both should be traded tomorrow! Let the rebuild begin!

Then get whatever we can for Smith and Ott.

I think Vanek could fetch a 2nd rounder, but I dont think Green will get anything close to what Yandle got. He may be able to fetch a first rounder, but I'm not sold on that. Smith could probably get us a 3rd or 4th. Miller and Ott will likely get us low picks or "future considerations".

As far as the others, most teams dont acquire talent at the deadline that are not impending UFA's. So I dont see us getting good value for guys like Tatar, Nyquist etc. Moves like that are made in the off-season, or at least used to. Personally I would like to hang on to Nyquist and trade Tatar but I think we should be open to all and any offers.

12 minutes ago, Hockeymom1960 said:

I don't know why anyone wants to get rid of Ott for cryinjg out loud.  He's the least of our worries.  He has veteran leadership and has heart.  

Talking about a player's trade value has nothing to do with "wanting to get rid of them". Ott is an impeding UFA, therefore he is being brought up. Its no different then Green, Smith, Miller, or Vanek. 

Where did you get the impression that is a "worry"?

I truly believe Vanek will fetch a 1st from a team in the top 5-7 looking for a scorer to rent for a serious cup run.

Green could get a 1st as well, but maybe a 2nd considering he would control where he goes with his NTC.

Smith could actually get us a 2nd from a team that really wants him (like rumored Boston or Florida from last deadline.)

Remember, the price goes up within the division. 

Ericsson is more like a 3rd with retained salary...4th without.

Nyquist/Tatar could range between 2nd and 4th.

I wouldn't want any players back, just picks. Plus I don't think we'd get a Duclair type player in return for any of them. Ott isn't going to be traded.

12 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I truly believe Vanek will fetch a 1st from a team in the top 5-7 looking for a scorer to rent for a serious cup run.

Green could get a 1st as well, but maybe a 2nd considering he would control where he goes with his NTC.

Smith could actually get us a 2nd from a team that really wants him (like rumored Boston or Florida from last deadline.)

Remember, the price goes up within the division. 

Ericsson is more like a 3rd with retained salary...4th without.

Nyquist/Tatar could range between 2nd and 4th.

I wouldn't want any players back, just picks. Plus I don't think we'd get a Duclair type player in return for any of them. Ott isn't going to be traded.

For the most part I think your expectations are a bit unrealistic, though I hope you are right. As far as Nyquist/Tatar, I dont even consider it for a 4th. I would rather use one of them in a package for a d-man.

Now the harder part is to find a dancing partner to make a deal. I took a look at the top teams, the ones most likely to make it to the PO's. Also took a breif look at their needs based on how their O/D are doing.

Needing Offense: Boston, Ottawa, Washington, Florida, Chicago, San Jose, Anaheim, and LA.

Needing Defense: Pitt, NYR, Philly, Tor, TB, STL.

Could be looking to improve either end: Habs, BJ's, Minny, Ed, Cal.

Players we have that may help by catagory:

Offense: Nyquist, tatar, Vanek, Green, Smith

Defense: Sheahan and Helm as 3/4 C's, but that is about it.

grit (always looked for at the deadline): Ott

I'm probably naive and maybe just hopeful but I think it's too soon to be talking about this stuff, as bad as we been we still have a shot in the top 3 of our division 

I can't for the life of me believe that nyquist and sheahan will go the rest of the way with 2-5 goals combined , they have to wake up at some point , Larkin has to break out , mantha is an emerging threat ,athanasiou is coming, abdelkader soon arriving ... I just think we'll be in the hunt so holland won't deal assets ... But for the hell of it 

vanek - could fetch a late first , if not 2nd and maybe an additional mid pick

green - don't think he gets moved , but maybe a second and a mid level prospect 

miller - 7th rounder/future considerations 

smith - 3rd rounder , maybe a 7th on another year as well if we're lucky 

zero chance of trading Ericsson and Howard , also unlikely but I'd like to see us deal a tatar/nyquist to the ducks for a carlsson/Theodore , gotta take a risk on a promising young dman, no ones gonna give us an elite dman 

Last time Vanek returned a second and some sort of prospect. Now he is older and a third liner on a good team so a team would have to really be all in on order to give the Wings a first rounder for him. A second is much more realistic.
Green should net the Wings a bit of a better return, he is signed through next season but I also don't think a team would give up a first for him hopefully I am wrong.
A second for Smith? Also a bit high a prospect in need of change or third rounder would make me happy.
Asking price for Tatar would be a second, same for Goose

1 hour ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

we still have a shot in the top 3 of our division 

They have as much of a shot at the playoffs as I have of marrying Kate Upton.

1 hour ago, frankgrimes said:

Last time Vanek returned a second and some sort of prospect. Now he is older and a third liner on a good team so a team would have to really be all in on order to give the Wings a first rounder for him. A second is much more realistic.
Green should net the Wings a bit of a better return, he is signed through next season but I also don't think a team would give up a first for him hopefully I am wrong.
A second for Smith? Also a bit high a prospect in need of change or third rounder would make me happy.
Asking price for Tatar would be a second, same for Goose

Last time Vanek was reportedly looking for a huge contract.  Now he's a rental who, if he re-signs, will likely be relatively cheap.

1 hour ago, DickieDunn said:

I think you may be over-estimating how good the teams above us in the division are, or you have no faith that we fire Blashill (I'm guessing this one). If we fire Blashill and get our injured players back, I think we have a very good chance of getting that 3rd seed.

4 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

You think you have a 3.3% chance of marrying Kate Upton. I really wish I had your good looks, charm and money...

I think we can still make the playoffs, and I'll be rooting for the Wings until the last game of the season, hoping to squeeze in... However, if we are out of it come trade deadline, I'd be shopping all pending UFA's as well as Green. If we can trade some / all of those players and head into the summer with 4 or 5 picks in the first two rounds, that'd be great to start building back up again.

Or trade for prospects. Draft picks in rounds 2 and later need 3-4 years to develop. We need help now. So getting some guys that are already 2-3 years down the development road playing in the AHL or college would make some sense. For example, there have been Chicago wants Vanek rumors. Here are some guys from Chicago that I would consider:

John Hayden 6-3/217 RHed RW 22 years old, 4th season playing for Yale. Career numbers by season at Yale: 3rd rd in 2013.

13/14 6 goals 16 pts in 33 games

14/15 7 goals 18 pts in 29 games

15/16 16 goals 22 pts in 32 games

16/17 11 goals 18 pts in 14 games

He is known to play using his size down low around the net. Something we need.

Matheson Iacopelli 6-3/206 LHed LW/C. Plays for WMU. 3rd rd pick in 2014.

13/14 41 goals 63 pts in 58 games for Muskegon USHL

14/15 23 goals 37 pts in 56 games for Muskegon USHL

15/16 1 goal 7 pts in 27 games for WMU

16/17 14 goals 19 pts in 18 games for WMU

Known as a good skater with a very good shot.

Carl Dahlstrom 6-4/223 LHed D 21 years old. 2nd rd pick in 2013.

This is his 1st season with the Rockford IceHogs AHL. Has played 22 games with 3 goals and 4 pts. Known to be a very good stay at home defender.

Any combo of 2 or 3 of these guys would work for me. All could be ready to play in the NHL sometime next season. Future stars? Doubtful, but these are the type of players that you find in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. 3 line guys that may become second line guys. Hayden and Iacopelli are Abby type of players and Dahlstrom is an Ericsson type of defender. All add depth and competition for our team and organization.

Now names for Green. One of the sites talking about moving Green mentioned the Rangers as a possible trading partner. The proposed trade was Green (we retain 50% of his salary in 17/18) and a late rd pick to the Rangers for Vesey and their 2017 1st.

Now that was just someone spitballing. But if we could do Green for Vesey 1 for 1 I would do it in a heartbeat!

To me the perfect deal for Green would be to the Habs with Sheahan for their 1st and McCarron. Helps the Habs out this year and next as they are built for deep Cup runs, also gives them the large defensive C they are looking for/trying to create and we get a big RHed RW who is very good around the net in McCarron (Detroit kid as well) and another pick.

I think there is a lot of overvaluing here, perhaps different if we were discussing this 5 years ago.  Draft picks are more valuable than they've ever been.  It's very difficult to get a 1st round pick out of someone (especially with a rental).

Don't forget, Yandle was traded along with another player + a 4th round pick and the 1st round pick coming back was conditional.  I also don't think the Wings have any players being discussed above in Yandle's position (still relatively young, Dman generating 50+ points a year and on a very friendly contract).

8 hours ago, Richdg said:

Now names for Green. One of the sites talking about moving Green mentioned the Rangers as a possible trading partner. The proposed trade was Green (we retain 50% of his salary in 17/18) and a late rd pick to the Rangers for Vesey and their 2017 1st.

Now that was just someone spitballing. But if we could do Green for Vesey 1 for 1 I would do it in a heartbeat!

To me the perfect deal for Green would be to the Habs with Sheahan for their 1st and McCarron. Helps the Habs out this year and next as they are built for deep Cup runs, also gives them the large defensive C they are looking for/trying to create and we get a big RHed RW who is very good around the net in McCarron (Detroit kid as well) and another pick.

Wow 

0% chance green gets us vesey or mccarron and a first

i liked the thought of geting jack roslovic before the juniors cause the jets have a ton of forwards but don't think they'd do it now , no idea what it would cost to land him 

Didn't we trade a 2nd rd pick + Eaves + Jarnkrok for Legwand? And our aspirations were just to MAKE the playoffs. Certainly a team trying to win the cup would trade a 1st for Green, right? I mean, it's tough finding good Dmen out there. Just ask Detroit fans....

On 1/10/2017 at 2:18 AM, kliq said:

I think you may be over-estimating how good the teams above us in the division are, or you have no faith that we fire Blashill (I'm guessing this one). If we fire Blashill and get our injured players back, I think we have a very good chance of getting that 3rd seed.

There is a 0% chance that Holland makes a coaching move before the Wings are to far out of it to come back. Blash was Hollands pet project. Groomed to take over for Babs and lead the Wings back to the promised land. Remember Holland says less is more and Blash is certainly providing the less part. 

You think you have a 3.3% chance of marrying Kate Upton. I really wish I had your good looks, charm and money...
I think we can still make the playoffs, and I'll be rooting for the Wings until the last game of the season, hoping to squeeze in... However, if we are out of it come trade deadline, I'd be shopping all pending UFA's as well as Green. If we can trade some / all of those players and head into the summer with 4 or 5 picks in the first two rounds, that'd be great to start building back up again.

Mathematical odds and actual odds aren't always the same. Realistically it's more like .0000033% because of Trashill.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, GoalieManPat said:

There is a 0% chance that Holland makes a coaching move before the Wings are to far out of it to come back. Blash was Hollands pet project. Groomed to take over for Babs and lead the Wings back to the promised land. Remember Holland says less is more and Blash is certainly providing the less part. 

Your probably right, but as far as what GM's say to the media I take that with a grain of salt. The one thing that does put doubt in my head however is the streak. I am not sure I believe management and ownership value Blashill over the streak and if they believe another coach could save it, I could see that being the deciding factor.

23 hours ago, F.Michael said:

Is Green a good Dman?

That's debatable.

he is our best thehehe

vanek and green should get us 1 firsts 

smith i hate to say it is one of better dmen 3rd at best

ott can go for whatever we can get he has no value to me.

BUT i dont see holland trading for picks. if anything hell be trading for rentals to help make the playoffs