• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
krsmith17

Frans Nielsen will represent Red Wings at NHL All-Star Game

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Well sir youve been brainwashed by the NHL media. I agree Toews is a fantastic player. Really works hard and is elite defensively. But he's no where close to Yzerman. He's no where close to the top 100.

Let me ask you. How do you feel about Patrice Bergeron? Do you think he would be a top 100 player?

100% agree.

To win a championship in any of the major team sports, you essentially need an entire sequence of events/instances to go a certain way. Whether it is your goalie playing well, team staying healthy, top guys scoring, bottom 6 contributing, a health dynamic in the locker room, to even smaller things like that puck the goalie didnt see hitting the tip of his skate opposed to going in the net, or that puck taking 2 bounces and going in giving your team a GWG and all these things need to happen ALOT in order to win those 16 playoff games.

My point is, all the stars need to align. I will give Toews credit, he was given a role on the Blackhawks and no doubt he does his role very well. The misconception is that Towes is THE reason why the Blackhawks have won 3 Stanley Cups. Towes has played his role, but without Kane scoring, Keith and Seabrook scoring/defending, Niemi and Crawford shutting the door in some key instances, the coaching staff coming up with the right plways, pucks going the teams way etc. Chicago doesn't win anything. Please don't confuse this as me saying they are just lucky or as Towes being a bad player as that is not at all what I am saying, what I am saying is that a championship is won by a collection of things.

People forget this is a team game, not an individual sport. Unfortunately fans/media love to put it all on one person. When a team wins they give a player all the credit, when a team loses they love to give that one player all the blame. Towes is one of many key pieces to the Chicago dynasty, he isn't the entire dynasty. Lets not confuse him with guys like Yzerman, Messier, Gretzky, Lemieux, Crosby etc.

27 minutes ago, Hockeymom1960 said:

I haven't watched any of it because I don't want to hear all the salivating going on.

If anybody HAD been watching, this might have been more of an issue:

Snoop Dogg breaks out uncensored song during NHL All-Star Skills Competition

http://www.sbnation.com/2017/1/28/14427200/snoop-dogg-nhl-all-star-skills-competition-song-dj-nbcsn-apology

2 hours ago, Y19 said:

McDavid failed to break Larkin's record in the speed skating competition.  That means Larkin is kind of there "in spirit" defending it ... right?  :tomato:

The only problem, again, is that it wasn't comparable.  McDavid started at the red line, like they used to, while Larkin started at the blue line, so really was at top speed when the clock started.

27 minutes ago, toby91_ca said:

The only problem, again, is that it wasn't comparable.  McDavid started at the red line, like they used to, while Larkin started at the blue line, so really was at top speed when the clock started.

Either way, can't blame Larkin. The NHL should have known better then to change the rules as they pretty much guaranteed a controversy. Larkin could only skate with the rules he was given.

On 1/27/2017 at 9:49 PM, mackel said:

I don't this Towes is over rated at all.  He is THE player that makes that Chicago roster go.  He's a complete player and consumate leader.

He's exactly the type of player the wings need a talented Canadian with an abundance heart and leadership.  Something we've not had since Stevie.

Toews might go down as one of the most overrated players in history. Without Kane scoring those big goals when Toews choked then his resume would be a fraction of what it is now. The year Toews won the Conn Smythe, Kane deserved it.

16 hours ago, toby91_ca said:

Did McDavid break Gartner's mark?  I believe Gartner started at the red line too.  

1 minute ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Did McDavid break Gartner's mark?  I believe Gartner started at the red line too.  

Yes, he did.  Gartner actually sent him a text or something like that, congratulating him on breaking his record.  Gartner was the first guy to quickly point out that Larkin didn't really break his record.

6 minutes ago, toby91_ca said:

Yes, he did.  Gartner actually sent him a text or something like that, congratulating him on breaking his record.  Gartner was the first guy to quickly point out that Larkin didn't really break his record.

Have to agree with Gartner there.  This isn't track and field, but it still doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that starting from a different spot on the ice can affect time.  

That being said, someone should send Gartner a text congratulating him for being on the top 100, ahead of Bill Cook, Frank Brimsek and Evgeni Malkin.   

1 hour ago, kickazz said:

I don't care for technicalities. Larkin is the record holder. Just like no-goals can turn into goals due to subjective officiating, this one counts too. 

YAY LARKIN!

Technicalities are important.

I still think Larkin would beat Connor McDavid. McDavid didn't exactly start from the Red line, they did gave him a head start, he started about 2 feet behind the red line. McDavid also skated right behind the goal while Larkin skated behind the goal line. Larkin also slipped and McDavid didn't. 

See below. 

Larkin skated around full length of goal line, McDavid didn't. 

EvmPTg4.png?1

They both had head starts, Larkin had a bigger one. 

SZaEc4f.png?1

So head start vs. slip, vs one taking a slightly longer route than the other. I don't declare McDavid the winner until conditions are equal. 

Edited by kickazz

But most of all the reason I think Larkin truly is faster than Connor McDavid is because when the conditions were equal (during their respective relays) Larkin recorded a time of 12.894 while McDavid recorded 13.020. 

It's not even close. He would have destroyed McDavid because a 1 second difference is huge on ice. 

XJxmiGI.png?1

Edited by kickazz

3 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Toews has 3 Stanley Cups, a Conn Smythe, a Selke, and is s +187 lifetime.

Nielsen has won nothing and is a -5 lifetime.

I think you might actually be Ken Holland!  You think just like him.

I am Ken Holland. Anything else? 

Edited by kickazz