• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

1/10 GDT - Red Wings at Blackhawks - 8:30 PM EST

As much as I like Abdelkader...but he has to stop taking stupid penalties. It's one thing to take penalties but he certainly has a flair for taking dumb ones...

that penalty carrying over into OT probably cost us the win.  Abby can look upset all he wants, he just needs  to stop doing that.

After the lousy start (again), I am OK with coming away with a point, and not embarrassed.  My bar is set medium-low, here, but it is easier this way.

Love them anyway, but... sigh.  :confused:

Edited by puckloo39

2 minutes ago, wingfan1991 said:

Your typical Hawks pp game... never has there been a team as fortunate over the last 5+ years to get so many pp chances late in games... there should be a stat for that cause they rank #1 by a landslide!

Still behind Montreal though.

And even though it was a soft call, it was a stupid play by Abdelkader. It's typical for him. I like the guy but he needs to smarten up.

The officiating tonight was a joke. Brad watson is a clown and should be fired. We got called for everything while they got away so many hooks, 2 obvious slashes, goalie interference to name a few. 

The plus is is the vanek line continues to look great, hank and mantha played great and i thought nyquist had a really good game as well. 

Larkin has been quiet but i like him playing with tatar. They have potential to get going. 

Ericsson and sproul were beyond terrible tonight and were a huge factor for why we lost. 

Mrazek looks a lot more comfortable in net and seems to be tracking pucks a lot better. If it wasnt for him we had 0 chance of being in this game. Hopefully he gets another start and he can continue to become more confident by getting a 2 to 1 win or a shutout. 

As much as I like Abdelkader...but he has to stop taking stupid penalties. It's one thing to take penalties but he certainly has a flair for taking dumb ones...

Ken Kal on the radio kept saying how we would improve with the return of Abby and Green!!! Well, how great was it to get big Abby back in the line-up? He sure knows when to get a penalty!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't get a chance to watch the game but I did just watch the highlights. 2 takeaways 

1. Sproul better learn how to be better defensively 

2. Mrazek needs to stop more pucks. 

59 minutes ago, wings_fanatic said:

The officiating tonight was a joke. Brad watson is a clown and should be fired. We got called for everything while they got away so many hooks, 2 obvious slashes, goalie interference to name a few. 

The plus is is the vanek line continues to look great, hank and mantha played great and i thought nyquist had a really good game as well. 

Larkin has been quiet but i like him playing with tatar. They have potential to get going. 

Ericsson and sproul were beyond terrible tonight and were a huge factor for why we lost. 

Mrazek looks a lot more comfortable in net and seems to be tracking pucks a lot better. If it wasnt for him we had 0 chance of being in this game. Hopefully he gets another start and he can continue to become more confident by getting a 2 to 1 win or a shutout. 

He let in 2 pucks from the point that didn't hit a thing. Not good enough. 

50 minutes ago, puckbags said:

I didn't get a chance to watch the game but I did just watch the highlights. 2 takeaways 

Watch the first goal again. The puck hits Marchenko and changes directions right in front of Mrazek. Your comment does apply to the OT goal, though you could argue he was pretty well screened by Glendening.

I thought Mrazek was pretty good. For me it counts as 2 games out of his slump and hopefully that countinues and he gets back to top form. Hope Blash plays him next game.

5 hours ago, wingfan1991 said:

Your typical Hawks pp game... never has there been a team as fortunate over the last 5+ years to get so many pp chances late in games... there should be a stat for that cause they rank #1 by a landslide!

Good teams draw bad teams into penalties. Look at tonight. 5 of the 7 penalties were stick penalties because or D or forward got beat. Its interesting you say there should be a stat because if there was I can tell you who would be #1 for about 15 years straight from 95 to 2010. The Wings got the same timely PP chances when they were good. 

5 hours ago, BinMucker94 said:

That was a soft call to make with 15 seconds left in the game.

Not really. It was a textbook boarding call. Refs can overlook stick penalties when there is only 15 seconds left but when you hit a guy in the numbers along the boards after hes already released the puck its going to get called 100% of the time and rightly so. Abs is picking up right where he left off with stupid penalties.

Edited by GoalieManPat

5 hours ago, puckbags said:

Like you said you watched the highlights not the game.  They are not the same 

Marchenko stood out as having a bad game to me... kept dumping pucks up ice without looking for a man, and handing it to the blackhawks.

The call on Abby was always going to be made - but I did think the Hawks got away with a bunch of hooks and slashes earlier in the game, similar to calls the Wings went to the box for... not that our PP would actually score if given the chance, but it did rob 5 on 5 ice time where I thought the Wings were moving the puck well for a change.

I like the forward lines pretty good now, to be honest... Tatar and Nyquist are slumping, but as mentioned Z/Mantha and Vanek/Nielsen/AA are playing great together.  Abby/Larkin/Tatar could be a real threat if they have time to develop it.

7 hours ago, Hockeymom1960 said:

Like you said you watched the highlights not the game.  They are not the same 

Mrazek can make all the great saves he wants, that's his job. It's also his job to stop a puck in OT that didn't hit a thing.  I want Mrazek to be our # 1 goalie long term but it's a goalies job to steal a game once in a while. I watched the game this morning and he made lots of very good saves ( it's his job) but all those nice saves don't mean anything when you let in a 60 footer untouched from the blue line.