• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DatsyukianDekes

Ovechkin hits 1000 points

Rate this topic

So, clearly Ovechkin is a goal scorer, but I think he's close to, if not #2 (Crosby #1) over the past decade or so.  So, significant enough to make this an even crazier stat (yes, I know, different era, but...).....At the same age Ovechkin is now, Gretzky had 2,263 points.

7 hours ago, kickazz said:

Did they start cutting goalie equipment size yet? Or is it next season? 

I have a bet going that he'll surpass Gretzky's goal totals (as long as he remains healthy and plays in the NHL till hes 40) with someone. 

Ovechkin sits at .626 goals per game which is a quarter goal higher than Gretzky’s .601.

Ovechkin is already top 20 in terms of adjusted goals scored (not including this year). EVen if he doesn't pass Gretzky in total goals but gets close, he is the best goal scorer of all time imo.

7e9ab3afa0.png

How many players that came into the league after Ovechkin will hit 1,000 points?

Kane?  Stamkos?  Who else?  

On 1/12/2017 at 2:34 PM, DatsyukianDekes said:

Ovechkin sits at .626 goals per game which is a quarter goal higher than Gretzky’s .601.

Ovechkin is already top 20 in terms of adjusted goals scored (not including this year). EVen if he doesn't pass Gretzky in total goals but gets close, he is the best goal scorer of all time imo.

7e9ab3afa0.png

What a strange metric.  Why is Bobby Hull ranked below Shanahan and Iginla?  

Kopitar is questionable imo. Depends on how he ages and how the Kings progress as a team. They've been on a decline for some reason

Kane, Backstrom seems like they will, Caps will likely be good a while and Blackhawks seem to always be good.

Edited by kickazz

For a lot of these players it's all fine and dandy till they hit around age 31 or 32. Then the decline gets real. Ovechkin will likely maintain a decent goal scoring rate simply because he's just one strong dude and for him that's all it take to shoot and score. Guys like Kopitar and Kane and Backstrom who rely on more (such as speed, hand eye, playmaking) might not be as well off when they get to that point and suddenly 1000 points starts to become a harder task. 

But I do think they most likely will long as they age well and don't have chronic injuries

Edited by kickazz

3 hours ago, kickazz said:

I think GMR asked players that came to the league after Ovechkin

Did he not? Ovie was drafted in '04 Sid in '05. Or are you saying since the lock-out happened they came in at the same time?