• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MabusIncarnate

1/12 GDT - Red Wings at Stars - 8:30 PM EST

11 minutes ago, puckloo39 said:

I can't help but think Datsyuk is really glad to be gone.  He smiles more now than he ever did in Detroit.

Remember when people thought it was a mistake for lidstrom to retire early? That he should've wasted more years of being a top 5 defenseman on a s*** franchise? 

6 minutes ago, shocky2002 said:

Remember when people thought it was a mistake for lidstrom to retire early? That he should've wasted more years of being a top 5 defenseman on a s*** franchise? 

Welcome back, our ray of sunshine.

2 minutes ago, MabusIncarnate said:

Welcome back, our ray of sunshine.

I really should get a boost for calling this team a fluke when they were 8-2 or something early on, with negative advanced metrics all around. Really want to quote the posters who suggested I was wrong 

Look at Jensen bobbing and weaving, strong effort.

2 minutes ago, shocky2002 said:

I really should get a boost for calling this team a fluke when they were 8-2 or something early on, with negative advanced metrics all around. Really want to quote the posters who suggested I was wrong 

How about a moral boost and a crisp high five?

Niemi was the difference maker.  I'm actually not that mad about that game.  We played much better than them for most of the game.  Just a short bit there in the 2nd.  If we can get our coaching straightened out I don't think we'll be down too long.  I loved AA again tonight.  This kid is ******* legit.  Before tonight he had 7 points in 3 games, and he looked dominant at times tonight.  Stand behind what I said before, he's got elite skill. 

5 minutes ago, shocky2002 said:

The red wings are currently bottom 5 in score adjusted corsi, bottom 10 in scoring chances, bottom 10 in high danger scoring chances and also just as bad in scoring chances against. Id say they belong right where they are. 27th in the league. Bring on the draft. 

Thanks for all of the stats ...

AA has some promising potential. What's great is it's not like he does it while playing with Zetterberg or something like Larkin did last year and Mantha is this year. He creates his own offense regardless of the linemates. 

Edited by kickazz

Kings, blackhawks and penguins are our last 5 champs. All three have used analytics in some form or another to gain an edge on the rest of the league. The dark side seems undefeated to me 

Colorado and Detroit are the two most anti-analytics, stuck in the past teams in the league. Doing pretty well right now eh

I never thought I'd say this but... Is Blash really the problem? Would another coach get more out of this team? 

Was the 6-2 start really a fluke?

i have tix to go see them against Colorado in March, and again in April for the two last games, driving from Mtl... Is it worth it? I love this team but seeing them lose like tjis isn't very good for morale !

Nice to see it only took half a season of zero goals for Sheahan to get benched. Also, we suck - it's a bummer that the reality of no playoffs is setting in. 

Edited by kylee

Call me weird (most do), but it's kind of exciting to see what becomes of this terrible, terrible team. I grew up watching the Wings suck in the 80s, dominate in the mid 90s -2000s, and now suck again. There is going to have to be a philosophical and personnel sea change, and that really intrigues me. Can't wait to see the new incarnation, however many years that takes.

9 hours ago, kylee said:

Nice to see it only took half a season of zero goals for Sheahan to get benched. Also, we suck - it's a bummer that the reality of no playoffs is setting in. 

Well, last year the playoffs lasted a week, so it shouldn't affect your viewing habits that much.  

1 hour ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Well, last year the playoffs lasted a week, so it shouldn't affect your viewing habits that much.  

I'll be watching to the bitter end but just the realization we probably won't be in the running late season will be something different for sure. 

Edited by kylee

On 13/01/2017 at 0:49 PM, hardcoretom21 said:

I never thought I'd say this but... Is Blash really the problem? Would another coach get more out of this team? 

Was the 6-2 start really a fluke?

How utterly clueless do you have to be to be asking this at THIS point of the season? And morale has nothing to do with the on ice talent that is losing us games.