• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

puckloo39

Red Wings vs. Penguins @ the Joe - 7:00PM EST

Did anyone catch Mickeys little blurb about Nick Lidstrom. He said he wouldn't say what some people are saying. Followed  that with something to the effect of "lets just say he really enjoyed playing in the alum game". Was that a hint of a comeback. Ha Ha. I know that sounds absurd but maybe Chelios is talking him into it.

7 minutes ago, slavetothehotlight said:

Did anyone catch Mickeys little blurb about Nick Lidstrom. He said he wouldn't say what some people are saying. Followed  that with something to the effect of "lets just say he really enjoyed playing in the alum game". Was that a hint of a comeback. Ha Ha. I know that sounds absurd but maybe Chelios is talking him into it.

Why? Even an in prime Lidstrom wouldn't have this team in the playoffs. 

2 minutes ago, GoalieManPat said:

Why? Even an in prime Lidstrom wouldn't have this team in the playoffs. 

Like i said. I think it's an absurd premise and why would Nick want to come back to this team. The comment was probably about something else. Im sure the organization would have him back as a side-show for the new arena. 

Nick specifically was asked if he would like to take on a managament role with the red wings (becasue of his world cup of hockey involvement) in an interview around the outdoor game and he said he really enjoyed being part of things but isnt ready to take on a role back in the nhl because he is really enjoying the time with his boys coaching them in hockey. So no nick lidstrom is totally not coming out of retirement.

13 minutes ago, wings_fanatic said:

Nick specifically was asked if he would like to take on a managament role with the red wings (becasue of his world cup of hockey involvement) in an interview around the outdoor game and he said he really enjoyed being part of things but isnt ready to take on a role back in the nhl because he is really enjoying the time with his boys coaching them in hockey. So no nick lidstrom is totally not coming out of retirement.

I see. Yeah that makes more sense, Mickey would be talking about him taking a "coaching or management" role with the team. I didn't see the interview or the game so i heard Mickeys comment without any context. 

42 minutes ago, slavetothehotlight said:

I see. Yeah that makes more sense, Mickey would be talking about him taking a "coaching or management" role with the team. I didn't see the interview or the game so i heard Mickeys comment without any context. 

Dont get me wrong i would jump in joy if i ever read that. He would totally instantly make our team a lot better. I have no doubt once he got playing again (after putting in some games) he would play about 20 minutes and he would totally make our pp so much better with his shot and smarts. He would be like jagr except on defense. 

What a game! My first at the Joe, lower bowl, row 9, where the Wings shot twice. I couldn't believe we got scored on the first sog, and then felt a bit nervous about how Ericsson was floating around before putting the puck in our own net, again... smh. But to witness the miracle that happened afterwards was amazing. I couldn't believe the refs disallowed that Pens goal and everything from that point on was pure excitement. I started chanting AA! AA! just when he took the puck and deked between all of those pinkwins and scored. We did the wave, at least in my section, and tried to get on Fleury's nerves. and I think I saw the guy who threw an octopus and made a thread about it last season. I couldn't have asked for a better game to be my first, to get to sing Journey out loud with my fellow Detroiters, and better yet, against Pittsburgh.

Tomorrow I'm meeting AA, AntMan, Danny D, Green, Sproul and Ouellet at an autograph signing. So I have to cut short the celebration tonight in order to get up on time tomorrow and travel there.

Don't stop believing and LGRW!!!

IMG_20170114_181038.jpg

Edit: wanted to share this beautiful thought about the city of Detroit with y'all

"A star is born through immense pressure, and we have had our fare share. That beacon of light you see in the dark, is our fair city rising from the night sky"

-FEL3000Ft (graffiti artist)

Edited by NerveDamage

Was that Datsyuk scoring the end to end goal with finesse and speed? He's back? What Athanasiou you say.. Could have fooled me.

Kid is special, not many that can do that. Sure he had some puck luck along the way but a lot of speed and skill is needed for what he did.

Good win. Crosby lost it at the end, that was the best part for me. Now I'll go out skate some, it's late morning here, sun is up and Red Wings just embarassed Pittsburgh. Life's good.

45 minutes ago, kickazz said:

I thought AA's goal was better than even Datsyuks against Nashvile. 

I dunno. Both were very pretty. AA actually had the puck poked checked when he tried making the move and was fortunate it then hit the defenders skate which kept the puck in his path. Datsyuk beat everyone cleanly. I give the nod to Dats

44 minutes ago, GoalieManPat said:

I dunno. Both were very pretty. AA actually had the puck poked checked when he tried making the move and was fortunate it then hit the defenders skate which kept the puck in his path. Datsyuk beat everyone cleanly. I give the nod to Dats

AA's finish was a lot nicer tho