• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MabusIncarnate

1/18 GDT - Red Wings vs Bruins - 8:00 PM EST

What an amazing comeback, led by Captain Zetty. He was working his tail off, making hits, being strong on the puck, excellent backchecking. He motivated this team to victory, just awesome to see. 

Ericsson NEEDS to sit as soon as Smith or Kronner is ready. Ericsson tipped another goal passed Petr tonight. I bet he has scored like 10 goals this year on our own net. Then we tie the game 5-5, blashill naturally puts ericsson and glendening onto the ice, ericsson loses an easy battle, gives the puck away and krug almost scores right away again. Ericsson is just sooooo bad. 

IF this incompetent coaching staff could get the defense figured out, then things could be looking better for us in the 2nd half. Our offense looks like it is working a lot better now, and Mrazek has looked very good his last few starts tracking the puck and battling to make some big saves. So if the defense can stop with the giveaways and if the team can actually come out prepared to play in the 1st 10 minutes, then things could get better. Lots of ifs. 

5 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

11 pages...nice!

3 wins in a row. Only 4 back from 3rd. Need a streak of about 8-2 or better to solidify the playoff spot. This keeps up, Holland will not sell. Heck, this keeps up, don't change a thing, if this team earns a 26th year in, let them play it out. Changes in july.

If the Bruins fire Claude Julian then I say we fire Blashill and hire Julian. He is far better coach than Blashill.

4 hours ago, NotTooAbby said:

I've watched him in preseason games for the past few years and have always been a fan... Anyone else loving them some Jensen?

Also, bench E immediately.

He's definitely been getting better.. wasn't a big fan at first but growing pains are expected. He can skate the puck well and doesn't seem to be afraid to shoot. Looks like he's quickly growing into greens replacement (assuming he keeps improving). 

Just imagine what we could do if we had a competent defense and special teams!  As a number of people have been saying all season, we're a more talented team than our record suggests.  This was just more evidence. Really like Jensen's game last night.  Tatar looked good.  I actually like the Sheahan, Tatar, Larkin line and think Sheahan will bag one soon if they keep it.  When Helm gets back just add him to the 4th and let's keep rolling. 

Hey, hey Hockeytown!! Amazing game last night. Awful start with many giveaways that ended up in our net. Green seemed off at the start and that shortie was the result of poor passing trying to get into the offensive zone. Really can't blame Coreau on those goals, but luckily our boyz scored a ton of goals backing up Petr, and came back at the end of the game to take it to OT, to have Vanek and Nielsen finish it off in the shootouts. Jensen keeps looking amazing with that puck handling and speed. Still a lot of room for improvement but at least we're racking up points. Didn't I say Sheahan was going to get finally on the scoresheet? Only 1 point but was a +3 in the game. Visiting the Michigan Humane Society Pet adoption center yesterday, playing with the doges and making a donation did the trick. There are a bunch of cute puppers there that are looking for a home, and unless Sheahan starts putting up more points we have to make our part as well.

Celebrated a bit too much last night, my phone died and missed the last bus so had to walk almost 5 miles back to where I'm staying, still, it was no thang... :P

Awesome atmosphere at the Joe, I think I prefer the upperbowl where the hardcore fans at. They really get into the game, the perks of seating amongst season ticket holders, I guess...

Thanks for all the love and your funny posts about my trip, hoping Mabus' go fund me takes off and can stay for more games lol. I already made plans to stay till the leafs game. Go get the W against Buffalo, boyz.

ND signing off. But first and foremost LGRW!!!

So Nerve, you will be at the Toronto game? Just wondering because I make a bet on every single Wings - Leafs game with my buddies, but if you're going to be there I may up the ante for this one...

"Case of beer?"

"How about 10 cases of beer?"

"Why so confident?"

"Oh because NerveDamage will be at the game."

"Who?"

"Never you mind... :glare: Bet?"

6 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

So Nerve, you will be at the Toronto game? Just wondering because I make a bet on every single Wings - Leafs game with my buddies, but if you're going to be there I may up the ante for this one...

"Case of beer?"

"How about 10 cases of beer?"

"Why so confident?"

"Oh because NerveDamage will be at the game."

"Who?"

"Never you mind... :glare: Bet?"

lol dude, drink responsibly ;)