• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MabusIncarnate

1/20 GDT - Red Wings at Sabres - 7:00 PM EST

Welcome back Helm.. playing on the 4th line while Sheahan remains on the 3rd... I'd like to see a Tatar Helm Larkin 3rd line and see how solid our top 9 can produce. That wouldn't be the worst case scenario, especially with Tatar heating up a bit here lately.

Mrazek back in net, needs to show up big and allow less than 3 if he wants to even begin to make a case for starting again sometime this season. After a few bad starts, he played well in relief against Boston and has to keep up that form if he wants to secure more starts.

Let's try to make it 4 wins in a row, and LGW!

Just now, amato said:

Love the forward lines.. maybe switch larkin to center but he hasn't exactly looked great there so I'm torn. 

Let's keep up the hard play though! LGW 

Yeah I'd have Larkin and Sheahan swapped and Helm and Glendening Swapped. Other than that looks good.

LGRW!

Just now, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Yeah I'd have Larkin and Sheahan swapped and Helm and Glendening Swapped. Other than that looks good.

LGRW!

Was going to say helm and glen too but with it being helms first game back in a while, I like the idea of giving him a game or so at wing first. 

1 hour ago, MabusIncarnate said:

Welcome back Helm.. playing on the 4th line while Sheahan remains on the 3rd... I'd like to see a Tatar Helm Larkin 3rd line and see how solid our top 9 can produce. That wouldn't be the worst case scenario, especially with Tatar heating up a bit here lately.

Mrazek back in net, needs to show up big and allow less than 3 if he wants to even begin to make a case for starting again sometime this season. After a few bad starts, he played well in relief against Boston and has to keep up that form if he wants to secure more starts.

Let's try to make it 4 wins in a row, and LGW!

Maybe you should see last game?

He let in 2, not 3.  But who's counting?  Both goalies suffer from Crappy D-itis, and both need to be  (much) better if we are to have a prayer.  Jimmy is gone for the season, in my opinion.  I thought so when the injury happened and it won't surprise me at all.

1 minute ago, puckloo39 said:

He let in 2, not 3.  But who's counting?  Both goalies suffer from Crappy D-itis, and both need to be  (much) better if we are to have a prayer.  Jimmy is gone for the season, in my opinion.  I thought so when the injury happened and it won't surprise me at all.

And Coreau let in 3 and I would agree with you on the other points.

Edited by Hockeymom1960

Just now, Hockeymom1960 said:

They didn't score 3 goals on him?  Duh

No, but he didn't play a full game either, and I stated that he played well in relief against Boston.. the previous two games he allowed 4 in each game. If Coreau has already managed 2 shutouts this season in a third of the games played, expecting our starter to give up fewer than 3 in a full game isn't an unrealistic request.

1 minute ago, MabusIncarnate said:

No, but he didn't play a full game either, and I stated that he played well in relief against Boston.. the previous two games he allowed 4 in each game. If Coreau has already managed 2 shutouts this season in a third of the games played, expecting our starter to give up fewer than 3 in a full game isn't an unrealistic request.

He'll get better.

13 minutes ago, Hockeymom1960 said:

He'll get better.

/sarcasm on
yea, i've heard this before... when and at what exactly? :)
/sarcasm off
seriously, i am all for petr to get better soon, his trade value is very important to the Red Wings

I thought brazen actually looked decent against the bruins, let's hope he keeps that up. We should have the more talented goalie by a lot. I don't think Nilsson or Lerner is any good.