• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
e_prime

Drew Miller on Waivers

Rate this topic

Huge?!?!? He's 4th liner playing 4th line minutes.

Huge would be to send Errorson down with his FAT contract.

Huge would be to give AA big minutes. Huge would be to get rid of She.

Huge would be to trade (Nyquist, Tatar)  for some defensive help... for the true hockey players and not fashion models who plays without contact like DeKe. 

Huge would LG not playing on two top lines.

4th liners are physical grinders... you should not be playing Jurco type of player on the 4th line... 

People were saying that Babs is the reason why youth was not in the lineup... look at the Maple Leafs roster... they are playing 9-10 rookies and KH is still signing long-term contracts to dead weight... 

Again, we are not losing or winning beaceause of our 4th line... our D is the worst in NHL. Our special teams are top 5 worst in the NHL... we are having more serious issues that Miller playing on the 4th line... and I'm not even his fan

Edited by Dominator2005

As much I like Miller, but this is a good sign. It means they let Mantha and AA stay in the lineup. And it is huge because it may mark the end of the "tie goes to the veteran" - era.

Edited by derblaueClaus

34 minutes ago, Dominator2005 said:

Huge?!?!? He's 4th liner playing 4th line minutes.

Huge would be to send Errorson down with his FAT contract.

Huge would be to give AA big minutes. Huge would be to get rid of She.

Huge would be to trade (Nyquist, Tatar)  for some defensive help... for the true hockey players and not fashion models who plays without contact like DeKe. 

Huge would LG not playing on two top lines.

4th liners are physical grinders... you should not be playing Jurco type of player on the 4th line... 

People were saying that Babs is the reason why youth was not in the lineup... look at the Maple Leafs roster... they are playing 9-10 rookies and KH is still signing long-term contracts to dead weight... 

Again, we are not losing or winning beaceause of our 4th line... our D is the worst in NHL. Our special teams are top 5 worst in the NHL... we are having more serious issues that Miller playing on the 4th line... and I'm not even his fan

And Babcock has what choice lol you make zero sense

Surprised to see this, but pleasantly so.  Drew has been a good team player and a strong asset on the PK.  However, I am glad Kenny rightly is not displacing someone better suited from the top 12.  This could bode well for the future if Kenny is now thinking this way.

8 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

He never should have Been brought back to begin with , couldn't we have got a 7th rounder ? Surely a cup contender will claim him for depth 

makes me wonder if Kenny is just addicted to the waiver wire to see if his guys go unclaimed 

what?

Considering the Wings picked Drew off the waiver wire years ago, it was a pretty good pickup, IMHO.  No way Ken would have gotten anything for him in trade though.  Rival GM's seem to have played more hard ball with Kenny than other GM's I think, because they don't want to be the one that sets the Wings up for another huge playoff streak (or extend the current one).  

We can thank Drew for his service, but to throw Kenny under the bus for not getting return on him is, IMHO, quite misguided.  If he gets picked up, good for him, and best of luck against the other 28 teams he faces.  If not, he can help to develop the next generation of PK stalwarts in Grand Rapids.

9 minutes ago, TheXym said:

Considering the Wings picked Drew off the waiver wire years ago, it was a pretty good pickup, IMHO.  No way Ken would have gotten anything for him in trade though.  Rival GM's seem to have played more hard ball with Kenny than other GM's I think, because they don't want to be the one that sets the Wings up for another huge playoff streak (or extend the current one).  

We can thank Drew for his service, but to throw Kenny under the bus for not getting return on him is, IMHO, quite misguided.  If he gets picked up, good for him, and best of luck against the other 28 teams he faces.  If not, he can help to develop the next generation of PK stalwarts in Grand Rapids.

Agreed, also the waiver wire at least gives him a shot at keeping Miller in case we have injuries later. Trading him for a 7th means he is officially gone, though I dont think Kenny was getting any offers anyways.

We got 8 seasons out of the guy and we got him for free. A less appreciated Holland move. Miller works his tail off, hard not to like the guy, just too much talent coming through the pipes to keep him up with the big club. Im sure this is devastating for him, this has been his home and team for almost a decade. I hope he gets claimed and stays in the NHL. Lots of Canucks fans hoping Benning scoops him up to play with Ryan. Im not opposed to that in the slightest.