• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
e_prime

Drew Miller on Waivers

Rate this topic

49 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

People should show some respect.  Miller Time has given a lot and bled for this team.  All our sissy swedes would br out for months if they took a skate to the grill.

There he is, with a bit of sarcasm. We all know you're screaming "YESS FINALLY" inside. The really "Axed" Miller's NHL career didn't they Bill Berzeench?

Edited by kickazz

10 minutes ago, kickazz said:

There he is, with a bit of sarcasm. We all know you're screaming "YESS FINALLY" inside. The really "Axed" Miller's NHL career didn't they Bill Berzeench?

Hey bud, leave the guy alone. He just wants to pay his respects to the silver fox. Perhaps his hard heart has softened with time... Miller time. 

Much respect to Miller, but it's definitely good that he's gone now. Good for Jurco that he was kept despite playing the least of our roster players. Hope he get some time over Ott or maybe Sheahan (though he's been better) this season. 

To dig up an old debate - remember when LGW was arguing Miller vs. Eaves? The debate was that many thought they were the same player and we should only keep one. Eaves has 17 goals (would lead our team by 5) and 29 pts. this year. Eaves has been hampered by injuries, but has done well for himself.

5 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

Much respect to Miller, but it's definitely good that he's gone now. Good for Jurco that he was kept despite playing the least of our roster players. Hope he get some time over Ott or maybe Sheahan (though he's been better) this season. 

To dig up an old debate - remember when LGW was arguing Miller vs. Eaves? The debate was that many thought they were the same player and we should only keep one. Eaves has 17 goals (would lead our team by 5) and 29 pts. this year. Eaves has been hampered by injuries, but has done well for himself.

I liked Eaves more at the time. I saw them as the same player, but Eaves was RH so i gave him the edge. Thinking back, there were some points where Babs played Eaves on the top line next to Dats and Z. But that never really worked out and was very short lived. Dallas is having a down year but i guess Eaves on the top line has worked for them? Maybe thats why theyre bad. But anyway, Miller hasnt had the same oppurtunities or line mates that Eaves has had. Kinda hard to compare. I dont know how Miller would look next to Jamie Benn.

Yeah, definitely hard to compare situations, but Eaves always more offensive skill even if the points weren't always there. 

Eaves has played on high lines for the Stars for a 2+ years now.

I was definitely on the Eaves side of that argument, but I didn't bring him up to say "i told you so" to people - I never would have thought he'd do what he's doing now (it will be a career year for him). It's just interesting to get the view after things have played out. Eaves has been injured a whole lot even last year so it might still be debateable which one you want since he was available very little and he probably wouldn't have seen higher than the 3rd line here.

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

2 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

Yeah, definitely hard to compare situations, but Eaves always more offensive skill even if the points weren't always there. 

Eaves has played on high lines for the Stars for a 2+ years now.

I was definitely on the Eaves side of that argument, but I didn't bring him up to say "i told you so" to people - I never would have thought he'd do what he's doing now (it will be a career year for him). It's just interesting to get the view after things have played out. Eaves has been injured a whole lot even last year so it might still be debateable which one you want since he was available very little and he probably wouldn't have seen higher than the 3rd line here.

Yeah i forgot to say i think Eaves was the one traded because of the injury problems. Hurt 4th liners arent worth much to a team trying to make the playoffs. That being said he probably was the better player of the two. Miller also a michigan state guy from a michigan hockey family.

What ability is that? Hes always been a 4th line try hard with no skills. Still is.

It takes ability to pk as well as he did, and don't forget the one year he didn't play almost exclusively on the 4th line he scored 14 goals.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

Miller had a good career for himself to be honest. Things could have gone sour for him a long time ago but he got opportunity and it lasted a while. I think he'll be proud of what he's accomplished. 

Edited by kickazz

9 hours ago, kickazz said:

Miller had a good career for himself to be honest. Things could have gone sour for him a long time ago but he got opportunity and it lasted a while. I think he'll be proud of what he's accomplished. 

The guy definitely found his niche and ran with it

23 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Seems like a good guy, just not a very good hockey player. I hope he gets claimed.

I'm happy Holland still values Jurco. If only Blashill felt the same way...

Perhaps Blash told Holland to keep Jurco so he(blash) would have a whupping boy? Oh wait that's AA's job. I think the Miller on waiver wire is the sounding of USS RedWing FINALLY making the turn to youth vs old vets.  Granted too late for this year but raises hopes going into the new arena next. 

Miller, as expected, has cleared waivers. May remain with team though, since Vanek and Larkin are out next game (or longer). I'd personally rather send Miller down and give a kid from GR a shot...

I love that Jurco is (forced) in the lineup again though. Hopefully he can get some reasonable minutes, with capable linemates... Looks like the Tatar - Sheahan - Jurco line could be reunited.

10 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Miller, as expected, has cleared waivers. May remain with team though, since Vanek and Larkin are out next game (or longer). I'd personally rather send Miller down and give a kid from GR a shot...

I love that Jurco is (forced) in the lineup again though. Hopefully he can get some reasonable minutes, with capable linemates... Looks like the Tatar - Sheahan - Jurco line could be reunited.

So for all those complaining that we should have gotten a 7th rounder in return, no team wanted him for nothing which I hope proves that no mistake was made on managements end.

11 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Good. All three are playing for their jobs. Tatar for a contract or a trade. Maybe they can light a fire under each others keisters 

13 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Good. All three are playing for their jobs. Tatar for a contract or a trade. Maybe they can light a fire under each others keisters 

Tatar has been scoring goals....I'm unsure why everyone is bagging on him....how about Nyquist?

Edited by Hockeymom1960

49 minutes ago, Hockeymom1960 said:

Tatar has been scoring goals....I'm unsure why everyone is bagging on him....how about Nyquist?

Tatar - 47GP, 10G, 12A, 22PTS

Nyquist - 47GP, 7G, 17A, 24PTS

Assists are just as important as goals and Nyquist is (barely) out producing Tatar in a contract year. Tatar also played on the top line with Zetterberg and Mantha the majority of this season, up until recently when he was demoted and Nyquist was promoted... Either way, neither are performing nearly as well as they should be, but it has been a down year statistically speaking for (pretty much) everyone wearing the Winged Wheel...

2 hours ago, Hockeymom1960 said:

What is with you always trying to bring up Nyquist when Tatar is being talked about? Tatar sucks this year. There is literally no one on this world who might agree that Tatar is playing well. And since you brought up Nyquist (for some reason).

Tatar has only 1 goal in the last 5 games and Nyquist has 2 goals in the last 5 games. 

Nyquist has 24 points in 47 games and Tatar has 22 points in 47 games and had the luxury of playing on the first line with Mantha and Zetterberg while Nyquist has been playing on the 3rd line primarily. I'm sorry but you just walked into this one and I'm going to definitely stand against false narratives. 

Hell even Abdelkader did a better job when he played with Zetterberg than Tatar did. 

You've got to look at the stats, and linemates and you'll see why people are "bagging on him". 

Edited by kickazz