• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
e_prime

Drew Miller on Waivers

Rate this topic

8 minutes ago, BadgerBob said:

He passed through waivers, how likely is it he gets traded? No one wanted him for free.

Pretty unlikely.. but who knows, things change. I don't blame him for wanting back in the NHL is mostly what I was saying....

The second part of my post was mostly a joke. Would be happy for him if he did manage to get playing time on a contender though. 

5 hours ago, BadgerBob said:

He passed through waivers, how likely is it he gets traded? No one wanted him for free.

Pretty sure after the trade deadline rosters expand. I'm sure there are teams out there that passed on him because they didn't want to put someone through waivers themselves. Once that is no longer an issue, I'm sure a team out there would want him for depth.

Miller can kiss Holland's ass for keeping him on the team way longer than he should have. The guy made one heck of a career out of basically being a fourth line penalty killing specalist. I wish him the best of luck wherever but it's clear he doesn't provide anything to the Wings right now, which will make trading him very tough. Plus he isn't lighting the AHL on fire either so unless a team really needs depth I don't see him being claimed or traded for even if it's just the conditional draft pick.

2 hours ago, kliq said:

Pretty sure after the trade deadline rosters expand. I'm sure there are teams out there that passed on him because they didn't want to put someone through waivers themselves. Once that is no longer an issue, I'm sure a team out there would want him for depth.

Maybe, but he wouldn't make that much of a difference on any contending teams in the playoffs that they would give up even a 7th for him. If they're interested in him, they'll just wait until the seasons over and sign him as a UFA for cheap.

46 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Maybe, but he wouldn't make that much of a difference on any contending teams in the playoffs that they would give up even a 7th for him. If they're interested in him, they'll just wait until the seasons over and sign him as a UFA for cheap.

I dont think teams will really want him next year. His value is now as a depth player in the playoffs in case of injury. I could see him going for "future considerations".

54 minutes ago, kliq said:

I dont think teams will really want him next year. His value is now as a depth player in the playoffs in case of injury. I could see him going for "future considerations".

Passing through waivers unclaimed is a career kill for an older player. Sure he may get traded for nothing to a team that just wants him as injury insurance, but his career as a fulltime NHLer is pretty much over.

Did anyone else read the headline online and think it was Ryan Miller at first? I lol-ed when I realized it was Drew. Should have read "Aged Minor Leaguer Asks For Trade To Playoff Bound NHL Team. GMs Laugh Mightily"

Don't get me wrong, I LUH ME SUM Silver Fox. He's a great Miller. In fact he's my favorite Miller. Just fantastic. But the gravy train is over. Yall played sucky and now ppl gots to be fired. Miller = FIRED. Marchenko = FIRED. Vanek & Smith = ....

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

56 minutes ago, Krayzie_Bone said:

Miller did great for the Red Wings. Seems like Todd Bertuzzi is how he got here. It was his time to go for sure. I am kind of shocked Holland did it to be honest.

What do you mean by this? We claimed Miller from Tampa the year Todd came in. Todd motivated the claim?

I'll never forget that Anaheim cup win. Giguere looking ridiculous in gear obv not close to regulation but somehow getting away with it (as he did through his whole career). I wonder if the league would have cracked down on him if he would have achieved what he did. Pronger only getting one game for slamming Holmstrom's head into the glass in Game 3 of the Conf. Finals, and Hasek laying down for Selanne's overtime winner in Game 5, which was pretty much the nail in the coffin.

19 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Yah, I was pissed when giguere was getting his size 88 jersey with 2 cal king pillows stuffed under it peppered by Samuelsson 50' wristers from 45 degrees 20 times a game.  I've never seen a goalie swallow pucks up/not give up any rebounds better than that.  Something was definitely afowl.

How about in 2003 when Giggy gave up 1 goal against Minny in an entire series! That was crazy!

1 hour ago, ShanahanMan said:

As been mentioned, Miller needs come back down to Earth. The only reason his career has lasted even this long is because Holland kept signing him (ie, the Cleary effect). 

What did he say that is so "out there"? He said he hopes to be traded to a contender for a playoff run, its not like he is saying a team should sign him to a 3 year deal.

2 hours ago, kliq said:

How about in 2003 when Giggy gave up 1 goal against Minny in an entire series! That was crazy!

Didn't he only lose 5 games that entire run?

Beat Detroit 4-0 (6 ga, 0so)

Beat Dallas 4-2 (14ga, 1so)

Beat Minnesota 4-0 in Conference Finals (1ga, 3so)

Lost Stanley Cup Finals 4-3 to New Jersey (19ga, 1so)

Won Conn Smythe Trophy

Crazy Michelin Man.

6 hours ago, chaps80 said:

I'll never forget that Anaheim cup win. Giguere looking ridiculous in gear obv not close to regulation but somehow getting away with it (as he did through his whole career). I wonder if the league would have cracked down on him if he would have achieved what he did. Pronger only getting one game for slamming Holmstrom's head into the glass in Game 3 of the Conf. Finals, and Hasek laying down for Selanne's overtime winner in Game 5, which was pretty much the nail in the coffin.

Hard to believe that was 10 years ago.  Right before I joined this forum.  

Edited by GMRwings1983

4 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Yah, I was pissed when giguere was getting his size 88 jersey with 2 cal king pillows stuffed under it peppered by Samuelsson 50' wristers from 45 degrees 20 times a game.  I've never seen a goalie swallow pucks up/not give up any rebounds better than that.  Something was definitely afowl.

After Hiller stole the starting spot in Anaheim and Giguere was shipped to Toronto (For Toskala I think. Another victim of the Leafs franchise, where good goalie's careers go to die.) his career took a huge nosedive when he didn't have a great D in front of him. Not even his stuffed chest protector that sat inches above his actual shoulders, oversize pants, and illegal pads, glove, and blocker could help him.

If you google his name and "illegal equipment" tons of stuff comes up. Look like many teams made complaints about his gear throughout his career, but not much was done. It's funny that when the crackdown on equipment size happened a few years ago, he didn't stick around the league much longer. 

22 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

images (3).jpg

HAHAHA Holy f***! For a 6'0 185lb goalie, that gear doesn't look illegal at all...

He used to stop pucks just by rotating his upper body. 

Edited by chaps80