• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MabusIncarnate

1/24 GDT - Red Wings at Bruins - 7:00 PM EST

Had a game myself so I couldn't watch the third.. was hoping to come back to better news. At least we got a point..? I feel like I've thought that way too many times in recent seasons.. ah well, not terrible missing two of our better forwards. 

OT lines per Blash are crap. He´s trying to survive 5 minutes with Abdelkader, Sheahan, these players are no match against players like Marchand. 

Why do you put DD in, Jeff? Just tell me why. Jensen is last 10 games our WAY best puck moving D in our own zone  and you put Danny ´easy easy to beat´ instead. 

And once again, the same point as the last time with Sabres - Danny should spent whole post-season in gym, working out himself hard. 

As mad as I am about losing because we couldn't put shots on net, I'm even more mad about Marchand.  Am I the only one that saw him obviously slewfoot Kronwall?  It's bad enough to do that to anyone, but it seems to me that he picked out a guy he knew had bad knees.  He has a history of slewfoots and I wish he would just get his ass beat.

9 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

I hope Blashill gets the same treatment after this season.

DD gets pushed around so easily...What is he - 180 lbs?

It's kind of weird that he seemed so much stronger when he first came in the league. You would think a guy at his age with the use of all this state of the art equimpment would be stronger now than he was before. Maybe in college they had him on a " program" 

1 hour ago, puckbags said:

It's kind of weird that he seemed so much stronger when he first came in the league. You would think a guy at his age with the use of all this state of the art equimpment would be stronger now than he was before. Maybe in college they had him on a " program" 

There was a certain power in his long locks that he lost when he cut them off.

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

57 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

There was a certain power in his long locks that he lost when he cut them off.

I was happy when he cut his hair, because he stopped looking like a girl out there.  Maybe the opposite happened.  

1 hour ago, GMRwings1983 said:

I was happy when he cut his hair, because he stopped looking like a girl out there.  Maybe the opposite happened.  

I mean if you are on pace for 0 goals you better be doing some other things right and lately he has looked completely lost defensively multiple times.  Teletubby's are haunting him. 

2 hours ago, Dabura said:

Can we haz a new head coach now?

First things first. Do you remember when the entire forum was bitching about our power play coaching last year? The PP was dreadful and most forum op's rejoiced at the coaching change, including me.

How did that turn out? You still want Doug Houda coaching the PP? We are approaching legendary bad power play numbers.

That affects our entire game. Let's say you're a rough, big team, for instance Anaheim. And you know you won't be punished with a goal against if the opposing, soft team can't play the power play. What do you do? You punish them.

Keep assistant coach Pat Ferschweiler I say, he seems sound. But drop Houda. And yes, grab Blashill with the other arm when dragging Doug H to the front door.

15 minutes ago, Jacksoni said:

First things first. Do you remember when the entire forum was bitching about our power play coaching last year? The PP was dreadful and most forum op's rejoiced at the coaching change, including me.

How did that turn out? You still want Doug Houda coaching the PP? We are approaching legendary bad power play numbers.

That affects our entire game. Let's say you're a rough, big team, for instance Anaheim. And you know you won't be punished with a goal against if the opposing, soft team can't play the power play. What do you do? You punish them.

Keep assistant coach Pat Ferschweiler I say, he seems sound. But drop Houda. And yes, grab Blashill with the other arm when dragging Doug H to the front door.

Lol Jacksoni you messed up.

Doug Houda coaches the defense.

Pat Ferschweiler was last years PP coach that got replaced by John Torchetti, who is now responsible for the PP. 

We've struck out twice on PP coaching. Which makes me wonder if it's the players. 

Edited by kickazz

53 minutes ago, Jacksoni said:

I will say one thing about the PP last night. They at least looked they were trying a couple of different things and attempting to shoot a bit more.  Bad is bad though anyway you slice it. 

57 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Lol Jacksoni you messed up.

Doug Houda coaches the defense.

Pat Ferschweiler was last years PP coach that got replaced by John Torchetti, who is now responsible for the PP. 

We've struck out twice on PP coaching. Which makes me wonder if it's the players. 

Lol you're right, I fubared bad on that one. I looked at the names from last year and then this year and things got thrown around. Let me try to clean this up.

I still want Pat Ferschweiler around, just not on the power play. He has a good mindset. Assistant supporting coach. Keeps the soldiers ready kinda guy.

Torchetti has to go, the numbers are horrendous, it doesn't even matter if he's primarily the problem, it is his responsibility.

Lastly, if we miss the playoffs, I am for kicking Blashill. He has a good pedigree from the minors but he is no general like Babcock. Furthermore if we do miss the playoffs the fanbase would (and should) demand a new direction for this team. The natural start for that is a new coach and younger prospects moving up.

1 hour ago, amato said:

Didn't see it mentioned so, sorry if I missed it.... Marchand is having a hearing for the slewfoot on kronwall. Hope they suspend him. 

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2017/01/25/marchand-to-have-hearing-for-dangerous-trip-on-kronwall-video/

This is why the instigator rule needs to be abolished.