• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
puckbags

Jurco - Wants to move on ?

Rate this topic

Per Elliot Friedman in his weekly 30 thoughts feature it appears that Jurco has made it known he wants to move and the Wings are looking at options. Not that he would bring much in return but interesting that it sounds like he may have made the first move in getting out of Detroit. 

Scroll down. Jurco stuff is #11

Edited by puckbags

Sucks when anyone wants to be traded from the wings but understandable.. hope he goes to another team I like.

Dallas would be my guess because of the Nill connection. 

Watch him actually go to the stars and light it up on the Seguin-Benn line 

34 minutes ago, amato said:

Sucks when anyone wants to be traded from the wings but understandable.. hope he goes to another team I like.

Dallas would be my guess because of the Nill connection. 

Watch him actually go to the stars and light it up on the Seguin-Benn line 

Jurco doesn't have the talent to play on any top line in the NHL. He can't even get a regular spot on our fourth line.

2 minutes ago, Jaymister said:

Sure anyone could, but why put a guy with limited talent on your first line?

That's what I was wondering when they put eaves there.. maybe for the beard power? :P 

no really though, I don't think jurco would play on their top line right away; but a couple years down the line who knows.. 

25 minutes ago, amato said:

That's what I was wondering when they put eaves there.. maybe for the beard power? :P 

no really though, I don't think jurco would play on their top line right away; but a couple years down the line who knows.. 

Eaves can actually score, 17 goals in 47 games this season, which works out to around 25-30 goals in a full season. Jurco has 15 goals in 154 NHL games which works out to 7.5 goals during a full season. Of course Jurco is a lot younger but he wasn't even a big scorer in junior 68 points in 48 games was his best season. I think you are greatly overestimating his ability, chances are he never plays above the third line on any team.

42 minutes ago, Jaymister said:

Eaves can actually score, 17 goals in 47 games this season, which works out to around 25-30 goals in a full season. Jurco has 15 goals in 154 NHL games which works out to 7.5 goals during a full season. Of course Jurco is a lot younger but he wasn't even a big scorer in junior 68 points in 48 games was his best season. I think you are greatly overestimating his ability, chances are he never plays above the third line on any team.

Jurcos a mistake. Its apparent at this point that he was carried by Huberdeau and Beaulieu in juniors. Those sleek hands he advertised? Never showed up.

Guy will be in Europe before you know it.

Don't blame the guy and I'm not surprised. Every night he watches overpaid garbage playing top 6 minutes that aren't doing anything for this club, while he can't get more than 2-3 games in 3 months to try and prove anything. Then he sees his coach constantly bench the best players on the team while guys like Sheahan, Nyquist,  Tatar etc...never get the bench even though they are playing absolutely horrible. Yet they all still get tons of minutes because why? Because this may be THE shift that gets them off the schnide. I hope he gets traded and gets his 15ish goals playing for a coach who knows what's he's doing.

He won't get us much, but I understand and totally support him wanting out. It's funny that Tatar and he both want out..you think they talked about it together?

1 minute ago, LeftWinger said:

Don't blame the guy and I'm not surprised. Every night he watches overpaid garbage playing top 6 minutes that aren't doing anything for this club, while he can't get more than 2-3 games in 3 months to try and prove anything. Then he sees his coach constantly bench the best players on the team while guys like Sheahan, Nyquist,  Tatar etc...never get the bench even though they are playing absolutely horrible. Yet they all still get tons of minutes because why? Because this may be THE shift that gets them off the schnide. I hope he gets traded and gets his 15ish goals playing for a coach who knows what's he's doing.

He won't get us much, but I understand and totally support him wanting out. It's funny that Tatar and he both want out..you think they talked about it together?

I wouldn't say Tatar is playing garbage.  He's got a bad shoulder but he's still scoring.  But Nyquist?  

1 hour ago, Jaymister said:

Eaves has 116 goals in 592 games.. 42 of which in 158 games the last 3 seasons playing in Dallas. Not trying to rag on Eaves, I like the guy, but the point was mostly that the line of Benn-Seguin-anyone is going to be a good line. Maybe I went on too much of a tangent and I agree Jurco is likely a third line player.. was just trying to think of who would take him and an ex assistant GM who may have had a hand in drafting him seems like the most likely to me. 

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2017/01/24/tomas-jurco-detroit-red-wings/96995150/

I like that part with : "When I have played before, and then Blash told me I was playing good and, the next day, I was scratched. ". 

Now, I believe, these nights are the last ones for Jurco in winged jersey. 

Anyway, don´t forget he´s Slovak and great buddy of Tatar. To have bigger picture.