• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

1/25 GDT - Red Wings vs Toronto - 7:00 PM EST

5 minutes ago, Y19 said:

Goodbye point streak, hello scoreless streak.  :furious:

I feel sorry for the fans that paid to see that ... well, the Wings fans anyway.

I'm glad I decided not to go down to a game this season.

2 minutes ago, wingfan1991 said:

Please tell me that's the last time we play Leafs this year especially at the Joe?

and speaking of last time let's hope Mrazek was his last game and also Ericsson. 2 for bag of pucks deal to Arizona!

Sorry but Mrazek's not going anywhere.  Last time I looked we didn't score any goals.  

3 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Jimmy probably has 3 to 5 years left of hockey in him at the NHL level, but as far as I'm concerned - his legacy is getting injured at inopportune times of the season, and returning in less than stellar fashion.

Because that happened last year? When is it opportune for your starting goalie to get injured? Jimmy has done nothing but play fantastic this year his legacy is a hell of a lot better than Mrazek the 15 game wonder

2 minutes ago, puckloo39 said:

Sometimes the net-minder has to carry the team.  I don't see that happening, although Jimmy was on target to do just that.

This is where i'm at right now also. I get the logic that you are only as good as the team in front of you, and also if you aren't scoring goals you aren't winning games. That shouldn't take 100% of the pressure off of the netminder. Coreau faced double the shots last night with the same result. Of our 3 goalies, Mrazek has been our 3rd best, and I don't think there is much denying that. 

Some people forget about pace and momentum, and how flattening it can be when a goalie lets in a weak one or two and what it does for the player mentality on the ice. It's mentally challenging on top of everything else. 

Coreau has played half the games, shut out 2 very good teams, and had a excellent performance against a great Rangers team also. Mrazek has yet to steal a game for us, or show up that strong. He isn't playing like a goaltender trying to secure his starting job and keep it, he's playing like one that's given up hope on the season. Regardless of our current standing, you can't do that. Tonight was a prime example of where I feel like his attitude is. 

19 minutes ago, Dabura said:

All of the above.

It's everything. Our best player is 36 years old. Our Log jag of forwards is a Log jag of floaters. Our D, what D? Our Goalies are average goalies trying to carry a less than average team. Our GM sits on his hands and kicks tires. Our scouting/draft hasn't scouted/drafted a Dman worth a damn since Krownwall, which also falls on our GM. Our coaching.....But hey, we've got a great new arena coming....

Edited by xault

Listened to most of the game on the drive down....holy hell. 

Vanek played, yet Blashill played him, Nielsen and AA all on separate lines..Mantha still on 4th. Nyquist and Tatar still top 6.

The Only solution is to fire the coach and GM. New gm Trade ALL overpaid useless players. 

Its awesome watching the highest payroll in the league play heartless hockey most nights. Its time for Holland to sell what little value this team has for the future. His legacy will be better if he starts the rebuild already instead of continuing with this abomination of a rebuild on the fly.

What Kenny is failing to realise or is just ignoring concrete facts is that he is adamant that he's rebuilding on the fly and will not blow up the roster. Well yes Kenny you can do that when you have half a dozen or so solid and top end vets to bring them thru whilst still being able to challenge for the cup. This current roster has maybe 3 at max , and that is pushing it. We don't have a Lids or Chelli or Raffa on the back end and really up front only Z is showing up regularly and he's starting on the downward path of his career. Kenny is too stubborn to admit he needs to rethink his strategy and the backroom staff seem unable or unwilling to rock his little boat. Time for some front office changes as we are getting left behind at an alarming rate by the majority of the league. 

25 minutes ago, Andy Pred 48 said:

he's rebuilding on the fly and will not blow up the roster

He already blew up the roster, but in different way, because he´s constantly closing the doors he didn´t even reach to (this is refering mostly to these no-brainer terms for Abdelkader, Helm, DeKe, Ericsson, Nielsen..not saying that everything´s that bad).

Let´s guess : What season do you expect Wings to be in conference finals? 

My guess:

optimistic: no sooner than 22/23 - Lark/Man/AA/XO, Sproul, Svech will fit top roster structures and another 4-5 emerging players (Smith, Holmstrom, Saarijarvi etc.)  will make that roster till 20/21 with top9(FW)/top4(D) production. 

realistic: 24/25 - only 1-2 of list above will be real top6 players for contending team, maybe one another (Smith, Svech?), one or two guys we can develop from current/next year drafts. 

Flew in for the game. Atmosphere was depressing after the 3rd goal.

Time to blow this team up.

No passion. No effort. No hitting. No positional play. No backchecking. Ohhhhh wait, isn't that THAT'S THE COACHES JOB.

I used to think Dave Lewis was the worst hiring ever. Now is the time to pass that torch to Jeff Blashill. Nothing will change until he is fired AND followed out by Ken Holland. Holland has simply allowed the game to pass him by. No more building off small, weak forwards in the draft and hoping they will become physical tough players. The NHL teams are building around fast, physical MEN - not weak, passive guys who stand around after getting hit.

To only be a few points out of the playoffs and yet so far removed from ANY solid plan is depressing to watch. None of these players are worth more than the crest on that jersey. When the Maple Leafs - made up of a couple good rookies (who also seem to actually ENJOY the game when they're on the ice) and journeymen, and throwaway players - we have hit rock bottom.

OK maybe rock bottom is missing the playoffs. Well that is up next. I won't even watch Ken Holland's comments regarding this game. More of "we got a new building coming" bulls***.

Pavel knew something. This coach and the direction of this team is awful. Excuses are for losers. And we sure make alot of them.

Damn, Toronto looked really good. Babcock and the crew are on the right path. Unless something happens with our management they will dominate us for many years to come I suspect.

To me it seemed that Toronto simply "handled" us. Great strategy and players to execute it. Surgical.

2 minutes ago, Jacksoni said:

Damn, Toronto looked really good. Babcock and the crew are on the right path. Unless something happens with our management they will dominate us for many years to come I suspect.

To me it seemed that Toronto simply "handled" us. Great strategy and players to execute it. Surgical.

During the game they posted a graphic that showed they have 8 rookies on the team responsible for something like 170 of their team's points this year.

2 hours ago, Jacksoni said:

They also loaded up on a 1st overall and have 8 top 12 picks in the last decade. Eventually they were gonna be good with or without Babcock.

It feels like neither Mrazek, nor Big E are going anywhere, they are going to be are major tools of getting very high draft picks for upcoming years. And don't underestimate Holland's role in that endeavor.

21 minutes ago, ami said:

It feels like neither Mrazek, nor Big E are going anywhere, they are going to be are major tools of getting very high draft picks for upcoming years. And don't underestimate Holland's role in that endeavor.

Mrazek I can see yield us something if he get his peacock feathers up by playing good and increasing his latent value but it will not be much. The goaltender market is saturated right now. Might get us a 3rd or 4th round pick. Not worth it in my opinion. Something tells me he can still bloom and be a (very) el cheapo version of Carey Price.

In regards to Errorson, If, and only if we would have traded him in November he might have yielded us something if packaged with someone like Nyquist, Tatar or the elusive Thomas Jurco. I would surmise that he has zero trade value right now. Actually it's probably lower than zero, as in hindering or lowering the value of a deal if packaged in.

I still have hope that this game was an eye opener for ownership. A young fun to watch team loaded with up and coming stars led by Matthews versus the highest paid team in the league just going through the motions. If I were an owner I would not be happy with that and tell my son or whoever is in full charge of hockey to sell and build towards a new core.

Stopped counting the Leafs rookies after 5 man their future is really looking bright if they can add someone for their top pairing with Rieley they'll be dangerous for years to come.

Edited by frankgrimes