• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ChristopherReevesLegs

Marchand Fined $10,000 For Kronwall Slew Foot

Rate this topic

Going to have to start doing this so guys like Marchand get a suspension. Because apparently it's not the intention or the hit itself, but rather the end result of the hit. 

Edited by kickazz

30 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Not to draw anyone into the 'enforcer debate'...But this is why myself, and others like a certain amount of 'policing' done by the players.

You are right - piss poor job by the NHL (read 'director of player safety' Stephane Quintal).

I could be wrong, but I don't think most people are completely anti-fighting, it's the anti-enforcer that most are against. If a guy can't keep up with pace of the game, has limited "hockey skill", and all he's good for, is punching faces, that doesn't interest me at all. I would love to have another McCarty type with the skill to compliment any line, but can and will stand up for teammates at the drop of the hat... I'm really excited for Givani Smith because I believe he could potentially become that guy for us. Whether he pans out, time will tell, but I'm hopeful...

There's definitely a time and a place for fighting, and in my opinion, this is one of those instances. I would love to have seen someone beat the face off Marchand in that game, or next game, after that slewfoot. Guy definitely has it coming, and will eventually get what's coming to him. Me personally, I just can't stand the staged fights where two goons square up because that's all the know how to do...

5 hours ago, kickazz said:

Going to have to start doing this so guys like Marchand get a suspension. Because apparently it's not the intention or the hit itself, but rather the end result of the hit. 

OMG too funny and that leads us to this. Hockey ever gets to this point we will see a lot of ghosts from hockey past rising up and haunting arenas to prevent it from happening. 

5 hours ago, kickazz said:

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

LightningBros last week: Detroit Red Wings are all softies!

LightningBros now: Bradley Marchand is a bad boy who must be punished. 

Problem is because Jacobs is like King on the Board, Marchand might get a one game suspension and that's about it. The league has no balls. They need to send a message. Suspend him for the rest of the season I say. 

4 hours ago, wings4thecup06 said:

Problem is because Jacobs is like King on the Board

I suspect it's more that Marchand is arguably one of the best players in the league. Which isn't to say he's not a scumbag (or, for that matter, that Jacobs isn't, well, Jacobs). It's just...we all know what the league is about. $$$. Marketability. Profit. Selling the sport. If you're a big name, you're more or less protected from any truly severe punishment. You'd have to really, really cross the line, and unequivocally so.