Rank the top five worst players on this team

Rate this topic

1. Ericsson

2. Sheahan

3. Mrazek

4. Jurco

5. Dekeyser

This year these are my fab five. 

Honorable mentions: Abdelkader(game changing idiotic penalties), Kronwall(no more hitting equals no more good defenseman), Mike Green(thank God he can score because his defense makes me constipated),  Ott is truly not good at anything hockey related, Tatar and Nyquist are the biggest pansies ever to wear the jersey... 

Edited by GoWings!

19 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Ott and Miller are 4th liners.  They aren't out there to produce offensively.  I'd rank underachievers like Nyquist and Tatar below those players this year.  

"5 worst players". In what world are Nyquist and Tatar worse hockey players than Miller and Ott?

I listed the 5 worst, though I admit, I did take contract into account for Ericsson.

There really are 3 ways to answer this question.

1) Who are the worst 3 players on this team talent wise

2) Who are the worst 3 players in relation to their role

3) Who are the three worst players in relation to their cap hit

I am going to answer this question based on a combination of option 2/3 because option 1 is obvious as I dont think anyone would not pick Ott, Miller etc. if we are talking option 1.

1) Mrazek - I think the guy has a super high ceiling, but he has be dreadful this year. His cap hit is no longer low (4mil) and he ranks amongt the worst in the league at his position. As of today he ranks 45/47 in Save % and 42/47 in terms of GAA. Howard in comparison ranks 2/47 in both

2) E - I think this is the guy that the majority of us want off the team. High caphit and poorly playing in a top 4 role. Should be on a third pairing being paid between 1-2million per year (ie. Quincey on NJ money)

3) Sheahan - The guy has been a top 6/top 9 player for the most of the year and does not have a goal to show for it, and its not like the assists are there either.

4) DD - The guys is playing in the 1A role right now and has struggled on D and offensively has 7 points (on par with E). I think he definitely has a bright future, but if we are looking at the guy for how he has performed this season in a bubble for his role/caphit, he's been bad.

5) Kronwall - Paid like a top 4 guy but his body is breaking down. I actually dont have any ill will as the guy has given us everything he has had this past decade, I hope he either goes on LTIR, or gets back to 100%. Though the latter would shock me.

Edited by kliq

Finally a thread we can unload on. It's a troll thread no doubt but it's all good, I think we need it. I had to think pretty hard on this as there's just so many "players" on "this team". I thought a good 15 minutes and this is the list I came up with of "players" on "this team" that fit the category.

1. Bill Berzeench

2. The Axe

3. Crymson

4. Mindflye

5. Number9

Honorable Mention : Shocky2002

13 hours ago, ami said:

1. Uwe Krupp
2. Derian Hatcher
3. Brett Lebda
4. Jonathan Ericsson
5. ....

Can't think of the fifth, nobody come even remotely close to those magnificent four.

Perhaps Jason Williams as the 5th entry into the 

Red Wings Hall of Suck

Edited by AtlantaHotWings

1. Anyone that's on IR.  Eff those guys. They're the worst players! They can't even play!

2. Any player that's averaging less than 20 minutes of ice time per game.  There's 3 twenty-minute period in the game, no? You're telling me these guys can't stick it out for 1/3 of a game. Horrendous.

3. Any goal not named Jared Coreau. He's the only guy with more wins than losses. Those other keepers? Losers.

4. Jonathan Ericsson. Despite all the good vibes I send that guy... How much I wish and want him to do better for this team... or at least to put forth a good showing for enough games that some team decides they want to take his horrible stinking contract and his dumb, always out of position, puck-giving up, soft as butter behind off our hands. No appreciation for all my hard work.

5. Drew Miller. Don't be Danny Cleary 2.0  Take a PTO with whatever team your bro is playing for next year and if things don't work out call it a career.  Either that or do some twin magic with Patty Eaves. Oh wait. You guys actually look nothing alike.  Nevermind... just pack it in, brah. You were my boy, Drew. Now you're just a swirling old grey hair clog in a drain that is our forward roster jam... and take that other broken down old man, Steve Ott with you.

Edited by e_prime

13 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

"5 worst players". In what world are Nyquist and Tatar worse hockey players than Miller and Ott?

I listed the 5 worst, though I admit, I did take contract into account for Ericsson.

Based on that, Darren McCarty and Kirk Maltby are not as good as Nyquist and Tatar.  There's different roles for different players.  Tatar and Nyquist suck at their roles.  This isn't a stickhandling contest we're talking about here.  

4 hours ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Based on that, Darren McCarty and Kirk Maltby are not as good as Nyquist and Tatar.  There's different roles for different players.  Tatar and Nyquist suck at their roles.  This isn't a stickhandling contest we're talking about here.  

Ummm yeah, they're not and never were... No it's not a stick handling contest, it's a contest based on hockey skill, and on skill alone Nyquist and Tatar >>>>> McCarty and Maltby. And this coming from one of the biggest grind line fans.

You could base it on a lot of other things like kliq mentioned, but purely on who's the better (or in this case worse) hockey player, it's a pretty easy answer...

11 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Ummm yeah, they're not and never were... No it's not a stick handling contest, it's a contest based on hockey skill, and on skill alone Nyquist and Tatar >>>>> McCarty and Maltby. And this coming from one of the biggest grind line fans.

You could base it on a lot of other things like kliq mentioned, but purely on who's the better (or in this case worse) hockey player, it's a pretty easy answer...

In terms of the overall package, what he meant to the team and work ethic I'd easily put DMac above both Tatar and Nyquist. They for sure are the more skilled guys but hard work beats talent if the talent doesn't work hard.

Anyway I'd rather rank the 5 guys who I think can be part of the future.

1. Larkin - yes he has a down year but he is still the  best option for a top 6 center role going forward.

2. Mantha - big sniper who is becoming better and better but he needs to learn how to use his massive frame and throw around his weight.

3. Danny D - same as Larkin down year but the Wings best option for a future number 1 pairing

4. AA - speedy guy but needs to be more better on the defensive end of the game

5. Coreau - cheap goalie who could help the Wings get another top pick next year no brainer here.

23 hours ago, Hockeymom1960 said:

Is this thread really necessary?  In fact it's a pretty sad and pathetic thread.

It's used for people to call out other people for not being true fans or prejudice...that being said

Ericsson 

Kronwall

Nyquist

Sheahan

...then about 3-4 tied for 5th.

14 hours ago, kickazz said:

Finally a thread we can unload on. It's a troll thread no doubt but it's all good, I think we need it. I had to think pretty hard on this as there's just so many "players" on "this team". I thought a good 15 minutes and this is the list I came up with of "players" on "this team" that fit the category.

1. Bill Berzeench

2. The Axe

3. Crymson

4. Mindflye

5. Number9

Honorable Mention : Shocky2002

No eva unit zero aka Hudler is GOAT.

I am disappoint.

55 minutes ago, DatsyukianDekes said:

No eva unit zero aka Hudler is GOAT.

I am disappoint.

Totally forgot. I'll update my list: