• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
shocky2002

Pavel Datsyuk..

Rate this topic

Considering how bad this team looks without The Magic Man this year, Has his standing on your all time (players you've actually seen) Red Wings list improved? I used to have him about 6th or 7th, now I've got no choice but to rank him 4th. Behind Nick Lidstrom (GOAT) and Sergei. I actually have him tied with Stevie Y, who might be better at his peak, but during the Red Wings golden run he wasn't any better than Datsyuk circa 2007-11.

There's no argument at all for Zetterberg or Shanahan above him IMO. 

Edited by shocky2002

33 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

Why do you keep talking to yourself?

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

I'm sorry, but I read this all I heard in my head was Pee Wee Herman saying "I KNOW YOU ARE BUT WHAT AM I....HAHAHAHA"

13 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

I know, but it's a pot vs. kettle thing there

Not really, we all have a bit of "trolling" in us. Christopherreeves actually happens to bring non-troll posts most of the time. The other fellow trolls 100% of the time if you haven't noticed. 

Edited by kickazz

12 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Not really, we all have a bit of "trolling" in us. Christopherreeves actually happens to bring non-troll posts most of the time. The latter fellow trolls 100% of the time. 

Ya, I find CRL likes to call people out and will say what he needs to say to make a point which is usually right. shocky is just saying whatever over the top comment he/she can to get a reaction. 

Not doing so hot in the KHL comparatively, he must have aged badly between the beginning of last season into this season. 

http://en.khl.ru/players/4698/

31 points in 41 games. The KHL leader in points has 84 points in 58 games. Kovalchuk has 74 points in 57 games.

Nikita Gusev, 24 year old forward, has 68 points in 54 games and was the 7th round pick by Tampa Bay. Would be nice if we cuda snagged him. As a comparison, Panarin scored 62 points in 54 games in KHL before he went to the Blackhawks. 

Edited by kickazz

Fact is, we weren't so good last year either, IMO having another year of an unhappy or unmotivated Datsyuk wouldn't change our standing.

Top 5 for sure.

1. Howe 

2. Yzerman

3. Lidstrom

4. Fedorov 

5. Datsyuk

Did we have players play here that are ultimately better than Datsyuk? Yes. Re:Shanny, he's #6 in my book.

Edited by LeftWinger

Yeah, he's continued to have injury problems this year and he's not at the top of the KHL as some thought he would. He must have some of the mojo though:

His team, SKA, is in 1st and teammates including Kovy, Dadonov, Voynov, Shipachyov, Belov etc. dominate the stats charts so he looks like that could be a championship team.

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

31 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

Yeah, he's continued to have injury problems this year and he's not at the top of the KHL as some thought he would. He must have some of the mojo though:

His team, SKA, is in 1st and teammates including Kovy, Dadonov, Voynov, Shipachyov, Belov etc. dominate the stats charts so he looks like that could be a championship team.

How do you think he woulda fared in the NHL this year? 

I think his team wins the championship. I think Datsyuk cares more about getting a KHL trophy in front of family anyways. 

Makes you wonder if that's another reason why Datsyuk booked it. Maybe he saw his use in the NHL was dwindling down and didn't want to be like the 60 year old Bruce Wayne in a Batman costume. 

hqdefault.jpg

28 minutes ago, kickazz said:

How do you think he woulda fared in the NHL this year? 

I think his team wins the championship. I think Datsyuk cares more about getting a KHL trophy in front of family anyways. 

Makes you wonder if that's another reason why Datsyuk booked it. Maybe he saw his use in the NHL was dwindling down and didn't want to be like the 60 year old Bruce Wayne in a Batman costume. 

I think he probably would have been like last year but with a bit more gone from the tank. I'm sure it would be special for him to win in front of Russian fans. He always had the plan to play in the KHL at the end of his career - I'm sure he wanted to that before the tank was empty and I'm sure that was a consideration in his departure.

50 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

I think he probably would have been like last year but with a bit more gone from the tank. I'm sure it would be special for him to win in front of Russian fans. He always had the plan to play in the KHL at the end of his career - I'm sure he wanted to that before the tank was empty and I'm sure that was a consideration in his departure.

I don't know why you keep saying "he". You should be saying "I" or "myself"