No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
toby91_ca

Top 100

Rate this topic

- 691gp, 317g, 814pts, Calder, Art Ross x 2, Hart, Lindsay, Conn Smythe

- 709gp, 266g, 712pts, Calder, Art Ross x 1, Hart, Lindsay, Conn Smythe

- 687gp, 260g, 592pts, Conn Smythe, Selke

So, 2 out of 3 of these guys are in the top 100.  I wouldn't have  problem having all 3 in, however, only 2 are and I fail to see any argument at all as to why the first in this list is the one that isn't.

Last year, NBC Sports named Tayes the 2nd greatest captain in NHL history, only behind Beliveau.  

I knew this top 100 thing would be tilted toward players still alive, so they can appear on the stage together.  Why Joe Nieuwendyk appeared and Malkin didn't, we'll never know.  I also can't believe Bill Cook and Brimsek didn't make the list.  

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Evgeni Malkin:

14th ALL TIME in points per game, despite playing in the dead puck era

Two scoring titles, two Cups, Hart, Lindsey, Calder, Conn Smythe

Not on the list, because Jonathan Toews.

I'd be more upset about Nieuwendyk than Tayes.  Guy was lucky to even make the HHOF, let alone be on the top 100.  

Toews couldnt even score 60 pts last season. This year hes on pace for 55. While playing on one of the best teams in the league.

Hes already declining at 28!

I really hope he falls off completely just so we can end this nonsense. Just being a canadian captain of a current dynasty team shouldnt be what gets you on this list.

3 hours ago, kickazz said:

If Malkin was Canadian he would have most likely made it. Toews gets a bonus for being North American. 

I agree with this. Toews is, or rather was, a good center, perhaps a fringe top 100 player. Malkin should be a few notches above that, I have no idea about where, but compared to Toews at 100 I'd say Malkin should be 85'ish.

This is all about selling a product, thus all this bullcrap comes into play. Really makes me less inclined to watch. I live far far away from any NHL rink. But if one was close, I'd think more than twice before buying any tickets.

It's all about profit and not enough about the game. Turns me off.

That's also why that rat Marchand didn't get suspended. He's about to play in the all-star game. Can't have that, can we. Rat players, rat politicians behind the scenes.

Edited by Jacksoni

32 minutes ago, Jacksoni said:

That's also why that rat Marchand didn't get suspended. He's about to play in the all-star game. Can't have that, can we. Rat players, rat politicians behind the scenes.

That's a good point about Marchand, didn't realize that lol. 

Edited by kickazz

3 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Oh yes I forgot.  This stupid list was for NHL careers only.  

Ummm....top 100 NHL players, celebrating 100 years of NHL history.  Anyone's career outside the NHL is completely irrelevant, this isn't the HOF where consideration is given to activities outside the NHL.

It's not meant be 100 greatest hockey players of all time, it's top 100 NHL players.

4 minutes ago, toby91_ca said:

Ummm....top 100 NHL players, celebrating 100 years of NHL history.  Anyone's career outside the NHL is completely irrelevant, this isn't the HOF where consideration is given to activities outside the NHL.

It's not meant be 100 greatest hockey players of all time, it's top 100 NHL players.

Yet they still managed to snub Malkin for Joe Nieuwendyk.  

This list was clearly anti-Putin.