• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
toby91_ca

Celebrity Game

Rate this topic

Anybody catch any of it?  I watched some, surprises for me:

- Savard still has the moves...at 55

- Bieber is a decent player (I knew he played) and obviously not that great, but decent when compared to general population

- Talyor Kitsch (from Friday Night Lights) was really good, he looked to have the polish of some of the pros.  I looked it up, he played junior hockey, so makes some sense.

5 minutes ago, frankgrimes said:

So this bush league is doing everything to keep good guys out of the game but yet they have a celebrity game? The NHL is so out of touch unbelievable.

Other than the hardest shot it's so unless.

What do you mean by doing everything to keep the good guys out of the game?

I also like the accuracy shooting and fastest skater....although perhaps I'm biased by loving watching that when i was younger.

12 minutes ago, toby91_ca said:

What do you mean by doing everything to keep the good guys out of the game?

I also like the accuracy shooting and fastest skater....although perhaps I'm biased by loving watching that when i was younger.

Someone like John Scott last year.

For the most part I always liked the hardest shot competition because it's the only thing where the players are playing to their full NHL talent potential. The game itself is a huge joke, team drafts and that other nonsense just made the game an even bigger joke.

29 minutes ago, frankgrimes said:

For the most part I always liked the hardest shot competition because it's the only thing where the players are playing to their full NHL talent potential. The game itself is a huge joke, team drafts and that other nonsense just made the game an even bigger joke.

There is no team drafts, the only reason they did that was to change things up. Also the All Stars do try in other competitions, you think they would enjoy the embarrassment of failing to do a skill, such as Suter not being able to hit an empty net. Guess he wasn't trying.

15 minutes ago, DatsyukianDekes said:

There is no team drafts, the only reason they did that was to change things up. Also the All Stars do try in other competitions, you think they would enjoy the embarrassment of failing to do a skill, such as Suter not being able to hit an empty net. Guess he wasn't trying.

Deosn't matter it was still a joke. I'm sure Suter didn't like it but if it actually meant something like duringa game he would be pissed of no reason to get pissed of in a nonsense weekend. I'm sure they are trying in other competitions too but the hardest shot is the one where they can go all out and it's also the least embarrassing one because it's a very simple format.

3 minutes ago, frankgrimes said:

Deosn't matter it was still a joke. I'm sure Suter didn't like it but if it actually meant something like duringa game he would be pissed of no reason to get pissed of in a nonsense weekend. I'm sure they are trying in other competitions too but the hardest shot is the one where they can go all out and it's also the least embarrassing one because it's a very simple format.

It's embarrassing if you don't break 90mph though.

I don't understand how anyone can be upset with a celebrity game. If you dont like it, just dont watch it. If anything it brings more eyeballs to the product which is nothing but a good thing. Personally I couldn't care less, so I don't watch. 

4 hours ago, frankgrimes said:

John Scott was voted in because fans thought it would be funny to vote in a s***ty player, it had nothing to do with respect or admiration for Scott. The NHL trying to keep him out of the game had nothing to do with him and everything to do with them not liking the fact that fans exploited their system.

With that being said, the NHL should have went with it rather then come off looking like jackasses, but at least they embarrassed it come game day. Actually led to a pretty cool storyline throughout the game.

It always makes me laugh when I see how much grown adults hate Justin Bieber.  Like people genuinely loathe a 22 year old kid for basically no reason at all.  Sure he's douchey, but so is basically every celebrity.  Fair play to Bieber for getting out there and trying.  Kid's a hockey fan, clearly.  It's maybe the only thing that all of us have in common with someone like him and people DESPISE him for it.  I genuinely hope I don't end up being some miserable, 50 year old cynic, sitting around hating on kids one day.

It's also reassuring to see that Chris Pronger hasn't changed as a result of his injuries.  Despite all adversity he's still willing to run much smaller players into the boards from behind. Kudos Pronger, still a class act.

Edited by kipwinger

1 hour ago, Hockeymom1960 said:

I tried, I really tried to watch this but alas I couldn't get passed McGuire and the rest of slobbering.

If you watched on Sportsnet you could have had Ovi, Crosby and Subban commentary throughout the events. Subban by far is the best personality in Hockey.

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

It's also reassuring to see that Chris Pronger hasn't changed as a result of his injuries.  Despite all adversity he's still willing to run much smaller players into the boards from behind. Kudos Pronger, still a class act.

If you watch the video, it comes off so much worse in the pic. He barely did anything to him other then lightly hit him and hold him there for a couple seconds. You cant really see Justin's face but it appears they were both laughing about it.

Edited by kliq

2 hours ago, Hockeymom1960 said:

I tried, I really tried to watch this but alas I couldn't get passed McGuire and the rest of slobbering.

As a player I'd rather have almost a week of than being part of such a nonsense. Especially now that celebrities are allowed in, if it's for the fans allow some fans in instead of celebrities.

5 minutes ago, frankgrimes said:

As a player I'd rather have almost a week of than being part of such a nonsense. Especially now that celebrities are allowed in, if it's for the fans allow some fans in instead of celebrities.

Do you really think the involvement of celebrities is something the players dont like?