• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
toby91_ca

Celebrity Game

Rate this topic

6 minutes ago, kliq said:

Do you really think the involvement of celebrities is something the players dont like? 

It's called All Star Game of course it's not even a shadow of it's former self anymore but at least the players involved are all professional hockeyplayers there's no reason to include celebrities, this isn't the NBA and it hopefully never will be. As a player I would not like it but of course I wouldn't like the weekend at all and rather fake an injury to have a few days of.

2 hours ago, kipwinger said:

It always makes me laugh when I see how much grown adults hate Justin Bieber.  Like people genuinely loathe a 22 year old kid for basically no reason at all Sure he's douchey, but so is basically every celebrity.  Fair play to Bieber for getting out there and trying.  Kid's a hockey fan, clearly.  It's maybe the only thing that all of us have in common with someone like him and people DESPISE him for it.  I genuinely hope I don't end up being some miserable, 50 year old cynic, sitting around hating on kids one day.

It's also reassuring to see that Chris Pronger hasn't changed as a result of his injuries.  Despite all adversity he's still willing to run much smaller players into the boards from behind. Kudos Pronger, still a class act.

Well I don't hate Bieber , but from what I've seen people who hate him have good reason. I mean "the kid" (22 year old grown adult), spit on his fans from the balcony, spit on his neighbors face and threatened to kill him, punched a kid (actual kid who was a teenager), groped an underaged girls breasts. I think there's a a good 20 other things he's done that has caused people to get ticked off. Resisting arrest, DUI, public vandalism, illicit drug use, reckless driving charges, using the "N" word on video, talking about how he would be part of the "KKK" 

I mean he has been prosecuted for a lot of these issues. And he's done some jail time. He's a celebrity but also a borderline criminal (speaking within the bounds of law).

But I'd be lying if I said I don't enjoy his music.

Edited by kickazz

42 minutes ago, frankgrimes said:

It's called All Star Game of course it's not even a shadow of it's former self anymore but at least the players involved are all professional hockeyplayers there's no reason to include celebrities, this isn't the NBA and it hopefully never will be. As a player I would not like it but of course I wouldn't like the weekend at all and rather fake an injury to have a few days of.

Yes it is called the all star game, and the game itself is just that, a game played with all-stars.

The NHL has turned the all star game into a weekend of festivities for the fans, and I'm sure the players get a kick out of it as well. It would be one thing if the celebs were playing in the actual all star game, but if they have a separate game on a separate day, who cares. You dont like it, dont watch it. I dont care for it, and I dont watch it, but with that being said why would I care if someone else gets a kick out of it and wants to watch. To be upset about something extra that nobody is forcing you to watch makes zero sense to me.

Sounds to me Frank like you just don't like change. You want things to be exactly like they were in the 80's/90's.

1 minute ago, kliq said:

Yes it is called the all star game, and the game itself is just that, a game played with all-stars.

The NHL has turned the all star game into a weekend of festivities for the fans, and I'm sure the players get a kick out of it as well. It would be one thing if the celebs were playing in the actual all star game, but if they have a separate game on a separate day, who cares. You dont like it, dont watch it. I dont care for it, and I dont watch it, but with that being said why would I care if someone else gets a kick out of it and wants to watch. To be upset about something extra that nobody is forcing you to watch makes zero sense to me.

Sounds to me Frank like you just don't like change. You want things to be exactly like they were in the 80's/90's.

Yup I'm an oldschool, conservative person who loathes, hates and fears change. I don't care if other people agree with it or not but hockey is losing the things that made it cool and niche very fast and I don't like that. It's not just the game itself it's the whole presentation too. Which is sad because this was by far the best game on earth.

But whatever the ASG weekend is over now and things will be back to normal come Wednesday or whenever they return.

I kind of think the celebrity game is kind of a good idea. The all star game is all about getting publicity for the league and just to have fun so this fits that for me. I can think of a few actors and musicians I think it would be funny to see play.

As for the Bieber hate, I kind of feel for him since he's been famous since 13 and under such scrutiny and public ridicule since that point. I couldn't imagine dealing with paparazzi and the world's crazy celebrity obsessed culture through all those development years and not making a few mistakes under the pressure.

1 hour ago, kickazz said:

Well I don't hate Bieber , but from what I've seen people who hate him have good reason. I mean "the kid" (22 year old grown adult), spit on his fans from the balcony, spit on his neighbors face and threatened to kill him, punched a kid (actual kid who was a teenager), groped an underaged girls breasts. I think there's a a good 20 other things he's done that has caused people to get ticked off. Resisting arrest, DUI, public vandalism, illicit drug use, reckless driving charges, using the "N" word on video, talking about how he would be part of the "KKK" 

I mean he has been prosecuted for a lot of these issues. And he's done some jail time. He's a celebrity but also a borderline criminal (speaking within the bounds of law).

And yet the world loves rockstars like Keith Richards, Ozzy and Jimmy Page, haha.

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

3 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

And yet the world loves rockstars like Keith Richards, Ozzy and Jimmy Page.

Probably because society is a lot more sensitive now than during those guys' primes. Which is why somebody is trying to make a certain country great again. HA!

That's probably why I don't actually hate Bieber, I grew up in a household with people who religiously were fans of the mentioned rockstars. I think a lot of us with that background (even if it's loose) are used to controversy. 

Edited by kickazz

54 minutes ago, Hockeymom1960 said:

Doesn't matter and I don't care if the players like them or not.  The NHL could have fans.

I don't see the logic in your post. Are you insinuating that the NHL is having to choose between doing a celebrity game and a fan game, and that you believe they are choosing the celebrity game instead of said fan game? If this is what you are saying, I don't think this is a one or the other type of debate. If anything, your argument should be "they should add a game where fans can play with alumni". The problem with this, is nobody will want to watch.

1 hour ago, Hockeymom1960 said:

Doesn't matter and I don't care if the players like them or not.  The NHL could have fans.

What would that do? Nobody wants to watch some non-famous people on ice lol. I'd rather watch Celebrities I know of.

Would you rather watch me or Trump?

kliq or Will Smith?

frankgrimes or Leonardo DiCaprio?

TheXym or Robert Di Niro ?

Kipwinger or Brad Pitt? 

Number9 or Hugh Jackman? 

BottleofSmoke or Betty White? 

Edited by kickazz

6 hours ago, frankgrimes said:

Yup I'm an oldschool, conservative person who loathes, hates and fears change. I don't care if other people agree with it or not but hockey is losing the things that made it cool and niche very fast and I don't like that. It's not just the game itself it's the whole presentation too. Which is sad because this was by far the best game on earth.

But whatever the ASG weekend is over now and things will be back to normal come Wednesday or whenever they return.

As far as the hating change part goes, I completely understand where you are coming from. But I have found in life, if you dont embrace change you are are just setting yourself up to being bitter and upset more often that not.

As far as the hating change part goes, I completely understand where you are coming from. But I have found in life, if you dont embrace change you are are just setting yourself up to being bitter and upset more often that not.

Yeah that's true but if change isn't positive for someone and more often than not negative..It's only natural to hate, loathe and fear it even if it leads to bitterness.

I mean I've seen one of my favorite sitcoms going from super funny (nerdy) to being a relationship orientated one, I've seen my favorite local stores being bought up by faceless supermarket chains plus much more...now I'm seeing my favorite game turning into something I don't like and while doing so the team I'm cheering for is just unwatchable. And that's not even the worst examples change has brought into my life

1 hour ago, frankgrimes said:

Yeah that's true but if change isn't positive for someone and more often than not negative..It's only natural to hate, loathe and fear it even if it leads to bitterness.

I mean I've seen one of my favorite sitcoms going from super funny (nerdy) to being a relationship orientated one, I've seen my favorite local stores being bought up by faceless supermarket chains plus much more...now I'm seeing my favorite game turning into something I don't like and while doing so the team I'm cheering for is just unwatchable. And that's not even the worst examples change has brought into my life

Change is scary. I don't like anything to ever be different ever because then it is different than what I am used to, and I don't like that.

4 hours ago, frankgrimes said:

I'm guessing your talking Big Bang Theory, if so I 100% agree with you on the show has gone downhill.

Like I said, change is what you make of it. It is what it is, all you can control is your reaction to it. Having hate, loathing it, and bitterness only effects one person negatively and that is you.