• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Andy Pred 48

Notable upcoming FA,s

Rate this topic

I'm assuming that for the first time in years that the wings will be sellers at this coming trade deadline. I was looking at the FA list and one name that stood out was Ekblad, is he a RFA or UFA this year? Depending on who we let go or trade there are some interesting names that could be available. I didn't see any really stand out guys except Aaron, so to get that top guy will be trading for. Going over seas I'd throw a contract offer to Jan Kovar in the K, solid 2 way centre with size. The other C the Wings were looking at a few years back, Fyodor Malykhin seems to be back on track in the K this year after a couple of years struggling with injuries wether we still have an interest I'm not sure.

Back home how about sounding out the Isle for Tavares ? The Isle need goaltending, maybe offer them a choice of Howard or Mrazek , Nyqvist or Tatar, Helm and a pick , I don't know what it need to get him thou but we need that top end C. 

Going with Tavares Neilsen Zetterberg and Noesek as our 4 centres next year I'd be more comfortable with, than what we have at present. 

On the backend Shattenkirk looks like an option via FA with Fowler as a trade option as our needed #1 D but are they that level? Well one thing is for sure we don't currently have one and none in the pipeline, plenty 2/3 guys but not that top guy. Depending on which D we let go or trade away will no doubt dictate who we look at brining in, but we need some snarl with size back there, and either Zadorov , Oleksiak or Trymakin would fit the bill. 

But saying all that we'll probably win  6 in a row and Kenny will think we can get in again and have a shot at it and sign some more old vets for a push at Stanley ! 

3 hours ago, Andy Pred 48 said:

I'm assuming that for the first time in years that the wings will be sellers at this coming trade deadline. I was looking at the FA list and one name that stood out was Ekblad, is he a RFA or UFA this year? Depending on who we let go or trade there are some interesting names that could be available. I didn't see any really stand out guys except Aaron, so to get that top guy will be trading for. Going over seas I'd throw a contract offer to Jan Kovar in the K, solid 2 way centre with size. The other C the Wings were looking at a few years back, Fyodor Malykhin seems to be back on track in the K this year after a couple of years struggling with injuries wether we still have an interest I'm not sure.

Back home how about sounding out the Isle for Tavares ? The Isle need goaltending, maybe offer them a choice of Howard or Mrazek , Nyqvist or Tatar, Helm and a pick , I don't know what it need to get him thou but we need that top end C. 

Going with Tavares Neilsen Zetterberg and Noesek as our 4 centres next year I'd be more comfortable with, than what we have at present. 

On the backend Shattenkirk looks like an option via FA with Fowler as a trade option as our needed #1 D but are they that level? Well one thing is for sure we don't currently have one and none in the pipeline, plenty 2/3 guys but not that top guy. Depending on which D we let go or trade away will no doubt dictate who we look at brining in, but we need some snarl with size back there, and either Zadorov , Oleksiak or Trymakin would fit the bill. 

But saying all that we'll probably win  6 in a row and Kenny will think we can get in again and have a shot at it and sign some more old vets for a push at Stanley ! 

there is no way we can get isles to part with Tavares unless we are talking a return of Larkin or Mantha in a deal

Tavares has stated he has no desire to leave NYI. Ekblad is signed with Florida for life. Shattenkirk is going to be dealt before FA. Fowler is going dealt or drafted by Vegas. Trymakin is one of the few bright spots in Vancouver, no way they let him go. Dont know much about Zadorov or Oleksiak other than theyre big. KHL guys can go suck a lemon. 

Most notable upcoming FA may possibly be Vanek 

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

8 minutes ago, wings_fanatic said:

Where has it been said that tavaras never wants to leave the islanders?

"Never wants to leave" is a stretch, but he just said this weekend that he and his family love being in Long Island.  Then again, everyone says that so we'll see.

6 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

"Never wants to leave" is a stretch, but he just said this weekend that he and his family love being in Long Island.  Then again, everyone says that so we'll see.

Definitely a little bit of a stretch but he did say he's open to talking extension this summer and added that he likes the direction that the organization is heading. It's not impossible for him to leave the NYI but it seems highly unlikely imo. 

23 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Why would any big free agent want to play for the Wings?  If they didn't 5 years ago, they sure as hell won't now.  

The first thing any free agent looks at is money.  The second is desire to play for that team.  This team can offer neither of those.  

Are we really on this false narrative still? I thought we are past this by now.

Nothing is out of the question but I think trading for Tavares would be too costly. Best wait another year and see if he hits ufa.

I just think this deadline our prices will too expensive because other gm's know Holland is in need of many pieces. Best to sell what you can, hoard picks and play all your kids (which are your best players anyhow) and maybe take a few swings on July 1st. Swings as what, dunno, outside of Shattenkirk, nothing is too interesting unless you re-sign Vanek.

1 hour ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Why would any big free agent want to play for the Wings?  If they didn't 5 years ago, they sure as hell won't now.  

The first thing any free agent looks at is money.  The second is desire to play for that team.  This team can offer neither of those.  

Money (Wings can't offer that because Kenny blew capspace like crazy on July 1), team (steady decline), and city. I'd guess at this point most players would rather sign with Edmonton than here that's why it's so important to get an elite prospect so the top players might see the Wings as valueable destination in the future again.

6 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Ill admit I was a little terse with my point.

When everyone in the league missed out on stamkos there was a lot of "maybe we can get Tavares in a year or two" by many fans whose clubs were hunting stammer. I'll admit I put more than a little thought into the idea. But not long after that Tavares came out and said a bunch of stuff about how he loves playing for NYI, how the organization has treated him great, that he has a of loyalty to them, and fully expects to start working on an extension. A quick search and you'll find a lot of articles from the past week re-stating those points.

It seemed to me like Tavares was fully loyal to NYI and expects to be their center piece for years. And he will probably be rewarded with a number retirement if he does that. Cup or not.

26 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

I'm actually surprised the Tavares to Toronto media run hasn't started yet.

It started about when the stamkos to Toronto thing started.. I think the media is distracted enough by their rebuild being ahead of schedule/recent relative success for the time being. If there is even the slightest hiccup in Tavares' contract negotiations this summer, don't be surprised when the Tavares to Toronto media hype picks right back up :P 

29 minutes ago, frankgrimes said:

The funny thing is this extension or holdout will take a backseat because this summer McDavid will sign an earth shattering contract, everything under 15 mill per would be a win for the Oilers.

Well considering it's impossible for any team to pay a player more than the average of 15 million/year,  I think they'll be fine.  

Not to mention he won't make that much regardless. 

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

Sheesh! What was the first lockout for? To get salaries down? Now they can pay someone $15M per season...

Outside of Frank I haven't heard anyone bring up 15mil per year, and Frank is notorious for overstating a players value. I cant see him being paid almost double Crosby in his first year of being an RFA. Not to mention, if he wants to win that is not the smartest move.

Well if people want a comparable, when Crosby's 3 year entry level deal expired, he signed a 5 year 43.5 million deal which was 8.7mil per year.

I could see McDavid being a bit more due to inflation/increase in the cap if he keeps everything up, but I don't see it being more then 11, and would guess it would likely be around 9.7mil.

2 minutes ago, kliq said:

Well if people want a comparable, when Crosby's 3 year entry level deal expired, he signed a 5 year 43.5 million deal which was 8.7mil per year.

I could see McDavid being a bit more due to inflation/increase in the cap if he keeps everything up, but I don't see it being more then 11, and would guess it would likely be around 9.7mil.

So basically you think McDavid is going to follow in Crosby's footsteps of matching his salary with his jersey number? 

I may agree. lol