• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kjw25

Justin Abdelkader

Rate this topic

Detroit shares space with NJ, VAN and ARI as the only teams in the NHL without a 15 goal scorer.  DET has 2 guys with 12, same with NJ, VAN at least has a guy with 14, another with 13 and two with 12, ARI being the worst with 2 guys with 11.  Most teams have multiple with more than 15 and most with at least 18, 19 and more than 20.

13 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Nyquist, Abdelkader, Helm, and Sheahan.  But we dont have the room for Parise.  Kenny did all he could.  They wouldn't have signed for 11 mil per in Detroit.  The 22 mil was better spent on Nyquist, Abdelkader, Kronwall, Ericsson, and Howard.  We would be doomed if we gave 2 great players in their prime above fair market.  Much better to give the money to 5 players past their prime or who will never have a prime.  Ughhhh.  I sigh everytime I remember Kenny not doing his job with those 2.  

Just tossing this out there, Parise this season - 39 GP 8G 14A 22P and a minus 2. I think LGW would be rioting if mister 11 million per was scoring at a half point per game here. Suter has hardly lived up to his contract either when you consider what guys like Burns are doing for their team on an 8 mil per year contract and Minnesota has done a whole lot of nothing in playoffs since gaining those two. 

47 minutes ago, MabusIncarnate said:

Just tossing this out there, Parise this season - 39 GP 8G 14A 22P and a minus 2. I think LGW would be rioting if mister 11 million per was scoring at a half point per game here. Suter has hardly lived up to his contract either when you consider what guys like Burns are doing for their team on an 8 mil per year contract and Minnesota has done a whole lot of nothing in playoffs since gaining those two. 

While I agree that LGW wouldn't be happy with that, Parise's made a turnaround recently and has 8 pts. in his last 10 games. He had a lingering lower-body injury and Strep throat twice this year - all things he missed time for. 

1 hour ago, MabusIncarnate said:

Part of the reason they are doing bad is because Minnesota's franchise sucks and they were both dumb enough to go there thinking they would bring a cup instead of coming here and actually having a legit shot of winning the cup with Datsyuk and Zetterberg still being elite league players. I kinda hope they go on without winning and look back at what could have been. 

Serves em right!

16 hours ago, kjw25 said:

To me, Abdelkader is even more disappointing then Sheahan. He gets paid way to much money for just 4 goals in 31 games. Kenny sure knew what he was doing signing to that long term deal, way to go Kenny!.  

He still has 4 goals. Sheahan has 0. You never want to go a season without scoring goals.  Unless you're like a defensive defenseman but even those guys score at least 1 goal. 

/thread

Edited by kickazz

Also, Parise was not coming here, at all. He was going home or staying in NJ. Suter wanted to be here (per McKenzie) but his wife did not. So whether or not there was room, it wasn't happening.

I like Abby, I live 40 miles north of his hometown, he is an "A" and will probably never be traded. But, right now I am open to shopping him, amongst others in order to turn this landslide in the right direction.

2 hours ago, kickazz said:

Part of the reason they are doing bad is because Minnesota's franchise sucks and they were both dumb enough to go there thinking they would bring a cup instead of coming here and actually having a legit shot of winning the cup with Datsyuk and Zetterberg still being elite league players. I kinda hope they go on without winning and look back at what could have been. 

Serves em right

The Wild are 2nd in the league this year, though. I'm not a believer yet, but it could be one of those "don't speak too soon" situations.

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Also, Parise was not coming here, at all. He was going home or staying in NJ. Suter wanted to be here (per McKenzie) but his wife did not. So whether or not there was room, it wasn't happening.

I like Abby, I live 40 miles north of his hometown, he is an "A" and will probably never be traded. But, right now I am open to shopping him, amongst others in order to turn this landslide in the right direction.

A lot of people seem to entirely neglect this fact also when this situation comes up and still insist on it being a lack of effort from Holland. Exactly as you stated, it was Minnesota or NJ for Parise. There was zero chance of him coming here when it was finished, he didn't want to be here, and Detroit was never an option. Holland could have offered absolute maximum and it still doesn't happen. I never understood why this never sunk in with a lot of Wings fans here. 

As for Abdelkader, sure he has 4 goals, but he takes a lot more stupid penalties at seemingly bad times and should never be in the top 6. I still take him over Sheahan though.

4 hours ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

The Wild are 2nd in the league this year, though. I'm not a believer yet, but it could be one of those "don't speak too soon" situations.

Indeed, but I was referring to Parise and Suter's disappointments since joining Minnesota and them not doing well the last few years. Ironically Minnesota is doing well without Parise having a good year. 

7 hours ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

While I agree that LGW wouldn't be happy with that, Parise's made a turnaround recently and has 8 pts. in his last 10 games. He had a lingering lower-body injury and Strep throat twice this year - all things he missed time for. 

Not sure where you're getting your stats from, but praise has 3 points in his last 10 games (all assists). He did have a little hot streak in early January though.. 

https://www.nhl.com/player/zach-parise-8470610?stats=gamelogs-r-nhl&season=20162017

click on game log. 

edit for link 

Edited by amato

1 hour ago, amato said:

Not sure where you're getting your stats from, but praise has 3 points in his last 10 games (all assists). He did have a little hot streak in early January though.. 

https://www.nhl.com/player/zach-parise-8470610?stats=gamelogs-r-nhl&season=20162017

click on game log. 

edit for link 

I was reading this article and didn't realize it was from Jan 10th.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/01/10/wilds-zach-parise-is-starting-to-feel-and-play-more-like-himself/

Guess he's back on a slump so I take back my previous post

44 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

I was reading this article and didn't realize it was from Jan 10th.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/01/10/wilds-zach-parise-is-starting-to-feel-and-play-more-like-himself/

Guess he's back on a slump so I take back my previous post

Ah gotcha. He does have a goal tonight though so maybe he's about to start another hot streak.. he's certainly capable of it any time he plays.

19 hours ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

Meh. They're a Minnesota team, they'll do what Minnesota teams are destined to do and ruin it.

15 hours ago, kickazz said:

Indeed, but I was referring to Parise and Suter's disappointments since joining Minnesota and them not doing well the last few years. Ironically Minnesota is doing well without Parise having a good year. 

Suter isn't playing 30 minutes a game anymore but Suter is having a quiet good year on the blue line. Parise been hurt quite a bit also. That whole team has finally come together though. 

Let's get one thing straight, this is Suter's tour. He's worked hard his whole life, paid his dues, and now it's Suter's turn.  And Suter's not about to let his reign at the top be spoiled by some freak, sideshow clown.

Sorry, the beginning of Vokoun's post led my mind this direction.

7 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

This is what you say when you lose the race.  

http://m.startribune.com/stars-aligning-for-parise-suter-to-choose-the-wild/161333295/

Parise might not have followed Suter to Detroit, but we definitely had a chance to land Suter.  And we didn't.

The demise of the Red Wings started that day.  

We didn't have a chance to land Suter, we all but landed him. He WANTED to come here, his wife did not want to come here. We didn't lose him due to lack of trying, we lost him to his wife and her family.

If Suter wore the pants in the family, he'd of been here...happy wife though.

24 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

This is what you say when you lose the race.  

http://m.startribune.com/stars-aligning-for-parise-suter-to-choose-the-wild/161333295/

Parise might not have followed Suter to Detroit, but we definitely had a chance to land Suter.  And we didn't.

The demise of the Red Wings started that day.  

I'm with Lefty on this one.

If you were following hockey during this time you would be a bit more educated about these events. Clearly you were not following hockey at the time.

Did you start following in 2013? That would explain it.

Cheers.

56 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

This is the story that the losing side gets.  This is called being let down easy.  "I wanted to, but ..."  "It was a tough decision, but..."

If you are Holland, you make that negotiation the easiest one you've ever had.  "What's it gonna take?"

If Suter was going to Minnesota all along, then why was he talking to Detroit?  That doesn't make sense.  I don't buy it.  Holland needed to offer Suter 7 years, 11 mil per.  He lowballed him, and Minnesota ended up getting him for a discount.  

Then Holland signs Howard and Ericsson up for 11 million a season.  Real genius.

Which team do you join in a pick-up game?

Athanasiou - __________ - Mantha

Suter-Jensen

Coreau

(16 mil cap hit)

Or

Abdelkader - ________ - Nyquist

Ericsson-DeKeyser

Howard

(24 mil cap hit)

?

Oooooooo, burn.  In the face!  Yes!  In the face!  Got me good there, CRL.  

Aye doubling down on the BS I see.

I didn't burn you. Your statements were incorrect. From that I've concluded you probably were not following the team at the time, otherwise you would have actual knowledge on the subject. Lefty and I disagree all the time, but we're both aware of and agree on this. So you kinda burned yourself bud.

Cheers.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

23 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

You got me, either way!  A burn is a burn.

It's just really weird, because there is a lot of information online about the Red Wings being in play as a possible destination for those 2.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.mlive.com/articles/15002346/detroit_red_wings_gameday_what_16.amp

Seems like we may have just been outbid from that article.  

Weird.

There's info on him being in play to a lot of teams. Do a bit of research before you post.

Cheers.

32 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Ow ow ow ow!!!

Double burn day for me?  I'm on fire!  Owch!

https://www.google.com/amp/detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/07/04/ryan-suter-zach-parise-sign-with-minnesota/amp/?client=ms-android-verizon

From what I've read, it appeared to be 2 teams at the end.  

Yeah and then Suter chose Minny cause Holland low-balled him right?