• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

2017 NHLTrade Deadline Discussion

Rate this topic

Simple, do the Wings Buy to try to make the playoffs or SELL to get draft picks and rebuild.  

101 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, amato said:

Fair enough. I thought you meant straight up :P 

but yeah, I'd be fine with giving up the first in a package for ether.. I'd really like to win the lottery too though :D 

We may end up top 5 anyhow, I am not sure the 1st overall would be that much better than #5.  No player this season is that great or a clear #1, I've seen mock's that have players all over the place in the top 5 or 6. IMO, Holland is dealing the 1st, at least not by the deadline, maybe come amateur draft day he does.

The only way I'd like to see the 1st traded on DL day is for a clear cut #1 D-man. With so many teams right on the cusp (we're only 7 out) of the making the playoffs, I don't see that happening. If ARZ is not going to deal OEL (which I agree, why would they really) there is no D on COL that is worth the 1st.

Hmmmmm....but what about Landeskog or McKinnon? Would you package the 1st for one of those two? COL is already known to be shopping players, would they like 2 picks in the top 5?

I wouldn't expect a lot of movement come trade deadline, even if one of the big three from the Avs is in play who has the cap space and is willing to pay the high asking price?

Personally I'm looking forward to seeing the Wings doing what they should've done since 2012 rebuild this thing from the ground up. Get what you can for Vanek and Green and then go from there, if someone offers a solid player for Goose, Tatar they are gone..if a contender wants depth the Wings have it for the right price. This could be a deadline were the Wings finally load up on prospects and picks I'm so looking forward to it.

9 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

We may end up top 5 anyhow, I am not sure the 1st overall would be that much better than #5.  No player this season is that great or a clear #1, I've seen mock's that have players all over the place in the top 5 or 6. IMO, Holland is dealing the 1st, at least not by the deadline, maybe come amateur draft day he does.

The only way I'd like to see the 1st traded on DL day is for a clear cut #1 D-man. With so many teams right on the cusp (we're only 7 out) of the making the playoffs, I don't see that happening. If ARZ is not going to deal OEL (which I agree, why would they really) there is no D on COL that is worth the 1st.

Hmmmmm....but what about Landeskog or McKinnon? Would you package the 1st for one of those two? COL is already known to be shopping players, would they like 2 picks in the top 5?

I'd love to have either Duchene or MacKinnon (I believe it was duchene, not landeskog that Colorado was rumored to be open to trading) because a top center is another big need for us but I think the price will be way too high for either of those guys for me to be comfortable with a trade. Honestly I don't know if we have the pieces they'd want.. 

Plus, a top five pick would likely be a center anyway (or liljegren, who I'd also like).

Just now, amato said:

I'd love to have either Duchene or MacKinnon (I believe it was duchene, not landeskog that Colorado was rumored to be open to trading) because a top center is another big need for us but I think the price will be way too high for either of those guys for me to be comfortable with a trade. Honestly I don't know if we have the pieces they'd want.. 

Plus, a top five pick would likely be a center anyway (or liljegren, who I'd also like).

Easy answer Sakic is looking for a top pairing guy around 25 years old, failing that it's a top 4 defenseman + 1 round pick + prospect. So basically Lark in + first round pick (top 5 this year) + a good AHL player ...that's not something the Wings can give up on the verge of a rebuild it's just too much pieces going back.

Edited by frankgrimes

My trade deadline strategy is pretty simple.

1. Trade Dekeyser (for no less than a 1st or part of a package).

2. Trade Nyquist (for no less thana 1st or part of a package).

2.  Trade Vanek if you get a 1st, otherwise don't and let him continue to mentor Mantha.

3. Trade Ott, Miller, Ericsson, if anybody wants them.  If not, waive the forwards.

4. Play remainder of the season with the expressed intent of giving kids developmental opportunities AT THE POSITIONS WE NEED THEM TO PLAY IN. 

5. Reassess in the offseason.

Z-Neilsen-Mantha

Tatar-AA-Vanek

Jurco/Frk-Larkin-Abby

Glen-Helm-Callahan

Jurco/Frk

Smith-Green

Ouellet-Jensen

Kronwall/Ericsson-Sproul

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Hmmmm when you google search "nhl trade deadline 2017 date" an unclickable box appears at the top saying Tuesday the 28th.

So it does. weird.

Google has failed you.... first time for everything? :P 

No. Player Player Info. Potential Suitors
1 kevin_shattenkirk.jpg
Kevin Shattenkirk, D stl.jpg
2016-17 Salary Cap Hit:  $4,250,000 Age:  28

All signs point to Blues trading Shattenkirk by the deadline. They want a current NHL player or top prospect and a high draft pick.

tor.jpg tb.jpg buf.jpg nyr.jpg bos.jpg nj.jpg mtl.jpg phi.jpg
2 martin_hanzal.jpg
Martin Hanzal, C/LW az.jpg
2016-17 Salary Cap Hit:  $3,100,000 Age:  29

If they haven't signed a contract extension by now, it's not going to happen unless Arizona steps up, which means Hanzal's moving by the deadline.

mtl.jpg min.jpg nas.jpg was.jpg edm.jpg la.jpg nyi.jpg ott.jpg pit.jpg
3 thomas_vanek.jpg
Thomas Vanek, LW/RW det.jpg
2016-17 Salary Cap Hit:  $2,600,000 Age:  33

Primarily due to the expansion draft, it's unlikely Vanek signs an extension in Detroit, making a trade prior to March 1 expected.

pit.jpgott.jpg la.jpg chi.jpg was.jpg ana.jpg sj.jpg nyr.jpg edm.jpg fla.jpg
4 matt_duchene.jpg
Matt Duchene, C/LW col.jpg
2016-17 Salary Cap Hit:  $6,000,000 Age:  26

Like with Landeskog, moving Duchene mid-season is not a must for the Avs. Barring a team's willingness to really step up, this is likely an off-season trade.

la.jpg det.jpg car.jpg nyi.jpg az.jpg mtl.jpg nas.jpg ott.jpg tb.jpg pit.jpg
5 gabriel_landeskog.jpg
Gabriel Landeskog, LW col.jpg
2016-17 Salary Cap Hit:  $5,571,429 Age:  24

The Avs don't have to trade Landeskog this season, they can wait until the summer, but that won't stop teams from trying to make a move now.

nyr.jpg la.jpg bos.jpg ott.jpg ana.jpg car.jpg nyi.jpg buf.jpg mtl.jpg phi.jpg
6 radim_vrbata.jpg
Radim Vrbata, RW az.jpg
2016-17 Salary Cap Hit:  $1,000,000 Age:  35

Vrbata's having a very good year, all things considered, and teams will pay a higher price for his tiny salary cap hit.

was.jpg ott.jpg pit.jpg nyr.jpg sj.jpg chi.jpg cbj.jpg
7 ben_bishop.jpg
Ben Bishop, G tb.jpg
2016-17 Salary Cap Hit:  $5,950,000 Age:  30

Bishop's future still does not appear to be in Tampa and if he's not dealt by March 1, his rights could be moved in June for a much smaller price.

stl.jpg dal.jpg wpg.jpg cgy.jpg buf.jpg phi.jpg
8 patrik_berglund.jpg
Patrik Berglund, C/LW stl.jpg
2016-17 Salary Cap Hit:  $3,700,000 Age:  28

The Blues could move Berglund if they can't sign him to an extension. He's a UFA-to-be, and the Blues are in an odd state where moving him makes sense.

mtl.jpg nyi.jpg nyr.jpg ott.jpg pit.jpg cbj.jpg bos.jpg
9 patrick_eaves.jpg
Patrick Eaves, LW/RW dal.jpg
2016-17 Salary Cap Hit:  $1,000,000 Age:  32

Eaves is among the UFA-to-be leaders in goals and points and the Stars will be asking for a high return for Eaves, who's having a career year.

edm.jpg la.jpg ott.jpg bos.jpg cbj.jpg min.jpg mtl.jpg nyr.jpg ana.jpg was.jpg nyi.jpg fla.jpg chi.jpg
10 marcandre_fleury.jpg
Marc-Andre Fleury, G pit.jpg
2016-17 Salary Cap Hit:  $5,750,000 Age:  32

Moving Fleury all comes down to the offer and whether the Pens feel they're better dealing him or keeping him for another Cup run and going from there.

dal.jpg wpg.jpg cgy.jpg buf.jpg
11 michael_stone.jpg
Michael Stone, D az.jpg
2016-17 Salary Cap Hit:  $4,000,000 Age:  26

The Coyotes are taking calls on just about everyone, including Stone, who could bring Arizona a solid return before the trade deadline.

mtl.jpg nyr.jpg bos.jpg pit.jpg edm.jpg cgy.jpg
12 shane_doan.jpg
Shane Doan, RW az.jpg
2016-17 Salary Cap Hit:  $3,876,134 Age:  40

By all accounts, Doan is willing to move for a few months to a Stanley Cup contender if the right opportunity presented itself.

was.jpg la.jpg pit.jpg sj.jpg ana.jpg
13 patrick_sharp.jpg
Patrick Sharp, LW dal.jpg
2016-17 Salary Cap Hit:  $5,900,000 Age:  35

Sharp's salary cap hit is a concern for some teams, the Stars would have to cover a chunk, but he's still a solid addition for a contender looking for extra scoring.

ana.jpg nyi.jpg la.jpg ott.jpg
14 jarome_iginla.jpg
Jarome Iginla, RW col.jpg
2016-17 Salary Cap Hit:  $5,333,333 Age:  39

Iginla will be dealt before the deadline to a top contender, but it all comes down to price and which team wants his veteran presence the most.

sj.jpg pit.jpg la.jpg edm.jpg
15 brendan_smith.jpg
Brendan Smith, D det.jpg
2016-17 Salary Cap Hit:  $2,750,000 Age:  27

Smith's an affordable asset for a team in need of help on the backend. His cap hit is attractive and once healthy, is likely on the move by March 1.

pit.jpg la.jpg edm.jpg mtl.jpg fla.jpg cgy.jpg
16 alexandre_burrows.jpg
Alexandre Burrows, LW/RW van.jpg
2016-17 Salary Cap Hit:  $4,500,000 Age:  35

Burrows has a say in where he ends up, but trade talks won't pick up until the Canucks have a better indication on their season.

mtl.jpg pit.jpg nyr.jpg
17 johnny_oduya.jpg
Johnny Oduya, D dal.jpg
2016-17 Salary Cap Hit:  $3,750,000 Age:  35

Add Oduya to the list of Stars' players who could move by March 1's deadline. His playoff experience is very valuable to Stanley Cup contenders.

pit.jpg la.jpg ott.jpg
18 brian_boyle.jpg
Brian Boyle, LW tb.jpg
2016-17 Salary Cap Hit:  $2,000,000 Age:  32

If the Bolts feel they can't re-sign Boyle, moving him to a contender appears to be a realistic move, and there will be plenty of teams lining up for his services.

cbj.jpg pit.jpg chi.jpg nyr.jpg sj.jpg mtl.jpg tor.jpg edm.jpg la.jpg nyi.jpg
19 jordan_eberle.jpg
Jordan Eberle, RW edm.jpg
2016-17 Salary Cap Hit:  $6,000,000 Age:  26

It's trade deadline season, so naturally Eberle's name is out there. We're not anticipating a trade by the deadline, but he's being talked about.

bos.jpg car.jpg
20 james_vanriemsdyk.jpg
James van Riemsdyk, LW tor.jpg
2016-17 Salary Cap Hit:  $4,250,000 Age:  27

The Leafs, as it's been well publicized, aren't moving JVR unless they deal him for a young, top-pair defenseman. So, there you go.

ana.jpg nyi.jpg min.jpg
21 pa_parenteau.jpg
P-A Parenteau, RW/LW nj.jpg
2016-17 Salary Cap Hit:  $1,250,000 Age:  33

Parenteau's had a solid season with New Jersey, and if the Devils enter sell-mode, he'll command a solid return from a contender in need of depth scoring.

cgy.jpg fla.jpg sj.jpg
22 valtteri_filppula.jpg
Valtteri Filppula, C/LW tb.jpg
2016-17 Salary Cap Hit:  $5,000,000 Age:  32

Tampa is trying to create cap space for next season to sign some of the pending RFAs and Filppula could be the odd man out. He's being shopped.

-
23 ron_hainsey.jpg
Ron Hainsey, D car.jpg
2016-17 Salary Cap Hit:  $2,833,333 Age:  35

Hainsey, who has a 15-team no-trade list, comes with an affordable cap hit. He's an attractive option for teams looking to strengthen their blueline.

pit.jpg bos.jpg mtl.jpg nyr.jpg la.jpgcgy.jpg
24 dmitry_kulikov.jpg
Dmitry Kulikov, D buf.jpg
2016-17 Salary Cap Hit:  $4,333,333 Age:  26

It sounds like the Sabres are leaning towards trading Kulikov by the deadline, but there's also a chance they try to sign him to a contract extension.

-
25 cody_franson.jpg
Cody Franson, D buf.jpg
2016-17 Salary Cap Hit:  $3,325,000 Age:  29

Franson is in the final year of his contract and teams in need of solid depth on the blueline will be knocking on Buffalo's door.

nyr.jpg pit.jpg

Here is the link to that table above.

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/trade_deadline/top25/index.html

Intriguing the wings are said to be interested in Duchene. Unfortunately, as always, we don't have close to what they are looking for. Either way, it seems like a change of scenery would do him good if he does land elsewhere. 

Wings are standing pat. Only moves kenny is considering is how he can bring eaves and flipper back. 

2 hours ago, Fedorovfan said:

Quite frankly this doesn't surprise me. Smith has underperformed expectations so he deserves a 6 year, 4 million dollar contract in Hollands mind. 

Edited by BringBack19

20 minutes ago, Fedorovfan said:

This team will not get back to what it was until Holland/Blashill leave.

Is it possible that Holland is trying to negotiate a new contract to make Smith more enticing to Las Vegas?  Leave him exposed on a decent contract and they might bite.  But, getting a pick or anything for him would be better than that option so there goes that theory...