• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

2017 NHLTrade Deadline Discussion

Rate this topic

Simple, do the Wings Buy to try to make the playoffs or SELL to get draft picks and rebuild.  

101 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

32 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

So I'm right, but because I'm vocal about my dislike of his performance, I'm fair game to be labeled a hater.
Gotcha

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

Ya.....pretty much what CRL said. Has nothing to do with you saying your opinion, its your ridiculously over the top comments which make it hard to take you seriously sometimes and lead to people calling you a "hater". (a term which for the record I never called you, I am just trying to explain to you why you are called it)

Like I said, big difference between saying "Blashill needs to go! He is not a good NHL coach" and "THIS MAN IS THE BIGGEST IMBECILE IN THE HISTORY OF HOCKEY!!! COULDN'T COACH A DAMN PEE WEE TEAM TO A WIN!!!! SUCH A PIECE OF GARBAGE!!!!!!!!"

Come on, you have to see my point.

1 hour ago, mackel said:

I don't post a lot here, but I've been on the board for years and years...  reading topics.  The term hater is an over used tripe.  I'm not saying by you, but by posters in general.  Typically people who saw the decline of this team coming over the last number of years were labeled as irrational, not "real" fans, haters, etc.

I think that's in part why so many people seem to have disappeared from this board, they were tired of being criticized for seeing a team in decline, instead of unicorns and lollypops.

Agreed with the term hater, I was just explaining to Dickie why people call him that because he thinks its because "he speaks truth" but its not, its because he is over the top.

I have used this saying before, but people should not be wearing "rose coloured glasses" but they also shouldnt be wearing "s*** coloured glasses" going to extreme's always makes you look bad. Just evaluate things like they are and try to put personal bias aside and use that mentality when evaluating this team. Without a doubt this team has been on decline, anyone can see that now, but years ago nobody knew for sure. Some will say they did, but they are probably the same people that said we were going on a decline around 2005. In 2005 they were wrong, in 2010 they were right. I guess what I'm getting at is that hockey is a cyclical game and we have been lucky enough to avoid the downturn for a very very long time. Now it's is our time, and hopefully Holland or whoever takes over for Holland if he steps down brings up back up quickly.

15 hours ago, Fedorovfan said:

Here is the only way I can justify Holland saying this. If people are offering him weak offers like a 5th or 6th rounder and he is trying to squeeze a 3rd or 4th rounder out of someone, perhaps he is just saying he is going to explore an extension as a way to roll up the bet. But sadly I think he is just so convoluted that he may actually be considering extending Smith. 

14 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

Am I wrong? Who is worse? Or is blunt honesty too tough for you?

A fact is "player A has x goals", what you are saying is opinion.

I'm sure Av's fans would make an argument for Jared Bednar. He has the superstars and his team simply sucks. We a team struggling have 23 more points then them.

Edited by kliq

23 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

Am I wrong? Who is worse? Or is blunt honesty too tough for you?

No one is disagreeing with u, not sure how many times that has to be explained. 

You talk like a ridiculous person, then wonder why ppl treat you like a ridiculous person. What's not connecting here?

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

1 hour ago, DickieDunn said:

Blashill is the worst coach in the nhl. This is fact.

Well, he was ranked 22 out of 30 at the beginning of the season by the Score. I'd say he's definitely bottom 3 to 5 now. He's handled AA, Mantha & Larkin horribly. He definitely is out of his element. 

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1064618-ranking-the-30-nhl-head-coaches

8 hours ago, kliq said:

I dont agree with you about Howard, I think people around here really undervalue him. 2 years, 10.6 million is not a huge commitment for a guy who can be an upper tier goaltender when healthy. It just wont happen until Bishop/Fleury are sorted out.

I think we should keep Howard and move Mrazek if we're going to rebuild, which we should have been doing already. Mrazek has more value right now. Bring Coreau back up and start grooming the goalie of the future (whether they're in the system yet, I have no idea). Jimmy's got 2 years left and I really doubt you get what you want for him, not to mention probably keeping some of his salary. Petr is so inconsistent. He's amazing one minute then lets in a soft goal the next. Realize he's only 25, but I don't think he's elite.

26 minutes ago, kliq said:

A fact is "player A has x goals", what you are saying is opinion.

I'm sure Av's fans would make an argument for Jared Bednar. He has the superstars and his team simply sucks. We a team struggling have 23 more points then them.

To be fair, the only true measurables for coach are win/losses, possibly GF/GA & Penalty Kill/Power Play. Point being, it's a little more subjective. Not to mention the team generally not playing well or improving in most areas.

W/L - 65-56-21 [1-4 Playoffs]

GF/GA - 361-402

PP - 18.8% (2015-16) 12.3% (2016-17) [30th]

PK - 81.55% (2015-16) 81% (2016-17) [19th]

16 minutes ago, scotzman said:

To be fair, the only true measurables for coach are win/losses, possibly GF/GA & Penalty Kill/Power Play. Point being, it's a little more subjective. Not to mention the team generally not playing well or improving in most areas.

W/L - 65-56-21 [1-4 Playoffs]

GF/GA - 361-402

PP - 18.8% (2015-16) 12.3% (2016-17) [30th]

PK - 81.55% (2015-16) 81% (2016-17) [19th]

Truly assessing a coach as a fan is pretty much impossible as there is so much we are just not privy to. As much as we all want to think we are experts, we are not. 

I think every player has a ceiling and a floor, the better coach the closer he will be to getting the majority of his players to their ceiling. This can be done a variety of ways, from motivating players, good game planning etc. This is why I dont think Blashill is a good coach, pretty much every player on this team is closer to their floor then their ceiling. With that being said, can I say Blashill is the worst coach in the league as a fact....no...... because that is pretty much impossible for a fan from the outside looking it to accurately assess. How can I say as a fact that Blashill is not as good of a coach as Bednar ?

44 minutes ago, scotzman said:

I think we should keep Howard and move Mrazek if we're going to rebuild, which we should have been doing already. Mrazek has more value right now. Bring Coreau back up and start grooming the goalie of the future (whether they're in the system yet, I have no idea). Jimmy's got 2 years left and I really doubt you get what you want for him, not to mention probably keeping some of his salary. Petr is so inconsistent. He's amazing one minute then lets in a soft goal the next. Realize he's only 25, but I don't think he's elite.

If you feel this last statement is true, this is likely the right move. If you are wrong, this would be a bad move. Only time will tell. I hope you are wrong, but at this point I would say it's 50/50. I'm personally not ready to give up on him at 25.

57 minutes ago, scotzman said:

Well, he was ranked 22 out of 30 at the beginning of the season by the Score. I'd say he's definitely bottom 3 to 5 now. He's handled AA, Mantha & Larkin horribly. He definitely is out of his element. 

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1064618-ranking-the-30-nhl-head-coaches

Larkin/AA sure I see it. How is he handling Mantha poorly in your opinion?

The Coyotes have a few other potential free agents to deal, but don’t be surprised if they also trade guys with term. “I don’t deal with ‘untouchables’. Practically speaking, there are players who are difficult to move because then you have to find someone to replace them for a role. I’d move anyone for the right deal."

via "the hockey news"

OEL to Detroit confirmed :P (wakes up) 

AA for nobody...not Jones, not OEL, not Trouba, not Subban, not Weber.  AA is your future #1C, he has the numbers, he has the speed, he has the brains, he even has the corsi (for you analytics guys.)

I will leave this here as well:

Andreas Athanasiou now tied in 5v5 goals with Ovechkin, Kane, Kucherov, Marner and Atkinson despite playing 200-300 fewer minutes than them.

— Dimitri Filipovic (@DimFilipovic) February 12, 2017

...nuff said.

22 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

AA for nobody...not Jones, not OEL, not Trouba, not Subban, not Weber.  AA is your future #1C, he has the numbers, he has the speed, he has the brains, he even has the corsi (for you analytics guys.)

...nuff said.

I f***ing love Athanasiou, but if you can trade a guy like that for a legit number one defenseman, you should definitely do it. AA has the "potential" to become a 1C, but he could top out as a 2C. All the guys you listed are 1D.  If we were offered Jones or Trouba straight up for Athanasiou, I'd do it without thinking twice... Both are the same age as Athanasiou and both are out producing him from the back end. 34 points (10 goals, 24 assists) in 52 games for Jones, 24 points (5 goals, 19 assists) in 47 games for Trouba, and 20 points (14 goals, 6 assists) in 45 games for Athanasiou.

Losing Athanasiou would definitely hurt, but the gain from either of those guys would definitely outweigh the loss of AA in my opinion. Especially if we have the opportunity to draft one of Patrick or Vilardi...

9 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

Blashill is the worst coach in the nhl. This is fact.

I don't know if he's the worst.  However, the problems we're having (inconsistency, not up for every game, blowing leads in the 3rd period) are all signs of poor coaching.  Larkin and DK seem to have regressed too, however that could be the individual players going through a rough spot and not necessarily coaching.  We also have to remember he's really young and very inexperienced compared to other coaches around the league.  

27 minutes ago, xtrememachine1 said:

I don't know if he's the worst.  However, the problems we're having (inconsistency, not up for every game, blowing leads in the 3rd period) are all signs of poor coaching.  Larkin and DK seem to have regressed too, however that could be the individual players going through a rough spot and not necessarily coaching.  We also have to remember he's really young and very inexperienced compared to other coaches around the league.  

the entire team except for Zetterberg, Green and Vanek have regressed. It's coaching.

Edited by kylee

56 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

...nuff said.

These are the kind of posts that cause people to accuse posters of over hyping prospects. Guys like OEL and Subban are elite. The chances off AA becoming an elite 1C are not that high, more then likely under 50%. He is projected to be a very good 2C.

Andreas Athanasiou now tied in 5v5 goals with Ovechkin, Kane, Kucherov, Marner and Atkinson despite playing 200-300 fewer minutes than them.

— Dimitri Filipovic (
@DimFilipovic
)
February 12, 2017

...nuff said.

Lol so you wouldn't trade a guy who might be a number 3 center or at best a second line center for some of the best defenseman in the game...

If Cheveldayoff offers Trouba I'd drive AA or whomever to the airport in short you take that deal and run before Cheveldayoff becomes sobber.