• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

2017 NHLTrade Deadline Discussion

Rate this topic

Simple, do the Wings Buy to try to make the playoffs or SELL to get draft picks and rebuild.  

101 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2017/02/red_wings_trade_options_as_dea.html#incart_river_index

Ansar on the return for Vanek...

if not a first-round selection then at least one second-rounder with perhaps a mid-round choice or a prospect.

Also mentions the Hawks as a potential destination *puke*

Ansar on Smith...

He will probably fetch a mid-round pick since Mike Stone, a somewhat comparable player, was dealt from Arizona to Calgary for a third-rounder and a conditional fifth. Smith is a good skater with some offensive upside, but hasn’t developed like the club expected after selecting him in the first round in 2007 (27th overall).

Also says we may get a late pick for Ott. Jurco probably headed for Europe. Green probably not being traded (yet). Tatar and Nyquist won't get moved till the offseason if it happens.

3 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

AA for nobody...not Jones, not OEL, not Trouba, not Subban, not Weber.  AA is your future #1C, he has the numbers, he has the speed, he has the brains, he even has the corsi (for you analytics guys.)

I will leave this here as well:

...nuff said.

I'm worried inept Holland will finally do a deal and AA or Mantha will be dealt. Blashill/Holland need to go ASAP. I agree I'd trade AA for no one at this point. We've had to suffer through all sorts of other idiots on this team in the name of loyalty hoping the same love is given to AA and Mantha

At this point I don't really have any confidence in any moves this organization might make until Holland is gone.  I've tried to rationalize his performance since '08 but it's pretty clear that he's just coasting and doesn't truly care about winning anymore.  The Wings still draft very well so it's not a complete disaster, but the decline in team performance has been evident for years now without any sort of clear plan to rebuild.  I just hope that Holland can at least unload Smith and Vanek before the end of the deadline.  

Dreger reporting that the Blues have committed to moving Shattenkirk at the deadline. Things are getting spicy!

Kasan reporting that Rutherford is trying to add another D-man on top of Hainsey (Pens have injuries). So perhaps they're still in on Smith. I'm sure if we retain salary like Carolina did we can move him there.

16 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Dreger reporting that the Blues have committed to moving Shattenkirk at the deadline. Things are getting spicy!

Kasan reporting that Rutherford is trying to add another D-man on top of Hainsey (Pens have injuries). So perhaps they're still in on Smith. I'm sure if we retain salary like Carolina did we can move him there.

I'm fine with that, retaining salary on a contract that is in it's final year doesn't hurt us at all.

3 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Some time ago Kipwinger made a comment about AA - saying this kid has untapped potential, and could be a star in this league.

At 1st I thought - yeah - sure, but now I'm beginning to think Kip might be onto something.

To be fair, a lot of us have been very high on Athanasiou for a long time. Even going back to his days in London / Barrie of the OHL. He's a special player for sure, but you still trade him if he can land us a number one defenseman, although I don't believe he alone would get it done. Filling an area of weakness from an area of strength is always a good idea.

50 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

McKenzie also reporting that Shattenkirk will be on the move. McKenzie is also saying that the Pens want to keep Fleury.

I saw a tsn report that said some teams are making deals with Vegas so that they'll promise not to take certain players. Apparently that's allowed. It adds a new aspect to the expansion draft and it means teams won't be forced to either trade certain players or lose them to the draft. 

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

12 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

I saw a tsn report that said some teams are making deals with Vegas so that they'll promise not to take certain players. Apparently that's allowed. It adds a new aspect to the expansion draft and it means teams won't be forced to either trade certain players or lose them to the draft. 

Yeah, it's been speculated for a while that many back-room deals would/will go down with Vegas. I'm sure all 30 teams will know exactly who they are losing well before the expansion draft.

5 hours ago, frankgrimes said:

...nuff said.

Lol so you wouldn't trade a guy who might be a number 3 center or at best a second line center for some of the best defenseman in the game...emoji79.png

If Cheveldayoff offers Trouba I'd drive AA or whomever to the airport in short you take that deal and run before Cheveldayoff becomes sobber.

I agree with everything you said except the "at best" part. While I do think AA will end up a 2C, I dont think being a 1C is impossible like you are implying. I would say his ceiling is 1C, floor is 3C, and most likely spot is 2C.

After acquiring defenseman Ron Hainsey from the Carolina Hurricanes on Thursday, Penguins general manager Jim Rutherford said he'd like to add another defenseman and will make a decision on that "in the next 24 hours."

So smith could still be in the mix.

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-trade-buzz-penguins-seek-more-help-for-defense/c-287061584?tid=278542340

9 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

According to McKenzie Holland is getting offers for Smith and turning them down.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

Where did you see this?

All I've seen from Bob about Smith is that Holland has taken lots of calls on him and that he wants to meet with Smith's representatives before he trades him. Nothing about turning offers down.

I've been all over McKenzie twitter, haven't seen anything about Holland turning down offers on Smith...but, we know teams try to rape Holland all the time so I wouldn't be surprised if they are offering 5th or 6th rounders. Which should be turned down. Anything less than a 3rd is a low ball offer...

1 hour ago, Wingnut1989 said:

After acquiring defenseman Ron Hainsey from the Carolina Hurricanes on Thursday, Penguins general manager Jim Rutherford said he'd like to add another defenseman and will make a decision on that "in the next 24 hours."

So smith could still be in the mix.

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-trade-buzz-penguins-seek-more-help-for-defense/c-287061584?tid=278542340

5 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Just some info on Bishop and his NMC

I posted both these things this morning in this same thread when I was supposed to be working. ACKNOWLEDGE ME.

2 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

Waiting is the same as no most likely. While he talks to Smith's agent those teams are calling someone else.

I assume based on your tone that you think Holland should except the first offer he receives? I can't say I agree with that. If he is getting bad offers, its in our best interest to wait.

4 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

On the flipside to the Pens wanting to keep Fleury, multiple reports that Yzerman will in fact move Bishop. Apparently Bishop has a list of 8 teams he will block a trade to.

Mine's cooler with an actual tweet, pretty colors, pictures and unicorns!

Na na a boo boo!

Just kidding! Didn't see it..... my bad...

3 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

Waiting is the same as no most likely. While he talks to Smith's agent those teams are calling someone else.

Is this your first trade deadline? 90% of trades go down on the last day

1 minute ago, LeftWinger said:

Mine's cooler with an actual tweet, pretty colors, pictures and unicorns!

Na na a boo boo!

Just kidding! Didn't see it..... my bad...

+10 style points for you sir

Had I been smart and gone the extra mile to dress my post up a bit I would surely be receiving the attention I crave. But I did not.

If I had a sword, this would be the moment I surrender it to you.