• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

2017 NHLTrade Deadline Discussion

Rate this topic

Simple, do the Wings Buy to try to make the playoffs or SELL to get draft picks and rebuild.  

101 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Trade Vanek for a 1st, Smith for a 3rd and turn those two picks plus a player (Nyquist) to St. Louis for Shattenkirk.

Keep our 1st, draft future star... How is it not done yet? :lol::P

So trading AA for Trouba, Subban, Weber, OEL is off the table for you. But trading a 1st, 3rd, and Nyquist for a UFA is a good idea? You have lost your right to rip on Ken Holland lol.

2 hours ago, amato said:

Yeah it would definitely take a little more cap management. 

I am a pretty big fan of more offensive defensemen though, so maybe i over value him a little bit.. but I think he'd be worth it. He's a very good player. 

Yes. I think he'll be gone then re-signed in free agency; hopefully to not too long of a contract.. 2, maybe 3 years at a decent cap hit. 

Khan seems to think that won't happen. Basically said flat out in one of his latest pieces that Vanek enjoyed his time here,but he's not coming back. Will sign a longer deal at much bigger price with a contender.

3 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Khan seems to think that won't happen. Basically said flat out in one of his latest pieces that Vanek enjoyed his time here,but he's not coming back. Will sign a longer deal at much bigger price with a contender.

I'm okay with this. I don't think he has been as amaze-balls as some here seem to think.

I'd like to either sign another guy on a cheap, one year contract, similar to Vanek and hope he exceeds expectations, and flip him at the deadline for pick(s) / prospect(s), or just go full on youth movement.

Regardless, Vanek MUST be traded at the deadline to the highest bidder.

7 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I wouldn't be surprised about him wanting to sign with a contender but at a bigger price seems a bit iffy considering where contenders usually stand with cap space. 

I could see him signing a decent deal with the islanders to play with Tavares 

30 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I'm okay with this. I don't think he has been as amaze-balls as some here seem to think.

I'd like to either sign another guy on a cheap, one year contract, similar to Vanek and hope he exceeds expectations, and flip him at the deadline for pick(s) / prospect(s), or just go full on youth movement.

Regardless, Vanek MUST be traded at the deadline to the highest bidder.

I think he's been our best player outside of Zetterberg, but yeah I'm ok with it.

29 minutes ago, amato said:

I wouldn't be surprised about him wanting to sign with a contender but at a bigger price seems a bit iffy considering where contenders usually stand with cap space. 

I think he gets at least 4 mil AAV and probably something like a 3 year contract? Contenders will have more money when UFA roles around.

35 minutes ago, amato said:

He already had a stint with the Islanders and he refused to sign with them. And that was when they were doing better. I don't know why he would sign with them now especially with Tavares set to be a UFA after next year. 

3 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

He already had a stint with the Islanders and he refused to sign with them. And that was when they were doing better. I don't know why he would sign with them now especially with Tavares set to be a UFA after next year. 

Didn't Vanek, Visnovsky, and Wisniewski all do that to the islanders in a short period of time? Garth Snow is such a moron.

6 minutes ago, PavelValerievichDatsyuk said:

Ah that's right. I forgot about that stint.. I don't really see Tavares leaving the isles. I'd like him to because I think he's wasted enough of his career, but I don't see it happening. 

10 minutes ago, amato said:

Ah that's right. I forgot about that stint.. I don't really see Tavares leaving the isles. I'd like him to because I think he's wasted enough of his career, but I don't see it happening. 

Yeah he seems pretty loyal to the Franchise, despite their complete ineptitude. 

Just realized the Rags don't have a 2nd round pick this year. How about a 2017 3rd rounder and Adam Clendening? (Just for the lols with Ken and Mick saying Glendening and Clendening)

We already have 8 picks this year though, in a weak draft, and were probably getting more. How does everyone feel about trading for 2018 picks instead? Do we have that level of patience at LGW?

24 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Just realized the Rags don't have a 2nd round pick this year. How about a 2017 3rd rounder and Adam Clendening? (Just for the lols with Ken and Mick saying Glendening and Clendening)

We already have 8 picks this year though, in a weak draft, and were probably getting more. How does everyone feel about trading for 2018 picks instead? Do we have that level of patience at LGW?

If we're tanking lets tank hard and go for broke next year too.  Keep Blash on for one more year.  Put Sheahan on the first line.  Touch the corn-baller.

Can't believe some people are surprised that Shattenkirk's camp nixed the deal this is his chance to cash in big and finally decide where he wants to play. Players of his caliber aren't going to give up this chance easily. I mean, there are chances he would have landed somewhere where he doesn't want to play and then have to play there for the next 7 years.

TSN and SN are for sure trying to hype this thing up but like last year not a lot is going to happen. Duchene, Landeskog is more material for the off season and Hopefully Holland is working the phones hard and sells Vanek, Green and other veterans before opponents decide to sell some biggere names.

6 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Why would we give all that up for a pending UFA? Shattenkirk will in all likelihood test free agency. Why not make the two trades you suggested, keep the picks and go after Shattenkirk this summer?

If we gave up any assets, let alone any of Larkin, Mantha or Athanasiou for a month of Shattenkirk this place would implode... That's the sort of trade a Cup contender makes, not a team in contention for the number one pick... 

Right, I was implying that we shouldn't make that trade if they're asking for anything like Larkin, etc.  If Kenny really wants him then I think that a trade might be the only way because I doubt he would come to Detroit as a free agent.  Trading for him and trying to reach a deal before July would be a safer bet.  But yeah, not a trade we would really need to make right now.

43 minutes ago, frankgrimes said:

Can't believe some people are surprised that Shattenkirk's camp nixed the deal this is his chance to cash in big and finally decide where he wants to play. Players of his caliber aren't going to give up this chance easily. I mean, there are chances he would have landed somewhere where he doesn't want to play and then have to play there for the next 7 years.

TSN and SN are for sure trying to hype this thing up but like last year not a lot is going to happen. Duchene, Landeskog is more material for the off season and Hopefully Holland is working the phones hard and sells Vanek, Green and other veterans before opponents decide to sell some biggere names.

Who exactly are you referring to? TSN and SN reported the story but didn't say anything about being surprised he rejected it or that he should have accepted it. 

6 minutes ago, amato said:

Eaves to the ducks 

https://mobile.twitter.com/starsinsideedge/status/835236613760364545

good job Jim Nill. Great deal for the stars.

Wow Nill really made the most of that Cole/Eaves trade

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs
We traded Eaves for Legwand. I am stupid.