• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

2017 NHLTrade Deadline Discussion

Rate this topic

Simple, do the Wings Buy to try to make the playoffs or SELL to get draft picks and rebuild.  

101 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If Jurco gets us a 3rd then Smith will bring at least a second and Vanek should be a good return.

Sad to see the Jurco story went so badly here - I still think he'll be a solid NHL player.

Edited by PavelValerievichDatsyuk

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

Not going to lie, really disappointed to lose Jurco. I think he will do really well in Chicago. Good Luck Jurco!

If any team could make a player out of him it would be the Hawks but I think we will see Jurco playing on the 4th line most of the time or in the press box just like he was in Detroit. Super happy we got a 3rd for him.  This is the Hawks style though. High risk, high reward type moves. 

6 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Not going to lie, really disappointed to lose Jurco. I think he will do really well in Chicago. Good Luck Jurco!

By really well do you. Mean he'll have a 15 point year next year? Or do you mean maybe he'll get a point this year?

1 minute ago, Euro_Twins said:

By really well do you. Mean he'll have a 15 point year next year? Or do you mean maybe he'll get a point this year?

If he gets regular ice time, I don't think 30 points next year is at all out of the question. Kid has the skill, just needs the opportunity. I think the Hawks are smart enough to give him that opportunity.

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Prices are high this year gentleman. Besides the weak draft we picked a good year to start selling.

I agree, a 3rd rounder for a guy with 0 points. Vanek might be worth 11 first rounders :lol:

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

If he gets regular ice time, I don't think 30 points next year is at all out of the question. Kid has the skill, just needs the opportunity. I think the Hawks are smart enough to give him that opportunity.

Are you for real? There is nothing ever in his progression whether you think he got jobbed in Detroit or not that would lead you to believe he has a 30 point season in him. 

If we got a 3rd for Jurco, we could most definitely get someone to take E's contract,  right?

5 minutes ago, puckbags said:

Are you for real? There is nothing ever in his progression whether you think he got jobbed in Detroit or not that would lead you to believe he has a 30 point season in him. 

Yes, but look what we were saying about eaves when he got traded from here...

3 minutes ago, puckbags said:

I could see them inserting him on to the 2nd line with Toews and Hossa. I expect he'll do better with those line mates. They can also cover his butt defensively.

Yes I am "for real". I see a ton of potential in him, so yes that would lead ME to believe 30 points is attainable.

4 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

If we got a 3rd for Jurco, we could most definitely get someone to take E's contract,  right?

Yes, but look what we were saying about eaves when he got traded from here...

That sir is a good point. Eaves turned into some mythical unicorn all of a sudden.  

5 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I dont think the Wings want to trade E. If they do, I think a team would be stupid to do it now with him being hurt.

Didn't want to be here apparently,

"Things haven't worked out here," general manager Ken Holland told the Free Press. "He and his agent let it be known he'd like to be elsewhere. He is restricted this summer and probably wouldn't have stayed, so we did the deal."

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2017/02/24/detroit-red-wings-tomas-jurco/98368816/

Jurco had 15pts in 36 games his first year (on pace for 34 pts). In his 2nd year he had 18 pts. in 63 games (on pace for 23-24 pts). On a good offensive team like the Hawks 30 isn't an unreasonable guess.