• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

2017 NHLTrade Deadline Discussion

Rate this topic

Simple, do the Wings Buy to try to make the playoffs or SELL to get draft picks and rebuild.  

101 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

think we can all agree vanek and smith need To go , if holland wants them so bad wait till July 1and save 2 players from expansion while getting assets Its a no brainer 

I wouldn't  say we NEED to trade them, but prices are high this deadline so getting a nice return for them would be great! If indeed there are contenders wanting Vanek, they are willing to outbid each other, get the highest bid.

2 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Looked at teams draft selections coming and just for fun to see how far off I'll be (montour and some others are obviously wishful thinking but one can hope)

Vanek to ducks for montour

Agree with your wishful thinking but I'd be STOKED if somehow this worked out.. even as more of a package deal. 

Per Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun: Despite being in the playoff race, it sounds like the Blues will be moving defenseman Kevin Shattenkirk. The Blues would like to get at least two pieces in a deal, a first round pick and a prospect. The Pittsburgh Penguins and Washington Capitals have spoken with the Blues about Shattenkirk. It’s believed Shattenkirk  will sign with the Rangers this offseason.

--

A first and a prospect is a hefty price for any team, but especially the Rangers. They don't have a lot of prospect depth and as  he's likely to sign with you in the off-season... why would you give the Blues both a first and a prospect?

It's been rumored for a long time now that Shattenkirk ultimately wants to be a Ranger. Not that that necessarily means much (rumors and speculation being what they are), but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him traded to the Rangers. It could be a good long-term fit for both sides.

Other than being a fan of the team (which Shattenkirk supposedly is) and living in NYC, I don't know why anyone in their right mind is going to the Rags. Their window is closing fast. 

Edited by e_prime

The guys who annoy me are the tire-kickers, the ones who make calls expressing soft interest. I try not to do that. You can get on the bad side of a lot of GMs and eventually they won’t want to take your calls. There are a couple of guys whose numbers I hate to see come up on my cellphone. 

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/big-read-behind-closed-doors-nhl-trade-deadline-day/

Wonder if ole Kenny is one of those guys mentioned here.

2 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

If they give up a first for a guy who has zero goals, regardless of how badly the majority of the players have done under Trashill, Shanny needs his head examined.

I just think sending a guy -- a 26 year old, big bodied center, no less --  who's having a bad year off to play for a team (a freaking division rival) with a coach, who supposedly loves him and his style of play, whom under he had his best year for anything LESS than a first round pick is screaming SCREAMING!! to bite Holland in the ass.  ...and for all of LGW to say, "told you so." 

...but that's just pragmatic me.

This Sheahan trade rumor is very similar to the Jurco trade in my opinion. I'm not, nor ever was as high on Sheahan as I am Jurco, but I don't think Sheahan is nearly as bad as people like to make him seem either. I know, not a single goal in 58 games, guy sucks right? Having a down year is a huge understatement, but when every player on the team is underperforming (some more than others), you don't just trade off every single player, you "should" look at coaching... Sheahan scored 13 and 14 goals the past two seasons, and 9 in 42 games his first half season. That's great production for a bottom 6 center.

I think we should be major sellers at the deadline and even this summer, however I don't think the young kids (25 and under) are the players we should be looking to offload. I think giving up on Jurco was stupid, and the same applies to Sheahan to an extent. However, if the rumors are true (I'm not so sure they are...), and a team is actually offering up a 1st (or even a 2nd), we'd be stupid not to take it...

28 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

This Sheahan trade rumor is very similar to the Jurco trade in my opinion. I'm not, nor ever was as high on Sheahan as I am Jurco, but I don't think Sheahan is nearly as bad as people like to make him seem either. I know, not a single goal in 58 games, guy sucks right? Having a down year is a huge understatement, but when every player on the team is underperforming (some more than others), you don't just trade off every single player, you "should" look at coaching... Sheahan scored 13 and 14 goals the past two seasons, and 9 in 42 games his first half season. That's great production for a bottom 6 center.

I think we should be major sellers at the deadline and even this summer, however I don't think the young kids (25 and under) are the players we should be looking to offload. I think giving up on Jurco was stupid, and the same applies to Sheahan to an extent. However, if the rumors are true (I'm not so sure they are...), and a team is actually offering up a 1st (or even a 2nd), we'd be stupid not to take it...

Agreed. You need the Sheahan type of players for a cup run.  A low Cap hit but highly rewarding at least at the defensive end. Sheahan is still young, with experience he will only get better at his shutdown center kind of role. I don't necessarily agree that trading Jurco was a mistake. But trading Sheahan, excepting any offers like 1st + prospect, would be.

11 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Sheahan has singlehandedly destroyed his AND Larkin's 2017 campaign.  It's sad.

Don't you mean Blashill singlehandedly destroyed Sheahan and Larkin's (along with a couple other Wings) 2017 campaign? 

4 hours ago, Euro_Twins said:

Crosby or no deal... Amiright guys?

Crosby? He's too old. I'll take McDavid. Please and thank you.