• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

2017 NHLTrade Deadline Discussion

Rate this topic

Simple, do the Wings Buy to try to make the playoffs or SELL to get draft picks and rebuild.  

101 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ill believe it when I see it on Smith. Still confident Ken will make the right decision here. My guess is initial offers for him were low (they should be) and now the Wings brass are trying pump his tires. IMO this strategy wont work, and he'll get dealt for a 4th or something at the end of the day Wednesday.

Filppula, Tyler Johnson, and Quincey all seem to have entered rumor talks.

Has anyone checked out the Burrows trade? They gave up prospect jonathan Dahlen for a 36 yo Burrows straight up. I think Ottawa got robbed. Eerily similar to the Forsberg/Erat trade in my mind. 

I can't believe that Holland has done essentially nothing at this point.   I really dont understand what he's waiting for.  He can't possibly think that hanging onto guys on expiring deals, or re-signing Smith is a good idea at this point.  Take anything you can get, it's better than guys that aren't going to be here for the future.  You're not making the playoffs, the roster isnt good enough.  The coach isn't good enough.  Make the damn team better already.  Sell off the wasted space!

6 minutes ago, brandon27 said:

I can't believe that Holland has done essentially nothing at this point.   I really dont understand what he's waiting for.  He can't possibly think that hanging onto guys on expiring deals, or re-signing Smith is a good idea at this point.  Take anything you can get, it's better than guys that aren't going to be here for the future.  You're not making the playoffs, the roster isnt good enough.  The coach isn't good enough.  Make the damn team better already.  Sell off the wasted space!

What's Cory Cross up to these days?  

22 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

What's Cory Cross up to these days?  

Only good trade deal I remember him making was Stuart from the Kings in 08. 

Still fuming over Jarnkrok a few years ago. 

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

Wonder what the price for Duclair is...

I called the Rags idiots for shipping him out when they did. They cited work ethic problems with him. Seemed like they were wrong about that last year, but now he's in the AHL with the yotes citing work ethic problems. So i dont know about that kid. Not sure I want him in our lockerroom. 

With Shattenkirk off the market now teams will start seriously looking at Smith. Vanek is probably the best forward available as well. 

What do you know, Pagnotta is reporting that Detroit is really heating up. Taking late night calls on Sheahan, Tatar, Nyquist, and Ott.

https://mobile.twitter.com/thefourthperiod/status/836423823050358785

Sounds like Kens pulling an all nighter boys and girls. Not just sitting on his thumbs. Surprising that Vanek and Smith arent mentioned.

Tomorrow might be our day. Pens lost the race on Shattenkirk. I see them and the Rags calling for Smith now. Hopefully Kenny can get 2 deals done tomorrow and a third done on dead line day. Vanek to chicago seems like a no brainer. 

1 hour ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Vanek and smith are starting to look like the best options for most teams now ....I swear to god if holland doesn't trade them now  and brings back smith 

1 hour ago, greenrebellion said:

Holland is probably satisfied after trading Jurco. He'll come out later this week and say he kicked some tires but wasn't willing to part with Smith or Vanek for less than they are worth 

25 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

This.  He's going to say kicking tires again like the idiot he is.

http://www.stresstostrength.com/anticipatory-stress/

14 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

What do you know, Pagnotta is reporting that Detroit is really heating up. Taking late night calls on Sheahan, Tatar, Nyquist, and Ott.

https://mobile.twitter.com/thefourthperiod/status/836423823050358785

Sounds like Kens pulling an all nighter boys and girls. Not just sitting on his thumbs. Surprising that Vanek and Smith arent mentioned.

Tomorrow might be our day. Pens lost the race on Shattenkirk. I see them and the Rags calling for Smith now. Hopefully Kenny can get 2 deals done tomorrow and a third done on dead line day. Vanek to chicago seems like a no brainer. 

Fingers crossed, now that the major players are off the table the ball is in Holland's court. Hopefully he is able to get a good return for our UFA's. If we can end up with two 1st's and a 2nd for Sheahan, Vanek, and Smith, I will be fricken elated! 

Had this thought. How willing are you guys willing to take back a bad contract in a trade? Like a Dustin Brown or Marian Gaborik?

To DET: Brown + 1st rounder

To LA: Vanek + Smith

Of course youre committing to 5+ years of rebuild with this style move. I dont think Ken has an appetite for it, just thinking out loud

6 minutes ago, kliq said:

http://www.stresstostrength.com/anticipatory-stress/

Fingers crossed, now that the major players are off the table the ball is in Holland's court. Hopefully he is able to get a good return for our UFA's. If we can end up with two 1st's and a 2nd for Sheahan, Vanek, and Smith, I will be fricken elated! 

Just remembered Colorado has done nothing so far and the rumors about Duchene and Landeskog have really died. I could see them making a big splash tomorrow and stealing our thunder.