• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

2017 NHLTrade Deadline Discussion

Rate this topic

Simple, do the Wings Buy to try to make the playoffs or SELL to get draft picks and rebuild.  

101 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Anyone know why Vancouver get a 2nd for Tortorella and we only get a 3rd for Babcock?

I think because torts would've still been under contract were he not fired..? whereas Babcock was done with his contract. 

I don't know, I never really agreed with the compensation rules (at least as far as coaches who finished their contracts or were let go)... and they only lasted a year. we just got lucky that they were in effect when Babcock left :P 

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-to-end-coach-and-executive-compensation-policy/c-791590

30 minutes ago, amato said:

I think because torts would've still been under contract were he not fired..? whereas Babcock was done with his contract. 

You would think the guy that got fired would garner less... Another weird NHL ruling...

14 hours ago, Datsyukian-Deke said:

Beginning to face the inevitable. It being March 2nd and still having Smith and Vanek on this team. It seems we can't even sell the farm correctly. Hope I'm wrong but im preparing to be right.

I would agree in years past.  But there is no way that Holland doesnt sell Vanek.  As lazy as I believe he is, no chance he wastes an opportunity to look like a genius signing Vanek for next to nothing and then flipping him for picks only to sign him back at the end of the season. I think that is done, its just a matter of how much he can squeeze out of it.

Im willing to bet, there is already an offer on the table that Holland will take for Vanek.  He has that team on hold until late tomorrow and will wait to see if anyone will beat their offer.  Its smart, especially in this deadlines climate.  Same goes for Smitty now that Shattenkirk is off the market.  Somehow he is the best available now.  I dont believe u see them move until tomorrow closer to the deadline being the top available at their positions.  It SHOULD be a bidding war until the last few hours of the deadline.

What should be interesting is Sheahan, Nyquist, Howard, etc.  Those deals, I believe, could be made today if they are going to happen.  Either way, Haznal and Shatty deals are very very good for us.  I dont think we need to meltdown yet.

1 minute ago, Bump said:

Why sell Sheahan now? Sell low, buy high?

Sounds like they're very much not interested in selling low.. rumored to cost a first round pick for Sheahan. That leads me to believe he's not going anywhere.

But a first doesn't sound low even if he were having a decent year.. I'd take it. 

1 hour ago, HockeytownRules19 said:

Smith knows if he holds out a bit holland will up it to 4x4

7 minutes ago, BBD10 said:

I would agree in years past.  But there is no way that Holland doesnt sell Vanek.  As lazy as I believe he is, no chance he wastes an opportunity to look like a genius signing Vanek for next to nothing and then flipping him for picks only to sign him back at the end of the season. I think that is done, its just a matter of how much he can squeeze out of it.

Im willing to bet, there is already an offer on the table that Holland will take for Vanek.  He has that team on hold until late tomorrow and will wait to see if anyone will beat their offer.  Its smart, especially in this deadlines climate.  Same goes for Smitty now that Shattenkirk is off the market.  Somehow he is the best available now.  I dont believe u see them move until tomorrow closer to the deadline being the top available at their positions.  It SHOULD be a bidding war until the last few hours of the deadline.

What should be interesting is Sheahan, Nyquist, Howard, etc.  Those deals, I believe, could be made today if they are going to happen.  Either way, Haznal and Shatty deals are very very good for us.  I dont think we need to meltdown yet.

While he's hemming and hawing the teams that offered anything for Detroit players are talking to other teams.  Pull the trigger before you can't.

4 minutes ago, amato said:

Commodore is that you? :P 

also this as of 30 min ago

Someone in Detroit is going to make a killing selling pitchforks and torches

Just now, F.Michael said:

Surprised to not be hearing anything concerning Green.

He could possibly bring more in return  than either Vanek, or Smith.

Ansar has reported Wings wont be interested in selling till next season if it happens. Hes the cornerstone of the D.

11 minutes ago, Mckinley25 said:

Has anyone ever been traded at or near the deadline just to resign with the team that traded them in the immediate off season?

4 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Matt Moulson with the sabres comes to mind

Also Vermette with Arizona if I'm not mistaken. I'm sure there are others as well...