• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

2017 NHLTrade Deadline Discussion

Rate this topic

Simple, do the Wings Buy to try to make the playoffs or SELL to get draft picks and rebuild.  

101 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

19 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Stupid Holland, not taking the first deal that was presented to him, waiting for a much better deal to come along...

F***ing love Smitty, but that is a great return. Still hope we can somehow ship out Ericsson and re-sign him in the offseason, but if not, good luck!

Wait, what was the first deal?

1 minute ago, kickazz said:

Wait, what was the first deal?

He's just talking about all those (dickiedunn, frankgrimes etc) who called Holland an idiot because it was reported he had delayed talks on trading Smith because they were discussing a possible deal. Frank, for instance, said that they would miss out on the opportunity for a deal and teams would go elsewhere

I wish this had been done 2-3 years sooner. I'd made mentions as such but I'm not trying to be I told you so on this. I just wish, instead of limping into first round matchups in which they were overmatched (in the first round no less) they'd have let the streak go. The best part of that plan would be going into the new Arena they'd be hopefully well on the upswing not bookending the bad years at the beginning of JLA with one last stinker of a year. 

Ah well, it is what it is here today and I hope (like the Smith trade) they can do well and bank some young talent to go with a nice group of youngsters to build around. But let's not take 15 years of top picks like Edmonton to get back on top. 

Edited by Jersey Wing

1 minute ago, LeftWinger said:

Don't stop at Vanek! Trade Nyquist, Howard, Ericsson.....Trade trade trade! We're out of the playoffs, streak over, blow it out, let's do the late 80' early 90's over again! Build a core and become dynasty!

What could we get for Franzen?  

Glad we're getting a couple nice picks for Smith.  I didn't expect that at all.   Disappointing to look back at when Lidstrom retired and Smith came up to the big club.  We had huge expectations for him then (he was a first rounder) and now we're trading him away for picks.  No one expected him to be the next Lids, but he couldn't even crack our top 6 and our defensemen are terrible.  I hope the front office is better at evaluating young d-men talent now than they were then.

4 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Blah, he's not even in my rear view mirror anymore....he'll never play again, so his salary and roster spot will always be available. But, if a team needs to hit the basement floor, give us a 7th for his contract. 

Just for fun here are all the deals made on trade deadline day in 1990, the last time, well, you know.

Trading deadline: March 6, 1990

March 6, 1990: Adrien Plavsic, St. Louis' first round pick in 1990 Entry Draft and second round pick in 1991 Entry Draft traded from St. Louis to Vancouver for Rich Sutter, Harold Snepsts and St. Louis' second round pick in 1990 Entry Draft (acquired previously).
March 6, 1990: Mike Gartner traded from Minnesota to NY Rangers for Ulf Dahlen, NY Rangers' fourth round pick in 1990 Entry Draft and future considerations.
March 6, 1990: Alain Chevrier traded from Chicago to Pittsburgh for future considerations.
March 6, 1990: Jack Capuano traded from NY Islanders to Vancouver for Jeff Rohlicek.
March 6, 1990: Jyrki Lumme traded from Montreal to Vancouver for St. Louis' second round pick in 1991 Entry Draft (acquired previously).
March 6, 1990: Jim Korn traded from New Jersey to Calgary for Calgary's fifth round pick in 1990 Entry Draft.
March 6, 1990: Peter Stastny traded from Quebec to New Jersey for Craig Wolanin and future considerations.
March 6, 1990: Jeff Sharples traded from Edmonton to New Jersey for Reijo Ruotsalainen.
March 6, 1990: Brian Wilks traded from Edmonton to Pittsburgh for future considerations.
March 6, 1990: The rights to Cam Brauer traded from Edmonton to Hartford for Marc Laforge.

Edited by Jersey Wing

9 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

I don't think we could get something. Remember last year, we had to give up a pick to move Datsyuks contract, and that had just one year left. I don't think there is any team desperate enough to pay for Franzens contract.

Plus, there is no disadvantage for us in burying Franzen on LTIR right now. Ok, we could bury Kronwall there after we get rid of Franzens contract...

9 minutes ago, Jersey Wing said:

Just for fun here are all the deals made on trade deadline day in 1990, the last time, well, you know.

Trading deadline: March 6, 1990

March 6, 1990: Adrien Plavsic, St. Louis' first round pick in 1990 Entry Draft and second round pick in 1991 Entry Draft traded from St. Louis to Vancouver for Rich Sutter, Harold Snepsts and St. Louis' second round pick in 1990 Entry Draft (acquired previously).
March 6, 1990: Mike Gartner traded from Minnesota to NY Rangers for Ulf Dahlen, NY Rangers' fourth round pick in 1990 Entry Draft and future considerations.
March 6, 1990: Alain Chevrier traded from Chicago to Pittsburgh for future considerations.
March 6, 1990: Jack Capuano traded from NY Islanders to Vancouver for Jeff Rohlicek.
March 6, 1990: Jyrki Lumme traded from Montreal to Vancouver for St. Louis' second round pick in 1991 Entry Draft (acquired previously).
March 6, 1990: Jim Korn traded from New Jersey to Calgary for Calgary's fifth round pick in 1990 Entry Draft.
March 6, 1990: Peter Stastny traded from Quebec to New Jersey for Craig Wolanin and future considerations.
March 6, 1990: Jeff Sharples traded from Edmonton to New Jersey for Reijo Ruotsalainen.
March 6, 1990: Brian Wilks traded from Edmonton to Pittsburgh for future considerations.
March 6, 1990: The rights to Cam Brauer traded from Edmonton to Hartford for Marc Laforge.

Ulf Dahlen. Now there's a name I haven't heard in a long time.

6 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Ulf Dahlen. Now there's a name I haven't heard in a long time.

Interestingly enough, I believe it is his son Jonathan Dahlen that the Canucks got yesterday when they traded Burrows to Ottawa.

Looks like a very promising prospect for them.