• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

2017 NHLTrade Deadline Discussion

Rate this topic

Simple, do the Wings Buy to try to make the playoffs or SELL to get draft picks and rebuild.  

101 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, robb himself said:

Interestingly enough, I believe it is his son Jonathan Dahlen that the Canucks got yesterday when they traded Burrows to Ottawa.

Looks like a very promising prospect for them.

Huh, how 'bout that.

(Coincidence? I THINK NOT!)

In a way, it is too bad we aren't looking to move Green.  He could get a pretty insane return given that he wouldn't even be a rental for a team, and we could hold salary back to make it easy for a team to take him on.  You'd have to think you could get a VERY nice return for him.  

I get that Holland wants to try to ice a competitive team next season, but this is such a great opportunity to pick up some picks/prospects.  I guess we can always move him at the deadline next season.

4 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Oh, you know him then?

I am him.

Nah, I just remember owning a lot of Ulf Dahlen trading cards as a kid. Was sort of a running joke for a while -- I could walk into a hobby shop, pick a pack of hockey cards at random, and there would almost certainly be an Ulf Dahlen card in the pack. :lol:

1 hour ago, The Datsyukian Deke said:

I don't think we could get something. Remember last year, we had to give up a pick to move Datsyuks contract, and that had just one year left. I don't think there is any team desperate enough to pay for Franzens contract.

Plus, there is no disadvantage for us in burying Franzen on LTIR right now. Ok, we could bury Kronwall there after we get rid of Franzens contract...

While I agree that a team is not going to give us a pick to take on Franzen's contract, that's not exactly true about Datsyuk's contract. We traded our 1st for their 1st and 2nd pick along with Vitale/Datsyuk being involved. So while we did move down a few spots in the 1st, we gained a 2nd.

Franzen's contract next year is I believe 2mil in cash, then I believe it drops to 1mil but the caphit is just shy of 4mil. I think at some point he will be traded to Arizona like Datsyuk and Pronger. I think the same thing will happen to Zetterberg at some point.

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

Arizona may need his cap,  Datsyuk falls off this year and I belive prongers as well...

Correct on both accounts, I was just looking at that last night.

can we trade Weiss's buyout penalty? Or is that not allowed?

29 minutes ago, kliq said:

Correct on both accounts, I was just looking at that last night.

can we trade Weiss's buyout penalty? Or is that not allowed?

I don't know 100% but that doesn't seem like something that would be allowed if I had to guess. 

Also, a couple more moves from holland? Likely Ott and Vanek but I'm interested to see what else he has up his sleeves. Or in his boots so to speak :P

so far so good 

I wish that second round pick for Smith was this year, not next year. That dampens my excitement a bit. Although this year isn't exactly regarded as a high talent draft class.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk... ignore the typos!

11 minutes ago, brandon27 said:

I wish that second round pick for Smith was this year, not next year. That dampens my excitement a bit. Although this year isn't exactly regarded as a high talent draft class.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk... ignore the typos!

If anything that made me happy. Heard nothing about how this draft is weak.

Only a total imbecile would dress any player they mIght trade. We'll see if our GM is indeed an imbecile. 

Edited by scotzman
Grammar

10 minutes ago, xault said:

If anything that made me happy. Heard nothing about how this draft is weak.

There is no weak, no strong. No win, no lose. No draft. There is only Andrei Svechnikov.

Keep an eye out for Andrei Svechnikov, 2018 draft frontrunner

Andrei Svechnikov shows why he's 'Russia's next big thing' at WJAC

Interview With Young Phenom Andrei Svechnikov

– Do you have a favorite NHL team?

– Right now I like Detroit because my brother was drafted by them. I’d like to get there in the future, my dream is to play with my brother on the same line.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DarkoStateNews/status/836698581885153284

Source: No lack of suitors for Tomas Vanek. Wings currently asking for two 1st round picks or a 1st and two 2nds, plus a mid-level prospect.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DarkoStateNews/status/836699527801356292

The Wings are not anxious to trade Mike Green. No urgency to do so. Would require an already established young player or big pick package.

.....Two firsts? Holland you dog