• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

2017 NHLTrade Deadline Discussion

Rate this topic

Simple, do the Wings Buy to try to make the playoffs or SELL to get draft picks and rebuild.  

101 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Credible?

Scrolled through an entire thread to see if anyone would ask this. Seems everyone is treating this guy like he's credible, but I don't know him.

3 minutes ago, kickazz said:

I mean't was the tweeter a credible source. 

Seems at least a little legit. He's a sports radio guy/editor in Detroit or something. He's also reporting that Ownership ORDERED (not granted permission) Holland to sell.

Just now, amato said:

If Vanek got us two first round picks, he might be the best one year contract we've ever signed :P 

Seriously, whatever we get for him will be excellent asset management by Holland.  Our GM certainly makes mistakes, but this could be a big win for him...

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Scrolled through an entire thread to see if anyone would ask this. Seems everyone is treating this guy like he's credible, but I don't know him.

Seems at least a little legit. He's a sports radio guy/editor in Detroit or something. He's also reporting that Ownership ORDERED (not granted permission) Holland to sell.

You know, my first thought after the Smith trade was "maybe they never sold because Mr. I valued the streak so much...but his son wanted to rebuild, and just now ordered Holland to do so".

2 minutes ago, The Datsyukian Deke said:

You know, my first thought after the Smith trade was "maybe they never sold because Mr. I valued the streak so much...but his son wanted to rebuild, and just now ordered Holland to do so".

Or this is the first time they've been in last place at the deadline for 25+ years.

6 minutes ago, greenrebellion said:

Or this is the first time they've been in last place at the deadline for 25+ years.

Maybe, but honestly..should've sold and rebuild a few years ok. It was obvious this team wasn't going to win it, first round exits, second round at best, and that shouldn't be enough.

4 minutes ago, greenrebellion said:

Can't be true.  Would be the dumbest move in the history of sports.

Maybe Kenny's passive-aggressively threatening to expose Vanek to potential injury if the interested party doesn't pony up within the next hour? That would be kinda badass.

3 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Maybe Kenny's passive-aggressively threatening to expose Vanek to potential injury if the interested party doesn't pony up within the next hour? That would be kinda badass.

More likely Holland's a dumbass...

27 minutes ago, The Datsyukian Deke said:

Chris has been running the Wings for years now so maybe hes just acting on the bad year. Or perhaps he was trying to win one for his dad before the end. RIP pizzabro