• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

2017 NHLTrade Deadline Discussion

Rate this topic

Simple, do the Wings Buy to try to make the playoffs or SELL to get draft picks and rebuild.  

101 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, frankgrimes said:

Only 800.000 cap hit and absolutely no risk and an entertaining player on a team that needed guys like him.

Vanek has the lowest caphit per point not counting ELCs... aka most bargain contract

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

I'm not disputing his contract, what I want to know is what makes it better then Vanek's?

The Vanek signing was more risky. I didn't expect him to have the season he is having so far that's for sure.

With Ott basically everyone knew what the Wings were getting...A heart and soul guy who does very well in the face-off circle.

"Hollands plays Vanek cause hes a dumb ass"

At 12:01 am today NHL roster sizes expanded. Which is why trades are rolling in right now. Which is why Ott was sat and just traded. So theres your explanation everyone who moaned about Vanek playing limited minutes tonight.

4 minutes ago, frankgrimes said:

The Vanek signing was more risky. I didn't expect him to have the season he is having so far that's for sure.

With Ott basically everyone knew what the Wings were getting...A heart and soul guy who does very well in the face-off circle.

Ok that would be a fair assesment if it were July 2016. What about today? Who was the better signing from our current standpoint?

"Hollands plays Vanek cause hes a dumb ass"
At 12:01 am today NHL roster sizes expanded. Which is why trades are rolling in right now. Which is why Ott was sat and just traded. So theres your explanation everyone who moaned about Vanek playing limited minutes tonight.
Ok that would be a fair assesment if it were July 2016. What about today? Who was the better signing from our current standpoint?

Of course Vanek hands down

Jurco for a 3rd, outstanding that he got that for a spare part.

Smith for a second and a third, also great. I would have been happy with a third.

Ott for anything at all is good. He was better than I thought he'd be, but still just a reserve forward.

The key is moving Vanek now. If he gets even one draft pick or prospect I'll be happy. If he gets a first plus something, Holland gets a gold star. If he doesn't trade him, he gets a frowny face sticker.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

Jurco for a 3rd, outstanding that he got that for a spare part.

Smith for a second and a third, also great. I would have been happy with a third.

Ott for anything at all is good. He was better than I thought he'd be, but still just a reserve forward.

The key is moving Vanek now. If he gets even one draft pick or prospect I'll be happy. If he gets a first plus something, Holland gets a gold star. If he doesn't trade him, he gets a frowny face sticker.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

Dickie made a somewhat positive post. What timeline are we living in?

Alls good. Vanek should be on the move tomorrow as our last piece. Best forward available. Shine those kickin boots Ken, tomorrows another kickin day HOOOORUH

At this point it should be pretty simple. Vanek... Are you going to re-sign here? If no, you trade him for whatever the best package is that you can get. No point in keeping him no matter what the return if he's not going to be part of the future

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk... ignore the typos!

38 minutes ago, brandon27 said:

At this point it should be pretty simple. Vanek... Are you going to re-sign here? If no, you trade him for whatever the best package is that you can get. No point in keeping him no matter what the return if he's not going to be part of the future

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk... ignore the typos!

Vanek isn't part of the future, and it shouldn't matter if he wants to re-sign this offseason or not, you still trade him to the highest bidder. If we make some moves this summer and we have 2-3 spots open up front, then we can talk about re-signing, but you still trade him today regardless.

3 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

I like big words.

Oh man - if Holland found a sucker buyer for Tinky-Winky.

:lol:

:D Haha well they were rumored to be interested in him. Probably thought they might be able to get him real cheap.. don't think Holland will actually bite unless he gets a return that takes this season as a fluke though.  

2 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Why ya'll just content with Vanek trade?

I WANT MORE OF THEM GONE. 

Ericsson

Vanek

Green

Sheahan

I would love to trade away Green and Sheahan but it has to come for the right prices.  Unfortunately Sheahan's numbers arent matching up this year to that 1st round pick Holland wants.  I wouldnt take anything less than that for him either.  In order for a team to grab Green, there has to be two 1st +prospect or a really special young buck on the table.  He is the anchor of our D and not an UFA. 

At this point, I dont see anyone matching what we need for Green but hey, you never know.  Sheahan maybe could but I also doubt that too thanks to his goalless season.  We arent giving players away.  We still need to get what they are worth or we are screwing ourselves.