• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

2017 NHLTrade Deadline Discussion

Rate this topic

Simple, do the Wings Buy to try to make the playoffs or SELL to get draft picks and rebuild.  

101 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Why ya'll just content with Vanek trade?
I WANT MORE OF THEM GONE. 
Ericsson
Vanek
Green
Sheahan

Agreed. At this point I'd move anyone with a big cap hit, over or close to 30.

Hexk, I'd even more Kronwall at this point. He's 36 and has 3 big cap years still. Probably tough to move that contract at that age, but I'd try. We need to build for the future.

To me mantha, Larkin, AA, and a few others are untouchable, but I'd move anyone else for the right package at this point.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk... ignore the typos!

I don't want to move Green at this point.

We're all having a lovely lovely dream if we think Ericsson is getting moved.  He's injured.

...and as far as Kronwall goes... that cap recapture looms if he decides to retire retire and not LITRetire for us.  I'd rather have him playing a smaller role for us over the next couple years or have his cap sitting on LITR than having it count against us for nothing if he decided to retire after being traded.

Given the dead weight contracts we have on the books through 2020 or so, whether or not Kronwall stays or goes is irrelevant as this team won't really be incredibly competitive until cap hits like Abdelkader, Helm, Zetterberg, Ericsson, Dekeyser and a well past his prime by 2020 Nielsen.  

Kronwall wouldn't bring back anything of value anyway.

Moving Vanek is a must, but I'd also love for Holland to also move Abdelkader and Helm. Then, somehow get rid of Howard's and/or Ericsson's contracts (it would be too much to hope for to move both) in the off season. We would then finally be in a position to actually rebuild instead patching a lineup together.

I expect Vanek to be gone today.  He's too talented and could help a lot of teams looking for offense or a playoff push. That's the only one I realistically see being moved though.  Howard is injured.  Ericsson has too many years left on his contract.  Sheahan won't help anyone this time of year.  I could see him being moved to another team in the offseason.  Maybe another team figures they could make him into a better player, but they wouldn't want him for the stretch run or playoffs.  I kind of figured Green would get more attention, but he's probably a next trade deadline player like Vanek is this year.