• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

2017 NHLTrade Deadline Discussion

Rate this topic

Simple, do the Wings Buy to try to make the playoffs or SELL to get draft picks and rebuild.  

101 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

I think I might've ask this before, but who does Nolan Patrick remind you of who's currently in the NHL?

I've only seen highlights of Patrick, and read some articles, but the one name that I've heard him compared to the most is Toews. I'm not sure how accurate that is, or if he will ever reach that sort of potential, but he's definitely not a generational talent like a McDavid or Matthews. I've said this before and part of me is more intrigued with Vilardi over Patrick. I'm kind of hoping we get the 3rd overall pick and take Vilardi to be honest. He's basically a full year younger, same size, both are right shooting centers, putting up similar points and doesn't have the injury history...

13 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I've only seen highlights of Patrick, and read some articles, but the one name that I've heard him compared to the most is Toews. I'm not sure how accurate that is, or if he will ever reach that sort of potential, but he's definitely not a generational talent like a McDavid or Matthews. I've said this before and part of me is more intrigued with Vilardi over Patrick. I'm kind of hoping we get the 3rd overall pick and take Vilardi to be honest. He's basically a full year younger, same size, both are right shooting centers, putting up similar points and doesn't have the injury history...

McDavid is in a seperate league from Mathews imo.

McDavid is probably the best pick in the last 20 years. He's supposedly already claimed to better than Crosby with a higher ceiling.

Mathews/Eichel/Laine are probably in their own league of skills

Edited by kickazz

2 minutes ago, kickazz said:

McDavid is in a seperate league from Mathews imo.

McDavid is probably the best pick in the last 20 years. He's supposedly already claimed to better than Crosby with a higher ceiling.

Mathews/Eichel/Laine are probably in their own league of skills

I agree with that for sure. I didn't mean for that to sound like McDavid and Matthews are at all in the same league, just that both (the past two first overall picks) are much better than what Patrick is projected to be. I would put Patrick in the tier below Matthews / Eichel as of right now, but who knows, he may exceed expectations...

Vilardi is definitely intriguing.. and probably more realistic than patrick as far as the wings pick goes. 

Two of the players in the top ten (also on the more realistic side for where we'll likely draft) that I'm more interested in lately are Mittelstadt and Makar. 

Mittelstadt is a center with great speed and hands. Imagine he'd fit right in with AA and Larkin someday. 

Makar is a little on the small side (around 5'11"/180lbs) but is a high point producing two way defenseman with great skating ability. 

Both aren't in college yet so they could even be a little underrated going into the draft (also perhaps a bit risky) but both sound like they might have the most upside in the draft too. 

6 minutes ago, amato said:

Vilardi is definitely intriguing.. and probably more realistic than patrick as far as the wings pick goes. 

Two of the players in the top ten (also on the more realistic side for where we'll likely draft) that I'm more interested in lately are Mittelstadt and Makar. 

Mittelstadt is a center with great speed and hands. Imagine he'd fit right in with AA and Larkin someday. 

Makar is a little on the small side (around 5'11"/180lbs) but is a high point producing two way defenseman with great skating ability. 

Both aren't in college yet so they could even be a little underrated going into the draft (also perhaps a bit risky) but both sound like they might have the most upside in the draft too. 

I'd be okay with Mittelstadt if we end up around 7, I don't want us to take Makar though unless it's a 15+ pick... Not a fan of any of the defense in the top half of the draft.

4 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I'd be okay with Mittelstadt if we end up around 7, I don't want us to take Makar though unless it's a 15+ pick... Not a fan of any of the defense in the top half of the draft.

I'd be stoked with Mittelstadt at 7 for sure.

I think Makar will make his way into the top ten though.. would take him if we picked around the 8-12 range and liljegren, Tippett, and all the top center prospects were already off the board. 

8 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Well the trade deadline is over....

Was making reference to when I was admonished for talking about Holland instead of trades... tough room.

10 minutes ago, scotzman said:

Was making reference to when I was admonished for talking about Holland instead of trades... tough room.

Looks like you tried to turn this thread into a discussion of Holland's career while the trade deadline was still active.

Sorry, but I'm not with you on this one. Tough break kid.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

7 minutes ago, scotzman said:

Look, the reason why this gets on people's nerves is because the point of this board is to have simultaneous conversations about all things Red Wing related. What unfortunately happens, is the majority of the threads get turned into "Ken Holland" threads and detract from other conversation. 

Don't take in personally, I welcome all posters as it just adds to the discussion. It was no different from the summer time when EVERY thread turned into a Helm thread, or 2/3 years ago a Cleary thread. There are certain posters that just repeat the same narrative in every thread they post in.

1 minute ago, kliq said:

Look, the reason why this gets on people's nerves is because the point of this board is to have simultaneous conversations about all things Red Wing related. What unfortunately happens, is the majority of the threads get turned into "Ken Holland" threads and detract from other conversation. 

Don't take in personally, I welcome all posters as it just adds to the discussion. It was no different from the summer time when EVERY thread turned into a Helm thread, or 2/3 years ago a Cleary thread. There are certain posters that just repeat the same narrative in every thread they post in.

I hate Franzen

...and that's that...Holland on 97.1...

But Holland is staunch on this: The Red Wings are not burning things down and starting from scratch. He doesn’t think they need to.

“We’re going to look at (things) this summer and figure out a way to get back in the mix. It’s a fine-line league, and right now, we’re (nine) points out of a playoff spot — it’s not like we’re 29 out,” Holland said.

http://kuklaskorner.com/tmr/comments/ken-holland-appears-on-97.1-the-tickets-jamie-and-stoney-show?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter