• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

LeftWinger

2017 NHLTrade Deadline Discussion

Rate this topic

Simple, do the Wings Buy to try to make the playoffs or SELL to get draft picks and rebuild.  

101 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, LeftWinger said:

Did you listen to the audio? He was acquired to be in GR and help the development of the young players down there by being tough....in GR. 

No im out eating lunch at the moment.

Thats not a bad plan. He can sit on the right side of Hicketts and Hronek.

Kronner will be injured again in t minus a few games. Mcilrath will recieve a look. 

34 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

...and that's that...Holland on 97.1...

But Holland is staunch on this: The Red Wings are not burning things down and starting from scratch. He doesn’t think they need to.

“We’re going to look at (things) this summer and figure out a way to get back in the mix. It’s a fine-line league, and right now, we’re (nine) points out of a playoff spot — it’s not like we’re 29 out,” Holland said.

http://kuklaskorner.com/tmr/comments/ken-holland-appears-on-97.1-the-tickets-jamie-and-stoney-show?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

If he can some how get us Patrick and Trouba, I dont disagree with this. Though I dont see it happening.

2 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

If he could do that, without trading the 1st, AA, Mantha or Larkin, then ya, I'm in. But....

Well the first would have to be Patrick, if we landed Patrick though I think one of Larkin or AA are dispensable for Trouba.

There was talk about DD being on Winnipeg's radar. I would also give up DD and a future pick for Trouba. IMO Trouba has a ceiling as a 1A d-man, DD has a ceiling as high end top 4 D-man.

Edited by kliq

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2017/03/01/why-the-red-wings-didnt-trade-riley-sheahan/

“To me, the reason everybody wants him is they know the kid’s potential moving forward. He’s a third-line center that could be very good,” said Osgood. “Listen, he could have an unreal year next year and score 20 goals and we’ll call him the comeback player of the year, right? So, let’s not get ahead of ourselves and quit on Riley Sheahan.”

Who is this Osgood fellow and how did he get so smart?

But Holland is staunch on this: The Red Wings are not burning things down and starting from scratch. He doesn’t think they need to.

“We’re going to look at (things) this summer and figure out a way to get back in the mix. It’s a fine-line league, and right now, we’re (nine) points out of a playoff spot — it’s not like we’re 29 out,” Holland said.

http://kuklaskorner.com/tmr/comments/ken-holland-appears-on-97.1-the-tickets-jamie-and-stoney-show?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

His rebuild time line always changes. I'm so over this. He did what he could this trade deadline, earned a solid B and saw how poorly constructed this team was for over 60 games now, if that doesn't scream rebuild to him, nothing will and for that reason alone I want Chris to throw the bank at the captain next year.
Holland has made it absolutely clear that he doesn't want or believe in real rebuilds but this team really needs one so there is a miss match hopefully ownership is seeing that too.

Yesterday I was optimistic, today I'm scared he signs another veteran to a ridiculous contract in the off season

5 hours ago, kliq said:

Look, the reason why this gets on people's nerves is because the point of this board is to have simultaneous conversations about all things Red Wing related. What unfortunately happens, is the majority of the threads get turned into "Ken Holland" threads and detract from other conversation. 

Don't take in personally, I welcome all posters as it just adds to the discussion. It was no different from the summer time when EVERY thread turned into a Helm thread, or 2/3 years ago a Cleary thread. There are certain posters that just repeat the same narrative in every thread they post in.

I get it, just found it amusing that it became an issue. Was hardly the only person traipsing down that rabbit trail. It's all good, I'm not offended in the least. Just happy to talk hockey.

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

While we're "nine points out" I still feel just making the playoffs should not be the goal. Not to mention the parody... there are literally only 2 or 3 teams completely out of it right now. In fact, I think only Colorado & Arizona are out for sure.

Like I said, I'm willing to see what he does in the draft & even free agency, but I don't put much hope in his plans anymore.

13 minutes ago, scotzman said:

While we're "nine points out" I still feel just making the playoffs should not be the goal. Not to mention the parody... there are literally only 2 or 3 teams completely out of it right now. In fact, I think only Colorado & Arizona are out for sure.

Like I said, I'm willing to see what he does in the draft & even free agency, but I don't put much hope in his plans anymore.

"We're nine points out" is going to become my favorite Holland quote.  "It's not like we're 29 out" may be even better.  :lol:

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2017/03/01/why-the-red-wings-didnt-trade-riley-sheahan/

Who is this Osgood fellow and how did he get so smart?

And one day 2008 Franzen may show back up.

We can't just keep holding on to players saying "this could be the year" and then saying "what if next year is the year..." over and over and over...

15 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

And one day 2008 Franzen may show back up.

We can't just keep holding on to players saying "this could be the year" and then saying "what if next year is the year..." over and over and over...

I agree we need to get rid of some players, but you know that not all players are going to be all stars right? If a guy like Nyquist can score 25-30 goals and get 60 points, that is solid production from a secondary scorer getting paid just over 4mil per year. The key is to mix high end talent with secondary scoring, the problem is that right now ALL we have is secondary scoring.

44 minutes ago, kliq said:

I agree we need to get rid of some players, but you know that not all players are going to be all stars right? If a guy like Nyquist can score 25-30 goals and get 60 points, that is solid production from a secondary scorer getting paid just over 4mil per year. The key is to mix high end talent with secondary scoring, the problem is that right now ALL we have is secondary scoring.

I will never ever understand why Goose is being harped on so much, it's not his fault that some guys were expecting him to continue the insane rookie campaign, where he basically brought this team into the PO with his play. Around 60 points to me is very good for a second line winger. The Winger position is the easiest to fill but the Wings do have some pieces there it's the center and defense which screams for elite talent...if these 2 positions aren't on par with other teams the results can be seen with this years Wings edition and to some extent in Colorado, Dallas.

With that being said Goose and Tatar are so similar still youngish and should net the Wings a solid return maybe package them up with Green and see if that could finally lead to GMs at least listening on trades of their top defenseman.

Edited by frankgrimes

Just now, Jonas Mahonas said:

Not so sure.  He's top 2 for sure tho.

Right now? I don't think there is any question Crosby is insanely good but yeah McDavid at 19 years old is already top 2 man that kid is going to do what Crosby did soon. Wish I was that talented at 19 years old. But the Crosby's and McDavid's of the world don't come a long very often I have yet to read something about an upcoming draft where anyone close to that caliber (could) be available. That being said getting Patrick would still be a huge improvement he would instantly become the best prospect and allow Larkin to slot-in at the number 2 center spot and AA to play 3 line center.

2 minutes ago, frankgrimes said:

Right now? I don't think there is any question Crosby is insanely good but yeah McDavid at 19 years old is already top 2 man that kid is going to do what Crosby did soon. Wish I was that talented at 19 years old. But the Crosby's and McDavid's of the world don't come a long very often I have yet to read something about an upcoming draft where anyone close to that caliber (could) be available. That being said getting Patrick would still be a huge improvement he would instantly become the best prospect and allow Larkin to slot-in at the number 2 center spot and AA to play 3 line center.

He's not talking McDavid, he's talking the player that shall not be named.

Not so sure.  He's top 2 for sure tho.

Crosby missed a bunch of games to start the year. He's averaging 1.20PPG while McDavid is at 1.11PPG.

Not to mention McDavid needs to sustain Crosby level of play or better for a few more years before I say he's the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no debate, right now Crosby is the best player in the world. I'm sure at some point McDavid will pass him, but that time has not happened yet.

Fully agreed. McDavid will be the best player at some point but right now he isn't, passing a guy as dedicated as Crosby will be tough even for McDavid.

The Oilers core is unbelievable McDavid, Draisaitl, Hopkins, Nurse and Puljujarvi this team is going to do what the Hawks did soon.