• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NerveDamage

01/31 GDT : New Jersey Devils vs Red Wings : 7:30 PM ET

19 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

I would be shocked if Blashill is not the coach next season...As a die-hard pessimist, and realist...I see Blashill sticking around for at least 1 more season - if not 2 more seasons.

I'd be shocked if he makes it through February if they continue to suck.  

Holland will get his top 3 pick and not trade it. If he wastes it on a soft Defenseman....ugh! Let's waste our highest pick in decades...ugh this coach and GM has me going so nuts right now! I can't even think straight! This calls for a Clark Griswald rant! Just replace the name Frank Shirley with Ken Holland or Jeff Blashill. 

Blashill needs to go. We're in last place in the East. How long will Holland accept this? This team is going nowhere and we were very lucky to make the playoffs last season so really, this team has been out of it for 2 years now. 

6 hours ago, puckloo39 said:

Well, I think the Wings will win this one... only down by 2 goals, they will get it back.

Nice call there

1 hour ago, kylee said:

Blashill needs to go. We're in last place in the East. How long will Holland accept this? This team is going nowhere and we were very lucky to make the playoffs last season so really, this team has been out of it for 2 years now. 

Could easily replace the first 3 sentences with 'Holland' and 'Illitch'.

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Kronwall a minus 3.

Sheahan a minus 1.

Mantha again a plus.  

Common theme.

Unadjusted plus minus means nothing. But yes, Mantha is good. Really good.

Edited by shocky2002

7 hours ago, frankgrimes said:

That's why he should be promoted and a new GM and coach (AV, Tippet, Julien or maybe Hitchcock), running the show.

A promotion is no good, he'd still have his fingers in the pot. Needs to be gone altogether.

5 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Kronwall a minus 3.

Sheahan a minus 1.

Mantha again a plus.  

Common theme.

Blows my mind that they won't give Jurco a shot over Sheahan. Even if Jurco turns out to be a bust, he can't be any worst than Sheahan is right now. At least go with potential at this point. 

Kronwall just needs to retire. Got a lot of respect for the guy, but his knee won't let him play at this level any more. 

Edited by marcaractac

Blows my mind that they won't give Jurco a shot over Sheahan. Even if Jurco turns out to be a bust, he can't be any worst than Sheahan is right now. At least go with potential at this point. 
Kronwall just needs to retire. Got a lot of respect for the guy, but his knee won't let him play at this level any more. 

I'm at the point where I don't care anymore I just want to see a tight bunch of young pkayers with potential. Just like the Leafs did it. Clean house wherever there is a need, this organization needs a shift in philosophy top to bottom. Can't wait till trade dead line.

I don't care what Z and company is telling the media, fans actions speak louder than words and their actions have been disgusting most of these guys don't deserve to wear the winged wheel on their chest. Maybe the rumors are true and the Wings need a hard nosed no bs coach.

4 minutes ago, frankgrimes said:

I don't care what Z and company is telling the media,...rumors are true and the Wings need a hard nosed no bs coach.

Maybe Wings need also real no-bs media. I´m always quite suprised, what quotes are Z/Blash providing after each loss. It´s still the same blabla, I can´t really say how many times I´ve read Blashill´s ´..turning puck over...puck management...got to be beter´ bs-its. 

Like, toughest article is today Czech (!!) article ( https://goo.gl/kDYYna ) really blaming this team to bury strong and executive history with effort they they are currently showing. Blaming Blashill, Green, DeKeyser, also Nielsen (expected to be leader).

Would like to see this more widely on freep, mlive etc., address the pressure. 

28 minutes ago, frankgrimes said:

I don't care what Z and company is telling the media, fans actions speak louder than words and their actions have been disgusting most of these guys don't deserve to wear the winged wheel on their chest. Maybe the rumors are true and the Wings need a hard nosed no bs coach.

2015 - present Jeff Blashill
2005 - 2015 Mike Babcock
2002 - 2004 Dave Lewis
1993 - 2002 Scotty Bowman
1990 - 1993 Bryan Murray
1986 - 1990 Jacques Demers

If you think about it ...

Demers semi hard 

Murrray?

Scotty oooh yeah heads would have rolled by end of November or earlier. He would be the model for hard ass/mental games coach

Lewis "players coach"

Babs considered a hard ass and at least he shows emotion on the bench etc

Blash "young players coach" 

Anyone see a pattern hard ass then soft then hard

Majority of  the STREAK was between Scotty and Babs i.e hard asses

I wonder if Blash is trying to be a friend to the players vs. a coach. 

Anyone know how Hitch is with young players?

Would he demand more out of the team? Oh wait I would demand more than Blash-process

All I care is that they give a semi effort for me as I will be attending Friday's game. Thank God I am also seeing other friends/family etc to make up for the $$ I spent on this team to see them.