• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ChristianNorway

Bjørn Botta Skaare

Rate this topic

Hi there!

I am a norwegian journalist, working on a book about Bjørn Botta Skaare.

He played one game for Detroit Red Wings, November 29th 1978, against Colorado Rockies in Denver. Final result was 2-2. 

I am searching for facts from that game, goalscorers etc.

I’m also interested in pictures.

Could you maybe help me, og maybe you could get me in touch with somebody who can help?

Best wishes,

Christian Nome Lepsøe

Most famous?  I get that he was the first Norwegian in the NHL, but only 1 game and he really didn't play much past the age of 23 or 24.  I don't know may players from Norway, but Espen Knutsen, I would think, is more famous....purely because I know who that is and I never heard of Skaare before today

Hi Christian, Bjorn wore the #25 jersey in his only game for the Redwings. Other than that there may be some old photos of him on the web, not sure about him in his Redwing uniform thou, Maybe there is one of him in his old Kansas City Redwings uniform. I hope you find the information your looking for regards Andy.

12 hours ago, Demolition Man said:

There's a bit of information about the game at the Hockey Summary Project... if I'm lucky I might be able to find a newspaper reference, but I doubt that'll happen very quickly.

http://www.flyershistory.com/cgi-bin/poboxscore.cgi?H19780188

I´m very thankful for this information, it was just what we´re looking for. Any newspaper references will also be much apreciated

9 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

I was at the game.  I distinctly remember a moment when Skaare hopped over the boards for a shift in the 2nd period, and me and my sweetheart yelled "SKAL" at the top of our lungs.  I don't think he heard us, but he did seem to skate with all his might that shift.  He was gone the next game, so I went ahead with putting Howe on my new Home Jersey instead of Skaare.

Thanks a lot! How was playing he in that game? Do you remember anything else?

9 hours ago, ChristianNorway said:

Thanks a lot! How was playing he in that game? Do you remember anything else?

Unfortunately no (i'm the sweetheart he was refering to) Bill (that's Jonas's real name) has seen his memory go the last few years, so I wouldn't trust his story anymore either. He couldnt find Norway on a map, let alone North America at this point (sorry Bill honey I love you!)

I mostly let him post on this board between his feedings and changing as he can only move his fingers to type.

I'm sorry that he's been a bother. Good luck on your story!