• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Juklitz

Interview with Petr Mrazek

Rate this topic

On February 2, 2017 at 0:29 AM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

He doesnt seem to care much about being traded either. I hope he enjoyed that beach outing with Pavelec. Both are going to have a lot more oppurtunity to soak up rays when they are unemployed. 

I dunno if it's that he doesn't care about not being a Red Wing, or if he's just saying that if he's traded in general that it won't be a big deal to him. Trades happen, and if he is traded, then he'll roll with it and play where he's sent.

11 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

It's amazing how many people are ready to throw mrazek under the bus and deal him 

Howard is 33 and done soon, Coreau has shown no signs of being a star goalie ,once Howard's gone in 2 years then what?we have no goalies in the pipeline , we'll be a disaster for 7-10 yrs

the way I see it jeff lash illness is the problem ,he keeps messing mrazek about, he won 2 games recently and back to Coreau we go .. Petr needs 3-5 games to get his confidence going 

nyquist and Tatar are also having horrible years as well

mantha and athanasiou being messed about while guys like sheahan with 0 goals keep playing go is just nonsense 

sproul being benched repeatedly while Ericsson still baffling 

point is Blashill is the main problem in this team , all these baffling moves have caused a lot of down years for a lot of guys mrazek included , he's turning 25 soon and is way too young to just give up on 

we trade mrazek away it might turn out to be a mistake we never recover from 

Trading Mrazek at this point is ridiculous. His ceiling is high, much higher than Coreau's, who has started to struggle as well. Howard has been great this season when healthy, but who knows what will happen with him in the future. He could come back from his injury and play horrible again, or suffer another injury. You don't give up on a goalie with Mrazek's level of talent after one bad season, especially with it being a horrible season for the team in general. With the uncertainty surrounding all three goalies right now, you don't move him unless it's a trade that brings huge reward, and that won't happen. Protect him him the expansion draft, Vegas won't take Howard or Coreau anyways, so there's nothin to worry about.

Edited by chaps80

It's just one game but tonight was the perfect example of why getting rid of mrazek would be moronic and a huge mistake 

hes got the "it" factor ... Blashill needs to stop being a douchebag and feed him a few more consecutive starts now to get him going (which he should have done along time ago ) 

9 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

It's just one game but tonight was the perfect example of why getting rid of mrazek would be moronic and a huge mistake 

hes got the "it" factor ... Blashill needs to stop being a douchebag and feed him a few more consecutive starts now to get him going (which he should have done along time ago ) 

Calm down. 

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

He definitely earned the next start based on last night's performance. Let's hope he keeps it rolling and the Mrazek we all know he could be, breaks out...

He looked good. Made us win no doubt. I'm sure he'll get the next one. Let's see where this goes. If he plays at max capacity he has the ability to steal some games. That is a pattern change. We'll see.

I´d glad to see this as a final change, but I believe this one has more to do with his 5-0-0 against Preds, or better to say - with their offensive setup. That team has pretty weak offensive, only minimum of diagonal passes or arround-the-crease combos.

I believe he was doing the same as against Isles, maybe was taking care a little bit with his dizzy moves. It´s going to be way different against Bus with their agile and quick moving offensive.

1 hour ago, Juklitz said:

I´d glad to see this as a final change, but I believe this one has more to do with his 5-0-0 against Preds, or better to say - with their offensive setup. That team has pretty weak offensive, only minimum of diagonal passes or arround-the-crease combos.

I believe he was doing the same as against Isles, maybe was taking care a little bit with his dizzy moves. It´s going to be way different against Bus with their agile and quick moving offensive.

Give credit where credit is due.  He faced 42 shots obviously.  He'll be fine.

On February 5, 2017 at 1:34 AM, kliq said:

I would like to see Mrazek get more starts, but I'm not a fan of entitlement. Kid needs to earn it, and if he plays moving forward like he did tonight, that will happen. 

He's not entitled to the starting job, but he's the best choice at this point in time. Coreau is gone soon. No sense starting him unless it's really needed. Perfect time to let Mrazek play. When Howard gets back, figure it out from there.

2 hours ago, chaps80 said:

He's not entitled to the starting job, but he's the best choice at this point in time. Coreau is gone soon. No sense starting him unless it's really needed. Perfect time to let Mrazek play. When Howard gets back, figure it out from there.

I meant entitlement on his end, as if he's "owed" the starts.

Ahh no, he's gotta earn it right now. But honestly, if/when the playoffs are out of reach, Blash has gotta play all the kids as much as possible. That includes Mrazek. Doesn't make sense to have the vets playing over the kids when there's nothing to lose.

7 hours ago, chaps80 said:

Ahh no, he's gotta earn it right now. But honestly, if/when the playoffs are out of reach, Blash has gotta play all the kids as much as possible. That includes Mrazek. Doesn't make sense to have the vets playing over the kids when there's nothing to lose.

This. But not just in Mrazek's case, I want to see all the kids getting more games / ice time. Continue playing Jurco, he's looked good. Get Sproul back in. Give Mantha and Athanasiou more ice time. Continue playing Ouellet and Jensen in key situations. I'm really hoping Holland trades a couple of the vets at the deadline, so there's no other option for Blash, other than to play the kids...

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

This. But not just in Mrazek's case, I want to see all the kids getting more games / ice time. Continue playing Jurco, he's looked good. Get Sproul back in. Give Mantha and Athanasiou more ice time. Continue playing Ouellet and Jensen in key situations. I'm really hoping Holland trades a couple of the vets at the deadline, so there's no other option for Blash, other than to play the kids...

Agreed. Fire sale vets and bring guys like Bertuzzi, Svetch, and G. Smith up. And give Mantha, AA, Larkin, Sproul, XO, Jensen, Mrazek majority of the playing time. If no trades can be made, let Z(maybe), Kronwall, Howard chill so they don't get injured. Bench Errorsson, Miller, Ott, Sheahan.

I'd love for them to keep Vanek and Green, but if they fetch something in a trade they can't turn down, gotta do it.

21 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Agreed. Fire sale vets and bring guys like Bertuzzi, Svetch, and G. Smith up. And give Mantha, AA, Larkin, Sproul, XO, Jensen, Mrazek majority of the playing time. If no trades can be made, let Z(maybe), Kronwall, Howard chill so they don't get injured. Bench Errorsson, Miller, Ott, Sheahan.

I'd love for them to keep Vanek and Green, but if they fetch something in a trade they can't turn down, gotta do it.

G. Smith isn't coming for a while , svechnikov needs to stay down,bertuzzi can come down last 10-15 depending on moves we make 

im ok with keeping green, he can be a good trade chip next season when the draft will be better , but if we won't protect he needs to be gone

Agreed on mrazek and the kids playing more , wish we could trade Ericsson , just pay half his salary I just want him gone 

29 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

I wouldn't go that far... I'd consider calling up Bertuzzi to play on the 4th line if a couple of trades are made, but I'd leave Svechnikov down in GR for the rest of the season, maybe even next season as well. He's just not ready yet in my opinion, and I don't want another Jurco situation with Svech. No way Smith is ready, he hasn't even played a single game of pro yet, and it will likely be at least 2-3 years before we see him in a Wings jersey...

3 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

G. Smith isn't coming for a while , svechnikov needs to stay down,bertuzzi can come down last 10-15 depending on moves we make 

im ok with keeping green, he can be a good trade chip next season when the draft will be better , but if we won't protect he needs to be gone

Agreed on mrazek and the kids playing more , wish we could trade Ericsson , just pay half his salary I just want him gone 

G. Smith and Svetch may not be quite ready, but getting them in a couple games with nothin on the line except meaningless points shouldn't be a big deal. If there's no playoffs, getting a top 5 pick should become number one priority.

8 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I wouldn't go that far... I'd consider calling up Bertuzzi to play on the 4th line if a couple of trades are made, but I'd leave Svechnikov down in GR for the rest of the season, maybe even next season as well. He's just not ready yet in my opinion, and I don't want another Jurco situation with Svech. No way Smith is ready, he hasn't even played a single game of pro yet, and it will likely be at least 2-3 years before we see him in a Wings jersey...

You changed your entire post after I commented on it. I guess G. Smith would be a stretch (although it would be cool), but Svetch for a couple games won't hurt his development. Bertuzzi should get all the games he can.

5 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

G. Smith and Svetch may not be quite ready, but getting them in a couple games with nothin on the line except meaningless points shouldn't be a big deal. If there's no playoffs, getting a top 5 pick should become number one priority.

You still shouldn't rush kids when they're clearly not ready, especially just to bring them in to lose games...

1 minute ago, chaps80 said:

You changed your entire post after I commented on it. I guess G. Smith would be a stretch (although it would be cool), but Svetch for a couple games won't hurt his development. Bertuzzi should get all the games he can.

No I didn't... There's no edit in the post that you quoted me on.

5 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

You still shouldn't rush kids when they're clearly not ready, especially just to bring them in to lose games...

No I didn't... There's no edit in the post that you quoted me on.

It's not "rushing" them if they're just coming to get a feel for the NHL for a couple games. It's not  like the Yakupov situation where he was rushed into the NHL full time (along with other things) and it killed his career. I'm sure it would be more fun for them than anything.

And ya, I noticed it wasn't your post after I commented. Haha.